"LIVE" from Carnival Pride - January 26, 2014

Radio

Radio - I am a huge fan of yours when it comes to you writing your reviews. However, I am noticing something totally different than before. For some reason I can no longer see your pictures. All I get is a Box with a Red X in it. I've always been able to view your pics from my work computer and now I can't. Did you do something different or are you not using the same method to post pictures as you've done in the past??

I've had this happen on my reviews as well where a couple of people are experiencing the same issue you are. A lot of times it has to do with the browser you are using.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Forums mobile app

Radio,

Avidly following. I am going on your cruise in May (first cruise ever!). So excited. How on earth are you affording your internet bill???? I looked at the rates and have already sworn off all contact while on the cruise...

Bill

Hello everyone. . . Good afternoon. The rain has stopped, and it feels

that the temps have gone up a bit since my last post.

We should be up to about 50F, and that should rise later

tonight and tomorrow. The seas have calmed, but there is still considerable cloud cover.

We are currently about 60nm east of Jacksonville, Florida.

We still have about 110nm left to go.

The homemade pizza up at the Mermaids Grille is wonderful . . .

I had 2 slices this afternoon for lunch. It is made to order

and tastes wonderful. I watched the news (OK, I took a nap) for

at least about 90min this afternoon, so I should be recharged

enough for the Production Show tonight, and maybe Punchliners

Comedy Club late tonight.

There will also be a Mardi Gras Celebration later tonight in the

Atrium Lobby. Here are a few pics from today. . .

We will be in Port Canaveral tomorrow !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

I wasn’t aware that there was a complimentary Light Lunch at the Serenity Pool Bar.

C11.JPG

The water seems to be warm enough for swimming now.

C8.JPG

Contestants try to win in one of the Pool Games Contests

C10.JPG

I like Chess, but I think it would be hard to focus with this set.

C9.JPG

My view Aft seems like we are going a lot slower than 13 kts.

C12.JPG

Our current position. . . (It seems that the Elevation settings my not be correct. . .Ooops)

MAP7.jpg

Edited by Radio

Radio,

Avidly following. I am going on your cruise in May (first cruise ever!). So excited. How on earth are you affording your internet bill???? I looked at the rates and have already sworn off all contact while on the cruise...

Bill

Thanks Bill. . . I used the $159 pkg, and it will be plenty for me this week.

It takes only about 10min per post. I spend time to prep each post before I log in. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have never heard of this either. Good to know.

Thanks

Hey Mark - I am following along with you as I alway do, but something funny going on with the website, I click quick reply & HAVE to post a quote, which to me takes up way too much space. Anyway, here I am, and lovin' every minute with you. Tomorrow the weather will warm up for you (hoping) No picture yet of your 'office' on your balcony....a bit too chilly? Tomorrow. Thanks for taking us along.

dm.

I have never heard of this either. Good to know.

These boxed lunches are a great idea! The sun worshipers in the Serenity Area can dine al fresco without leaving their loungers. Do you know if this is on all Carnival ships with a Serenity Area, Mark? I hope someone on the staff can answer this question Mark because it will make our Miracle cruise planning next month go more smoothly.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Edited by sanmarcosman

These boxed lunches are a great idea! The sun worshipers in the Serenity Area can dine al fresco without leaving their loungers. Do you know if this is on all Carnival ships with a Serenity Area, Mark? I hope someone on the staff can answer this question Mark because it will make our Miracle cruise planning next month go more smoothly.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

I am told that this feature is available on all ships with a Serenity Area.

Thanks for your nice comments. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your pictures are worth a thousand words! Thanks for the time you put into these posts.

Thanks for the very comments. . .There will be many more pics tomorrow !

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the very comments. . .There will be many more pics tomorrow !

Radio

;);)

Could you please post the menu for lunch in the dining room? Thank you for posting. I will be on the pride Feb 23rd :). Sailed on her twin the miracle feb 26th last year out of NY. Cant wait to see The pride!

I don't drink coffee, but I am ready for my morning fix......Radio's live report.

Thanks for doing this Radio. I haven't cruised Carnival for quite a while, but might seriously think about it. Might wait until it comes back to Baltimore next year. I already have my cruises booked for this year.

Hope you are having a great cruise. It sounds like you are. Keep up the great work you are doing for us back here in this awful frigid weather. And bring some of the warm weather back with you.:p;)

Gwen :)

Good Morning everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Carnival Pride.

We have arrived to Port Canaveral. We picked up the pilot at around 6AM, and navigated into the channel. We spun around in the turning basin and docked at Terminal 10-11. This is the terminal that Freedom of the Seas homeports. Pride made it to the Terminal by 7AM, and passengers were cleared to go ashore at around 745. The temps today are a little chilly. It was about 54F when we docked but it should get up to about 62F later this afternoon. It is very cloudy, but there is no rain.

These are still much better weather conditions that we left behind in Baltimore, and tomorrow will be better. I will be getting off of the ship around 9AM. I have a rental car booked at Budget, and I plan to make it over to Kennedy Space Center for a few hours. Depending on the weather, I may make it over to Jetty Park or the New Port Canaveral Welcome Center.

Here are a few pics of our arrival. . . Many more pics later today.

Radio

Carnival Pride approaches the pier slowly. . .

D8.JPG

It’s cloudy and cold but I’m sure it will warm up later

D9.JPG

Port Canaveral workers begin to get the ship secured

D10.JPG

Busses are beginning to line up for excursion

D14.JPG

The Gangway is being prepared for passengers to go ashore

D12.JPG

Our current position. . .

MAP8.jpg

I love your review and pictures - I just booked carnival pride for a mom/ daughter cruise in the summer. She is 13, and so excited, as this will be her first cruise.

We are doing the same itinerary , and I already have passes to universal (unused from prior trip there)

Do you know the best option for us on getting from the port to universal and back? (Or anybody that reads this that might know)

Thanks! Enjoy your cruise :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the coffee machines up on Lido on this ship !!! we just pack our own mugs-our rooms are always near the aft elevators-take a quick ride up and BAM! fresh ground & HOT coffee...I think they use Seattles Best but not exactly sure......they even have a hot cocoa machine:eek:

Good Morning everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Carnival Pride.

These are still much better weather conditions that we left behind in Baltimore, and tomorrow will be better. I will be getting off of the ship around 9AM. I have a rental car booked at Budget, and I plan to make it over to Kennedy Space Center for a few hours. Depending on the weather, I may make it over to Jetty Park or the New Port Canaveral Welcome Center.

Radio, This is exactly what we are planning to do on our Port Canaveral day! How far is Budget from the port? Are you able to get off of the boat and walk to it? How far of a drive is it to Kennedy Space Center?

Hoping it warms up for you and you get to see some sunshine soon!!

81 in Nassau tomorrow and 83 in Freeport on Friday. Warm weather is coming!

I don't know where you are, but damn, those temps sound so good.

I'm in Md. Frigid, bitter, icy, and dreary are a few of the words (that I can print here) that I would use to describe it here. Just ugly.:(