RCCL cruiser needs help with Celebrity booking

leeselee

Hello,

I do not know whether to post here or on the Celebrity boards - so if you could please let me know, I would be most appreciative.

We have cruised a few times in a GS on RCCL.

This year my husband and I would like to try Celebrity but we are a little confused and somewhat frustrated with the Celebrity website.

We cannot decide between a Balcony/Concierge/Aqua Class stateroom.

Apart from the poetic descriptions, I cannot decipher what is the benefit of paying more. The RC website is so much easier (never thought I would find myself saying that!).

Are the staterooms larger the more expensive you up? do you get more benefits? is there a list?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks!

Hello,

I do not know whether to post here or on the Celebrity boards - so if you could please let me know, I would be most appreciative.

This year my husband and I would like to try Celebrity but we are a little confused and somewhat frustrated with the Celebrity website.

Apart from the poetic descriptions, I cannot decipher what is the benefit of paying more. The RC website is so much easier (never thought I would find myself saying that!).

Are the staterooms larger the more expensive you up? do you get more benefits? is there a list?

Thanks!

As you can see from my signature, I will be sailing on X for the first time in May. The cabin sizes are all the same on the S class ships. On the M class ships the concierge and aqua class rooms are a bit larger than the balconies.

For us it came down to the amenities and the extra captains club points for the aqua stateroom.

I'd suggest that you post this over on the celebrity boards for more information.

Steve

Depending on the ship, on the S-class (Equinox, Eclipse, Reflection, Silhouette and Solstice) all cabins are exactly the same size and shape w/ VERY VERY few exceptions. Balconies on the hump are a bit bigger but no big deal.

So they are NOT larger until you get to a suite.

Aqua class gives you some spa perks (Persian Gardens, aroma therapy reeds in the room, enhanced toiletries like lip balm… big deal) but the draw is BLU which is the dedicated restaurant for Aqua Class. Small venue, healthier food w/ more reductions rather than sauces. Most Aqua enthusiasts LOVE BLU! I don't and I've given it tries on 2 different classes of ship.

When computing points for loyalty status, they give double for AQ. Priority boarding.

CONCIERGE: you get almost NOTHING. Canapes in your room in the afternoon, pillow menu, enhanced room service breakfast. Priority boarding. You eat in the MDR. The DOUBLE points for loyalty level is the best perk for Concierge IMHO.

All other cabins (inside, ocean view, balcony, concierge, Aqua) are the same size on the S class, but cabin sizes vary, even w/in category on M-Class.

If you have certain levels of loyalty on RCI it may translate to loyalty on Celebrity. For instance Diamond is Elite (and vice versa), but your POINTS DO NOT ADD TO THE OTHER LINE'S points. So 14 points on Celebrity stays on your celebrity loyalty account and does not accrue on your RCI account.

And there is a list of benefits. GOOGLE is your friend. For instance "Celebrity Aqua Class Benefits" yields this link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_aqua_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

Edited by bighairtexan

The pp explained the sizes on M and S class ships. None of them will be the size of those GS's, of course.

Concierge class gets some extra amenities like flowers, maybe priority embarkation, more captain's club points (oddly named, note that concierge service does not come with CClass). Sometimes cabins with oversized balconies might be found in Concierge class.

Aqua class gets the above amenities and also gets to dine in a special restaurant (Blu). Most people really like Blu, but of course the menus do not suit everybody. For example, my husband who loves heavy sauces and gravies, is not too crazy about the Blu menus. We have not yet sailed in Aqua class; he might like it if he ever tries it. Aqua class also gets bottled water and access to a special relaxation room, as I recall.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hello,

Thanks!

You didn't say which ship you are considering. On the S class ships Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, etc the cabin size for Balcony, Concierge & Aqua are all the same.

On M class ships Concierge & Aqua cabins may be a little larger.

Concierge has some perks, most would say of minimal value, and normally better location. Aqua gets the perks of Concierge plus others- the best in my and many others option is having the restaurant Blu as your assigned dining room (smaller than MDR, quieter, eat when you want, better service & food).

To get more info go the the Celebrity web site, find the ships, click on one you are interested in and you can find info on the various types of staterooms on that ship including size and amenities.

The closest cabin in size to the GS would be a Sky suite - and you get a butler in Suites on Celebrity.

Hope this helped

Well, thank you, thank you.

I cut and paste and posted on Celebrity boards and so far nothing.

But - RC posters- your help has been as always - invaluable and I can now go armed with my lap top to my husband - who has the concentration span of a gold fish -to try and talk about booking a cruise - my favourite subject!!!

Thanks again.

One step closer.....

There are several knowledgeable and helpful Celebrity cruisers on the Celebrity boards.

We sail the S class ships and the cabins you describe are all the same size. The major difference is in the amenities you receive and with Aqua cabins, you get special dining in Blu restaurant, rather than the dining room. Be aware that concierge class has noting to do with any concierge person or lounge.

We found the phone agents to be helpful on our first celebrity cruise.

Also on the Celebrity boards is a spreadsheet sticky noting just about every room on various ship. What is near, noise, balcony size, bed placement etc.

good luck

M

CONCIERGE: you get almost NOTHING. Canapes in your room in the afternoon, pillow menu, enhanced room service breakfast. Priority boarding. You eat in the MDR. The DOUBLE points for loyalty level is the best perk for Concierge IMHO.

Just a note here: the loyalty program changed a few months back, so it's no longer double points as such for Concierge. They now have tiered points through about 7 grades of cabin, the higher the cabin the more points. So Concierge still gets more than inside, but it's progressive.

Celebrity Balcony cabins include:

Services:

Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)

Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens

Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

Private mini-bar*

Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*

Private safe

Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

For Aqua you get all of the above & they add:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

For Concierge you get the Balcony basics & they add:

Services

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Personalized Concierge service

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Expanded room service menu

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories

Plush bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Fresh flowers

Custom-blended bath amenities

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

We will be going on our 2nd X cruise in November, since your loyalty level extends over to Celebrity we were considered Elite & we had the 1-2-3 drink package upgraded to the premium, so we went with the regular balcony cabin. The cabins are all the same, it's just the different amenities you get or extra cruise points. We were on the Reflection a couple of months ago and had a great time & have already booked an 11 day cruise on Equinox, have a great time!!!