Great Times on Indy! ~ A Big Review With Lots of Pics!

Conclusion:

This cruise was mostly excellent. My only (minor) complaints were the inconsistent food quality, a fairly dry Cruise Director and way-too-numerous P.A. announcements. RCI should really take a lesson from Celebrity on how to handle PA announcement. That is, there should be very few. I don’t need the Cruise Compass read to me! I get it both in my cabin and now on the electronic displays. I also don’t need to hear about bingo, art auctions and jewelry sales. It makes the atmosphere on board seem cheap, like a constant sales pitch. It’s as if the ship were a floating K-Mart

You sound just like me!

Also, Thank you for the great review!

Does the Indy have the 2 for $20 ($10) t-shirt sale featuring the port-of-call shirts like other ships? This is where I tend to pick up quick gifts for family.

Nope. You won't find most of the usual RCI, ship, or island related gifts that we are used to on all of RCI's other ships.

What a great review and great information on the Indy. Sailing March 29, 2014 and just have enjoyed reading all the questions and answers and photo's are wonderful!

Thanks again for taking your time doing this for us future Indy cruiser's.:D

Nope. You won't find most of the usual RCI, ship, or island related gifts that we are used to on all of RCI's other ships.

What a bummer. I have just gotten over the disappointment that I would not be able to get a ship magnet or Christmas ornament and now this. Well, on a more positive note, that leaves more money in the budget for some fruity adult beverages!

Day 1, Fort Lauderdale:

The drive to Port Everglades from the hotel only took about a half hour. Independence was parked at Pier 29, which is way over on the southeast side of the port. After leaving the car at Park n Go, it was just a quick shuttle ride to the ship.

We were greeted at Park N Go by the monkeys, they are always there

232323232%7Ffp43894%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D39457478%3B8326nu0mrj

Indy at Pier 29

232323232%7Ffp43873%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D39457463%3B%3A326nu0mrj

Lots of ships at Port Everglades, the port load was over 25,000 people. That's 50,000 coming and going in one day!

232323232%7Ffp43847%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D39457478%3B%3B326nu0mrj

Woohoo! My first D+ card!

232323232%7Ffp43873%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394572%3B797326nu0mrj

I love your Romeo and Juliet with the Diamond Plus Status on your SeaPass Card. It sounds so romantic to say I'm Diamond Plus dining in the Romeo and Juliet Dining room(:

Thanks for your most excellent review and wonderful pics!

There are a few cruisers here on CC that I really get excited when I see they have a review posted. You are one of those people DG :)

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. I enjoy doing these reviews, they let me kinda go back through the trip and relive it since they tend to fly right by.

Thank you for the amazing review! Now I am even more excited for my cruise in a few weeks!

No problem, hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by DarthGrady

Thanks again for the review--loved your photo's and have really enjoyed the daily updates to pass the time this past week until we board Indy this Sunday.

I was contemplating doing a live review nest week, but I think I'd be hard pressed to find a photo opportunity you didn't capture!!!! Great job!

Did you by chance take any Menu pictures?? Interested in the 8th day menu. Thanks again for the review, So excited to be on her in December

We are taking this cruise in March and I plan to take pictures of the menus as that has been requested a number of times.

As long as I don't forget to take them, I will post them after we are back.

We are taking this cruise in March and I plan to take pictures of the menus as that has been requested a number of times.

As long as I don't forget to take them, I will post them after we are back.

Thanks everyone for their replies. It is appreciated

Grady, this is the most awesome detailed report I have ever caught on the Indy! Thank you so much for sharing and for posting the wonderful pics!

I have a couple of questions ... the internet? Does it work in your cabin, and if so, was it really slow? Seems to be a general complaint while cruising in the Caribbean.

Also, do you have a link for the Blue Water Safari in St. Kitts? That definitely sounds like my type of excursion! :)

We're on the Indy March 15th ... and can't wait! Our winter has been horrific, and I'm really starting to get tired of "bonding" with a shovel!!

D~

Grady, this is the most awesome detailed report I have ever caught on the Indy! Thank you so much for sharing and for posting the wonderful pics!

I have a couple of questions ... the internet? Does it work in your cabin, and if so, was it really slow? Seems to be a general complaint while cruising in the Caribbean.

Also, do you have a link for the Blue Water Safari in St. Kitts? That definitely sounds like my type of excursion! :)

We're on the Indy March 15th ... and can't wait! Our winter has been horrific, and I'm really starting to get tired of "bonding" with a shovel!!

D~

I can't speak to the quality of the Wi-Fi, I never used it. I actually didn't even use the free minutes that we get with the coupon, this was a very fast paced cruise.

Here is a link to Blue Water Safaris, we did the half day cruise with a light lunch. I think we'll do the full day with the visit to Nevis next time.

http://www.bluewatersafaris.com/catamaran-cruises

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I can't speak to the quality of the Wi-Fi, I never used it. I actually didn't even use the free minutes that we get with the coupon, this was a very fast paced cruise.

Here is a link to Blue Water Safaris, we did the half day cruise with a light lunch. I think we'll do the full day with the visit to Nevis next time.

http://www.bluewatersafaris.com/catamaran-cruises

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We will get to meet up with you on the Legend in Dec. it seems. looking forward to it.