Bagging the tv remote

dibh1129

Of course you never know, but I'm thinking after 2 days of sanitization, Explorer will be the cleanest ship afloat. Plus you'll see cleanliness pushed like you never have before. Bet you have nothing to worry about. But I'd still wash my hands as many times per day as possible. :)

This might be more to your liking

my-wife.jpg

Wow.. a light bulb just went on over my head.. we should issue these suits to smokers too.. one cigarette will be double the hit, and none of the smoke will escape. Smokers can save money by making use of their own second hand smoke. Brilliant.

;)

Edited by Toddcan

LOL, the suite is funny.

Our first cruise back in )^ was getting onto a spotless, completely bleached down ship. They Noro the week before ours. We always bring the Lysol wipes. They come in travel packs and it only takes about 10 minutes to do a good cleaning.

we just bring a small package of wipes when we board and wipe the handles, remote, telephone and anything else we're going to touch. Then any germs are our own.

We do the same. However, our plan falls apart once the steward access the cabin. If they use the TV while cleaning... The remote is now suspect. And all door handles too. There is no escape!!!

Better bring baggies for the bed, the couch, and the shower.

And coat hangers. And door handles. And drawers. And cabinets. And light switches. And faucet handles. And hair dryer. And the safe. And curtains. And...well, you get the picture.:D:rolleyes:

Edited by time4u2go

And coat hangers. And door handles. And drawers. And cabinets. And light switches. And faucet handles. And hair dryer. And the safe. And curtains. And...well, you get the picture.:D:rolleyes:

Not to mention the airport you fly from, the airport that you land in, the cab or shuttle, the hotel you may stay at, the restaurant you eat at, the bar you may go to, the shuttle or cab to the port, the 1000's of people at the port waiting to get off and on the ship. My guess is that Baggie and Lysol wipes will help a lot! Wash your hands frequently and try not to touch your eyes and nose and mouth!

Not to mention the airport you fly from, the airport that you land in, the cab or shuttle, the hotel you may stay at, the restaurant you eat at, the bar you may go to, the shuttle or cab to the port, the 1000's of people at the port waiting to get off and on the ship. My guess is that Baggie and Lysol wipes will help a lot! Wash your hands frequently and try not to touch your eyes and nose and mouth!

OK Toddcan, how much are those suites? ROTFL.

That pretty much sums it up.

And of course after the room has all been "wiped down", the room steward will come in next day to clean and use the same rag that was just used in the previous 9 rooms............:D

OMG I just realized the room steward usually puts my sunglasses on the towel animals!!! I'm going to have to sterilize them daily now, they've been "touched"!

Edited by bouhunter

And of course after the room has all been "wiped down", the room steward will come in next day to clean and use the same rag that was just used in the previous 9 rooms............:D

OMG I just realized the room steward usually puts my sunglasses on the towel animals!!! I'm going to have to sterilize them daily now, they've been "touched"!

Don't forget the Lysol wipes will leave a film on the lenses and you will not be able to see very good!

LOL... so true... I have been blasted for saying this but the cruise line/cruise staff really need to re-think the way they do things on the ship. That rag, that mop, the food prep, and so on and so on. It is all a factor. Yes the passengers certainly can bring the germs on the ship but it is also very reasonable to think that they are being transmitted by the staff.

We do the same. However, our plan falls apart once the steward access the cabin. If they use the TV while cleaning... The remote is now suspect. And all door handles too. There is no escape!!!

DontTreadOnMe: Please fix your signature. when you put your future cruises all side my side like that, it forces the entire thread to scroll to the right/left. Simple fix: Push ENTER in betwen each of the countdowns so they are not all on the same line.

LOL... so true... I have been blasted for saying this but the cruise line/cruise staff really need to re-think the way they do things on the ship. That rag, that mop, the food prep, and so on and so on. It is all a factor. Yes the passengers certainly can bring the germs on the ship but it is also very reasonable to think that they are being transmitted by the staff.

That was a JOKE:rolleyes: You can continue to lecture about sanitation and cruise line fault on the other thread..............

Sorry for the silly question: for this that put the tv remote, what size Baggie do I need?

Seriously? You don't have a TV remote somewhere at your disposal to try out?

Play it safe and bring a 20 gallon see through trash bag.

All the jokes about people sanitizing their cabins are not quite as funny after a large noro outbreak. Make fun of those people as much as you want, but just make sure you wash your hands before and after.:rolleyes:

Agreed!

I think bagging the remote is a fabulous idea. It's likely something that doesn't get wiped down between passengers.

LA_CA_GAL...not all remotes are the same size & shape, so trying to fit your home remote is pointless.