Carnival Pride - Repositioning Cruise 2015

PittsburghGirlee

So I have to sign up for the group on FB to see pricing

Is this a TA doing this or is this thru Carnival

I thought it was a roll call group and joined. I can't tell if it's a TA running the group or not because there is some OBC being given that is not in line with Carnival guidelines. At least it gives us an idea of pricing since nothing's up online for public consumption.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Just shot the PVP an email, asked her to call me in the morning. She called me right back, said the ship was selling real well. Got the same cabin I've had twice before on the Legend, really quiet area on the Verandah deck. I don't understand why Carnival never built more ships on this deck plan, the three pools on the Lido with the after pool in the Serenity area is just outstanding.

It is being run by a couple of TA's and the OBC given is with in Carnival Guidelines. It is given because it is a group amenity. The same amenity is given for the 7 day repositioning Cruise aboard the Splendor in November.

I thought it was a roll call group and joined. I can't tell if it's a TA running the group or not because there is some OBC being given that is not in line with Carnival guidelines. At least it gives us an idea of pricing since nothing's up online for public consumption.

They are balconies that are longer (and sometimes wider) than standard balconies. You can do a search on this forum to find room numbers for them on Spirit-class ships.

I don't know which cabin the other poster was referencing, but I booked 6232. Here is a photo of what the 180 square foot balcony looks like:

DSCN0188.JPG

Yessssssssssssssssssss. :D

Had this cabin on our Alaska cruise.. It was fantastic!! Loved it!!

This is totally incorrect. All TAs that have groups are free to offer the group amenities to each cabin. Depending on how many amenity points a group sailing has, the TA can give out the pertaining amenities, be it OBC, wine, a free cocktail party, etc.

I realize that there are lots of folks not wanting to use a TA and that's perfectly fine. But to say no to a reduced deposit and $100 OBC? Not me!

Furthermore, these groups have locked in rates. For popular sailings like these, prices will keep jumping. So, the more people wait, the more they have to pay for the very same cabin.

Everyone going on this fantastic cruise, have a great time!!!!

They are balconies that are longer (and sometimes wider) than standard balconies. You can do a search on this forum to find room numbers for them on Spirit-class ships.

I don't know which cabin the other poster was referencing, but I booked 6232. Here is a photo of what the 180 square foot balcony looks like:

DSCN0188.JPG

Yessssssssssssssssssss. :D

These are categorized as 8J and 8K and are AWESOME! Midship extended balcony, more wind and more central than the aft extended.

That is total with fees and taxes. I got a bowling alley balcony (7258) and I bet they go fast. Don't wait too long. LOL

You got the cabin I wanted :p

We have that one for the 10/05/14 too:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

You got the cabin I wanted :p

We have that one for the 10/05/14 too:)

We've had this cabin a few times. Last two cruises we went aft and loved it but since this was available, I couldn't resist. Plus it's cheaper than an aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repo's are usually bottom bargains when they are released.. $3400 for a balcony on a 14 day ( even the bowling alley) is to much. Repos are again I say usually way less than a $100 a day per person.. I'll just have to price watch..

Thestapels~I think the reduced deposits are just for 2014 sailings..

Hey Donna, hope all is well, it’s an interesting cruise, I'm with you pretty high for a repo, I bet the price comes way down on it.

There are prices available on carnivals website. I priced a 4K french door interior for my family of 4. $3299 with tax. I felt that is reasonable for a 2 week cruise. I could pay that much for a 7 day RCCL inside teeny tiny cabin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by TeresaJ

Yep, this cruise is now posted on carnival.com and I also believe that the prices are a bit high...:eek:

I am a balcony girl and even for a 14 day with great ports, I am still going to wait it out a bit with hopes that the prices drop. I know I could book ES, but I just don't have an extra $400 for the deposit right now.

If anything, I may book this while on the Breeze and get the additional $100.00 for booking while on a cruise. Every little bit will help.

This is totally incorrect. All TAs that have groups are free to offer the group amenities to each cabin. Depending on how many amenity points a group sailing has, the TA can give out the pertaining amenities, be it OBC, wine, a free cocktail party, etc.

I realize that there are lots of folks not wanting to use a TA and that's perfectly fine. But to say no to a reduced deposit and $100 OBC? Not me!

Furthermore, these groups have locked in rates. For popular sailings like these, prices will keep jumping. So, the more people wait, the more they have to pay for the very same cabin.

Everyone going on this fantastic cruise, have a great time!!!!

No one said it was being done as a group booking with amenity points--my bad. :rolleyes: I got the wrong impression off of one of the posts.

There are prices available on carnivals website. I priced a 4K french door interior for my family of 4. $3299 with tax. I felt that is reasonable for a 2 week cruise. I could pay that much for a 7 day RCCL inside teeny tiny cabin.

We came *thisclose* to booking 4K, but I just couldn't resist when I found out the four-person bowling alley balcony cabin was available. Guess I'll be working a little overtime this year. ;)

Just got prices...going to take it home tonight and go over it with my Hubby!! Hoping we can book it next week!!

This will be our 10th Anniversary Cruise!!

Here is what she quoted me from Carnival.:)

So the balcony there is $1089 average rate (1414/1414/439) per person taxes are 130.78 per person total for three is 3659.34

The price we can do forward deck 5 by camp carnival however above show lounge or one floor higher Empress for $1103 average rate of (1434/1434/439) per person taxes are 130.78 per person total for three is 3699.34

Hey Donna, hope all is well, it’s an interesting cruise, I'm with you pretty high for a repo, I bet the price comes way down on it.

Yep, I hope the prices come down. Theres ALOT of interest in this one so who knows..

Whats on your cruise agenda right now?

We jumped in - 8k.

We're in a VS for our 7 day sailing in Mar 14 but couldn't stomach the price of VS for this one. LOL Would LOVE to have done it, but if prices drop, with ES, we can always UPGRADE, right? LOL

$3909 for 3 of us. That's $93 a day - not horrible and we haven't been to a couple of the ports and have been wanting to hit Panama. AND we get to go to Sting Ray City!?

Now, if excursions would open, I'd be one happy camper.

Nice itinerary, maybe in 2015 Carnival is planning to make Limon and Panama more frequest port stops? I'd be interested but there are way too many sea days, and that last b2b2b2 sea day (3 in a row) would drive me crazy.

I cruise for the ports, not the ship so ... we are not sea day people (I recently found that our on our last cruise when we had 3 sea days and missed a port, making it 4 sea days out of 7 days on board). It became one big snoozefest. We like to get off the ship every day and do our own thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love getting off the ship (gets too harried for me), but I love sea days. & I haven't been on a big ship with all of the entertaining whizbangs.:D Different strokes. I al so looking forward to Costa Rica & may not even leave the ship in St. Martin.

Just a l'il tip - there is a page on that "social network" on this cruise.

Would that be f.b.? I don't f.b. - & I hope that if we get a good roll call on CC that a competing one on f.b. doesn't ruin it. That happened on my last Carnival cruise.:(