Carnival Pride - Repositioning Cruise 2015

PittsburghGirlee

I think this sounds EXCITING.....

From John's Page:

Special 14-Day Repositioning Cruise from Tampa to Baltimore

Prior to its Baltimore deployment, Carnival Pride will operate a 14-day repositioning cruise departing Tampa March 15 and arriving Baltimore March 29, 2015.

The special one-time voyage will feature six magnificent seaside destinations throughout the Caribbean and Central America, including George Town, Grand Cayman; Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; Aruba; Curacao; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. Each of these destinations offers gorgeous beaches, interesting historical sites and myriad dining, shopping and sightseeing opportunities. Optional excursions to the spectacular Panama Canal will be featured during the call in Colon.

He also posted that booking will be listed and available later on today :)

Edited by PittsburghGirlee

I am ALL OVER this one! We've repo-ed through the Canal twice now but never had an actual port stop there... thrilled for the chance to do some exploring! I've also never been to the Caribbean side of Costa Rica, or to Aruba, Curacao, or St. Maarten. Add in the fact that I love Tampa as an embarkation port and we are all in! :D

I think this sounds EXCITING.....

From John's Page:

Special 14-Day Repositioning Cruise from Tampa to Baltimore

Prior to its Baltimore deployment, Carnival Pride will operate a 14-day repositioning cruise departing Tampa March 15 and arriving Baltimore March 29, 2015.

The special one-time voyage will feature six magnificent seaside destinations throughout the Caribbean and Central America, including George Town, Grand Cayman; Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; Aruba; Curacao; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. Each of these destinations offers gorgeous beaches, interesting historical sites and myriad dining, shopping and sightseeing opportunities. Optional excursions to the spectacular Panama Canal will be featured during the call in Colon.

He also posted that booking will be listed and available later on today :)

I wonder if they will put the $50 deposit special on it.

I booked about an hour ago through my PVP.

Deposit is $800 ($400 per person) since it is a 14 day cruise and an 8K at Past Guest cost me $3400.

Is this a TOTAL or before taxes and port fees? Is $1700.00 per pax a little steep or is just me????

I thought I always read that the REPO cruises were cheaper.

Hmmmmm, looks like I may be waiting a bit before booking. I MUST have a balcony though;).

Would love to grab up the BOWLING ALLEY again, but I am sure that will cost an arm and leg.

Is this a TOTAL or before taxes and port fees? Is $1700.00 per pax a little steep or is just me????

Hmmmmm, looks like I may be waiting a bit before booking. I MUST have a balcony though;).

Would love to grab up the BOWLING ALLEY again, but I am sure that will cost an arm and leg.

That is total with fees and taxes. I got a bowling alley balcony (7258) and I bet they go fast. Don't wait too long. LOL

Edited by Duckie26

I thought it was steep too, but then reminded myself that it's a 14-day cruise and I suppose at $121 per person, per day for a balcony is about on par.

I'm sure it's the port taxes that make up a few hundred dollars to this total.

That is total with fees and taxes. I got a bowling alley balcony (7258) and I bet they go fast. Don't wait too long. LOL

I had this exact room a few years ago and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Even better than the Aft Wrap I had. Enjoy.... I may just have to settle for a regular old side balcony at this rate. I will just keep watching. Also, leaving for the Breeze in a few weeks and may book while on board to get the extra $100.00;)

Repo's are usually bottom bargains when they are released.. $3400 for a balcony on a 14 day ( even the bowling alley) is to much. Repos are again I say usually way less than a $100 a day per person.. I'll just have to price watch..

Thestapels~I think the reduced deposits are just for 2014 sailings..

Aren't most reposition cruises spent mostly at sea, crossing over from Europe?

I think the itinerary is what is so enticing about this cruise and I'm happy to pay the price I did. Any price drops I get (up until final payment) will just be bonus.

I think the itinerary is what is so enticing about this cruise and I'm happy to pay the price I did. Any price drops I get (up until final payment) will just be bonus.

Not necessarily, I booked a repo from San Juan to New York City before Carnival pulled out of New York. That repo is now going from San Juan to Miami.

I think the high price is because of port charges. I know Aruba for one has a very high port charge.

No, there have been several thru out the US. A lot from the East to West coast/ Florida to LA.. There is one being booked right now from San Juan for the fall.

I'm glad your happy with the price, that's what matters. Its just my opinion that's its way to high.

Edited by Litewait

Nice itinerary, maybe in 2015 Carnival is planning to make Limon and Panama more frequest port stops? I'd be interested but there are way too many sea days, and that last b2b2b2 sea day (3 in a row) would drive me crazy.

I cruise for the ports, not the ship so ... we are not sea day people (I recently found that our on our last cruise when we had 3 sea days and missed a port, making it 4 sea days out of 7 days on board). It became one big snoozefest. We like to get off the ship every day and do our own thing.