11 Cruises with Carnival & NEVER AGAIN

charliedog

Wow, some of these responses. I swear....

If I had a shower issue, I would never think that Guest Services would be the better place to handle it. Room issues go to the guy who, you know, takes care of the ROOM, right? That's where I would go, anyway. I assume that neither he nor the nice young people at Guest Services are personally going to fix the shower. They are each going to call someone else (the same someone, maintenance). So how is it better to go to Guest Services?

"Just go to the spa to shower, dear." hahahahahaha. I would never in 1,000 years lug my toiletries and underwear and change of clothes all around the ship to find a spa to shower in. I paid for a room with a shower. This seems the most ridiculous suggestion of all.

"Should have gotten the stitches." Perhaps. Hard to know without seeing the wound. But if properly medicated with antibiotics (if the medical person the 2nd time hadn't refused them), a long open scratch is no more likely to be infected than a long stitched scratch. In fact, I've had TERRIBLE infections from a stitched wound where they sewed the bacteria right up in there when they closed the wound.

Lighten up on her people.

Although I do join the opinion, this would not stop me from cruising Carnival again.

I was on this same cruise it was number 13 with carnival. I had the cabin from He**! The shower was always hot/cold hot/cold, went to brush my teeth one day and the top of the faucet came all the way off, and numerous other problems with the cabin. That was the last straw I went down to guest services and complained ( I never complain) told them this was not going to work for me. They suggested I go to the spa and take a shower NO that is not what I paid for, just give me what I paid for. I got the shower fixed after three days and the sink fixed in five minutes, also got an onboard credit for the bad shower. The Sunshine has some major problems with the pipes and the toilet working. This was know before the cruise and I hold the cruise line responsible for this. I will still cruise carnival, we made the best of it and still had a great trip. Hope you feel better and I would call carnival and let them know about how you got your cut -

First off sorry you went through this.

Now, Carnival probably would of covered the medical cost on the ship since it was something on the ship that caused your injury, even if at first they said they would not cover it bring them a photo or better yet a supervision to the stall and show them the negligence on there part.

The shower thing would of had me upset and they would of known it.

If I myself cruised on Carnival 11 times and all ad even good I certainly wouldn't let one bad experience keep me from sailing with them.

so you got a cut. unlucky or maybe you are a bit of a klutz. either way theres no guarantee that it wouldn't happen on another cruise line. unless before booking you get them to send you a picture of the inside of every public stall on the ship and anywhere else that its possible that you may have an accident.

the showers - go to guest services - or call them from the phone that's in your room.

the stitches - get them done.. your insurance would have covered it.. wait - you did have insurance didn't you?

I honestly cannot believe they were going to make you pay for stitches! That is absurd when it was their property that caused the injury in the first place. Nothing sharp enough to cut a person should be in that position!

DO go to the doctor and get it looked at, you never know what kind of bacteria you could have picked up with so many people in close proximity to each other.

Charliedog! I do sympathize with you. As far as the shower temp, that would be annoying but I think you had a good attitude about that. But the cut on the leg and how it was handled; well that is not good at all, and I dont blame you for letting it turn you off Carnival, but it just may be the ship and the poor design of the bathrooms and the way you were treated or not treated.

This may have been mentioned already, but I am already too alarmed to read through all the responses, but I will.

My question is; do you have an up to date tetanus shot, and did they even ask you.? Cuts like that from metal objects, usually require a tetanus shot at the least. Please do seek help from a doctor now that you are home.

Hope your next cruise is much much better.

Edited by SMSACE6

I think her point about ditching Carnival is that she felt like they didn't really care that she had an injury. Yes she was told to get stitches, but I'm a little surprised to hear that given she was cut on their equipment, no one really took the time to show any level of concern. I agree she should have had the stitches, but I would also be very disappointed if I was hurt like that and was brushed off as she says the second time she went. And the shower thing would be very frustrating too. I love a nice hot ( not scalding ) shower and expect to have it available daily when I travel. Customer service 101 - act like you care!

I just got off the Liberty on Jan 25th. On the first day we reported to Guest services that our fridge was not working. They said they would send someone to fix it immediately. The next time we were back on our room, although it wasn't cold yet, we could tell they had fixed it as it was getting colder. The next day I got a message on my voicemail in the room from the Guest Services manager checking that I was satisfied with the fridge being fixed. I didn't' call back right away and a few hours later someone else from there called and couldn't have been any kinder and more concerned if I was satisfied with the fridge. The person I spoke to must not have logged the issue as resolved because the next day I got a very sincere sounding letter saying they were so very sorry my fridge hadn't worked on the first day and to please contact them to let them know if it was now satisfactory. I was impressed.

My point is - 3 contacts from guest services very concerned if my fridge problem was fixed, but this woman slashes open her leg through no fault of her own and has no working shower, but no one even checked in on her. That stinks

Seems like a few bad choices were made and none had anything to do with Carnival.

It's your money, spend it how you see fit

How is getting your leg slashed open and Carnival not caring her bad choices that have nothing to do with Carnival :confused: The only bad choice she made was not getting the stitches, but since the nurse said she had to pay, clearly it was a concern for her.

A little common sense and compassion is in order.

How is getting your leg slashed open and Carnival not caring her bad choices that have nothing to do with Carnival :confused: The only bad choice she made was not geitting the stitches, but since the nurse said she had to pay, clearly it was a concern for her.

A little common sense and compassion is in order.

People get hurt. It happens. They told her to get stitches, she didn't. They shouldn't have tried to charge her for them, other than that, How else would you have wanted Carnival to care? Its not always someone elses fault. People pass blame all the time.

Edited by soopamanluva

OP - I'm so sorry you were injured. In order for the paper holder to give you a 4 inch scar, it must have had a sharp or rough edge - that is unacceptable and - Carnival's fault. Now, I would have gotten the stitches but you were there and I understand why you may not have wanted to. I would continue to see a doctor, ensure it's not infected, then send the total bill to Carnival. An unsafe condition caused your injury (from what OP wrote), so I would pursue it. I hope you feel better soon and you don't have a scar.

OP - I'm so sorry you were injured. In order for the paper holder to give you a 4 inch scar, it must have had a sharp or rough edge - that is unacceptable and - Carnival's fault. Now, I would have gotten the stitches but you were there and I understand why you may not have wanted to. I would continue to see a doctor, ensure it's not infected, then send the total bill to Carnival. An unsafe condition caused your injury (from what OP wrote), so I would pursue it. I hope you feel better soon and you don't have a scar.

Not necessarily. I know a guy who wasn't watching where he was going and banged his head on a propeller. Gashes his forehead and required stitches. The propeller is not sharp at all. The OP stated she had deep bruising. Which means she hit it hard. If it had been sharp would have been a cut without the bruising.

People always trying to find someone to blame. Sorry the OP got hurt and hope she heals fast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry you had a bad experience on your vacation.

1st, go to the doctor. It's too late for stitches but antibiotics and a tenuous shot may be needed. My finger was cut by a slammed door. I did not go to the dr. at the time but later. I needed a tenuous shot (found out you need within last 5 yrs if you have an accident). I declined the shot so they wanted me to sign a waiver declining the shoot....I took the shoot. Go to the doctor!

My motto, when paying my money, complain until I get results. Talk to head of depts., managers or supv's til you get some results.

Lastly, I always go back to my room to use the potty...not a big drinker.

Hope all work out for you.

I understand the OP's disappointment with her cruise. I suspect that the OP paid for the room and was led to believe it would have all the customary amenities, such as a fully functioning bathroom, beds, some minimal storage space, a door, etc. I don't think it's adequate for folks to suggest that if the shower wasn't working, she could have easily gotten out of the shower, changed into appropriate attire and trudged god knows where to the spa. If her bed had bedbugs, would it be okay to suggest that there are sofas available in the atrium? If you recall, people weren't too happy on the Triumph when they had to use buckets in lieu of functional toilets.

As far as the width of the stalls go, I would expect that Carnival would know generally the girth of its demographic. That is fairly obvious to the naked eye. I have read that because of the size of the population, stalls are increasingly becoming wine-glass shaped, rather than rectangular. I would expect Carnival and similar purveyors or services of a similar demographic to be "ahead of the curve" on this.

I do hope the OP's cut isn't infected and do think that stitches might have been a good idea.

I am very sorry that she had an unpleasant cruise and I can understand why Carnival might not be her cruise line of choice in the future.

If I had a shower issue, I would never think that Guest Services would be the better place to handle it. Room issues go to the guy who, you know, takes care of the ROOM, right? That's where I would go, anyway. I assume that neither he nor the nice young people at Guest Services are personally going to fix the shower. They are each going to call someone else (the same someone, maintenance). So how is it better to go to Guest Services?

I had a similar problem as the OP of the hot/cold/hot shower issues on another ship. It was late at night and I didn't even think I would bother the room steward with this. I called Guest Services who called maintenance.

Think of Guest Services as the Front desk at a hotel. If I ever have maintenance problems with a room in a hotel, I call the Front Desk, not housekeeping.

I'm still stuck on the first post and the cut. She cut herself on a piece of standard equipment throughout the ship. It's a dispenser that has been used by every cruiser who has used that stall and will continue to be used. It was not defective and had standard placement location, so I don't see it as Carnival's fault like some here have indicated. The OP is large, so why did she not take precautions herself? I think this is why she was to be charged for the injury.

Just because someone cuts them self on something doesn't mean it was poorly designed or placed, a corner of most anything can cut you. The OP has been on 11 cruises, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the first time she went to the bathroom on a ship, hundreds of thousands of people use the restrooms on these ships, I'm not hearing of an epidemic of people cutting them self in a bathroom. It was a careless accident on her on her part, not carnivals. As far as the water issue, sorry but plumbing problems exist, as inconvenient as it might have been she had another option. Don't refuse medical treatment then complain about it. I highly doubt the visit to the Dr. Was not documented, that just falls under the CYOA for carnival.

so if this lady had bled to death who would be at fault?

Why does someone always have to be at fault ? Isn't that why we call something's accidents ? Could the OP be at fault ? It's a shame everyone wants to blame someone else for their own carelessness. Just like the woman who got drunk and supposedly fell overboard, suing carnival because they didn't rescue her " fast enough ".