Noordam review Southern Caribbean Jan 17 - 27

sjgertz

We are on our way to the Southern Caribbean on Monday. I have been checking the weather and it keep on saying windy about 22 MPH. Was it the same when you visited these ports? Were you able to enjoy the ports or did the wind was too much? We will want to take tours and I'm not sure. Also to sit on the deck. I worried that the wind will be a spoiler.

@Carrie Cruiser the Noordam is alternating Southern Carribbean Wayfarer with Southern Carribean Wayfarer so not sure why you thought it was Western Carribbean.

It was a bit windy but nothing I particularly noticed- towels stayed on chairs etc.

The kid hadn't vomitted in >24 hours prior to boarding, had no diarrhea, and was acting fine despite the fever, runny nose and cough (and it clearly wasn't noro or other gastrointestinal virus).

@Carrie Cruiser the Noordam is alternating Southern Carribbean Wayfarer with Southern Carribean Wayfarer so not sure why you thought it was Western Carribbean.

It was a bit windy but nothing I particularly noticed- towels stayed on chairs etc.

The kid hadn't vomitted in >24 hours prior to boarding, had no diarrhea, and was acting fine despite the fever, runny nose and cough (and it clearly wasn't noro or other gastrointestinal virus).

As I understood it, the collector's cruise was 21 days, Jan 6th was the southern and then on the 17th when we got off, The ship was going on the Western part of the collector's cruise....so that is why I am confused... the people that stayed on the ship, surely weren't doing the same cruise over again.

OP - I asked the question about what you said on the health questionaire because of the following statements you made in your origianl post:

" We live in New Jersey and sailed out of Fort Lauderdale.

We had a rocky start to this cruise owing to our daughter being sick (that would be two car seats covered in vomit the first on her way home from school and the second on the way to the airport), arriving late to the airport (due to vomit) to realize we had left our passports at home. Luckily we were flying in the evening before embarkation and my husband was able to standby a later flight, go home wash the second car seat and get our passports. What is funny is that we didn’t even really forget the passports – we never even thought to take them in all our packing – just dumb I know. We had booked a flight the night prior to embarkation as insurance against the weather it also worked as insurance against stupidity.

... When my daughter and I landed about 930pm it took quite a while for the transport to make it through the airport traffic, which was horrible."

Based on what you posted it sounds like your DD was vomiting less that 24 hours before embarkation. Did you put that (and the high fever) on the health questionaire?