Boarding question

cruizecrazygramma

Do you still get your cabin right away on princess or do they announce when cabins r ready? Boarding today
In over 20 years cruising Princess, I've always been able to go directly to my cabin and start my cruise immediately. Boarding won't start until cabins are ready which is usually between 11:30am-Noon.

I don't think it cost Princess more money to have your room ready, it's can be a better way to schedule the employees.
I'm guessing Paul is referring to Carnival's "Faster to the Fun" which for $49.95/cabin, you get to board first and your cabin will be ready, plus you get priority tender disembarkation, priority specialty restaurant reservations and priority disembarkation. HAL also has cabins ready when you board. RCL and Celebrity make you go up to Lido with all your stuff to sit and wait until 2-3pm.

I'm guessing Paul is referring to Carnival's "Faster to the Fun" which for $49.95/cabin, you get to board first and your cabin will be ready, plus you get priority tender disembarkation, priority specialty restaurant reservations and priority disembarkation. HAL also has cabins ready when you board. RCL and Celebrity make you go up to Lido with all your stuff to sit and wait until 2-3pm.

Thanks for translating Paul's post! :D

In over 20 years cruising Princess, I've always been able to go directly to my cabin and start my cruise immediately. Boarding won't start until cabins are ready which is usually between 11:30am-Noon.

Pam.

I recently got a e-mail from our TA that said Princess wants us to know of the Progressive check-in in effect on our April 4th cruise to Hawaii on the Star (R/T) LA & not to get there before 1:00PM. We usually get to the port much earlier than that. We have preferred check-in, due to being in a full suite. Should I just ignore the e-mail & get there when we usually do around 11:00AM.

Is this a new term (Progressive check-in) that you know of. Or are they just trying to prevent so many people from getting to the port too early.

Thanks Pam,

Grace

Grace, that's a request, not a requirement. They've sent out that email for several years and the only US port I've heard it enforced is in SF which has limited cruise terminal facilities. Princess tries to stagger boarding but you can arrive when you want, particularly with a full suite. I plan to arrive at the port on March 1st at about 10:15am, same as I did for my January 20th cruise. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

I don't think it cost Princess more money to have your room ready, it's can be a better way to schedule the employees.

It has nothing to do with costs.

To have the cabins ready by boarding time, you must be out of your cabin by around 8 AM on disembarkation day.

Other cruise lines let you stay in the cabin longer which means the cabins will not be ready for new occupants until later.

anyone know if they have any special boarding for the wheelchair people??

i have a princess wheelchair for boarding reserved and wondered how we get it, where etc...and if we still wait in the regular lines but just in the chair??

thanks..boarding the crown in port everglades this saturday.

Grace, that's a request, not a requirement. They've sent out that email for several years and the only US port I've heard it enforced is in SF which has limited cruise terminal facilities. Princess tries to stagger boarding but you can arrive when you want, particularly with a full suite. I plan to arrive at the port on March 1st at about 10:15am, same as I did for my January 20th cruise. :)

Thanks Pam,

This is the 1st time we have received this e-mail from our TA.

Really appreciate you answering so quickly. Hope one of these days we will be on the same cruise together. You are one of my favorites:) here on CC.

Grace