Perks withdrawn

Marina222

A booked a cruise online on the Reflection two days ago for a March sailing. I received a resident rate. I paid in full since we are within final payment time frame. The deal I got was good and included either the prepaid gratuities or the beverage package. I chose the beverage package and called to upgrade to a premium package. The agent took my credit card information. I was sent an invoice that had all of this written on it. A day later a TA with the company calls me and says I'm not entitled to the perks because I got a resident rate.

It was clearly on the website and the invoice that I was getting all of these things.

This amounts to several hundred dollars being pulled from me. I would not have booked this cruise if this hadn't been offered. I said I would like to cancel the cruise without penalty or I would like to receive my perk. The travel agency's telling me too bad. I've written to the agent and to customer service.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? Thanks for any help.

A booked a cruise online on the Reflection two days ago for a March sailing. I received a resident rate. I paid in full since we are within final payment time frame. The deal I got was good and included either the prepaid gratuities or the beverage package. I chose the beverage package and called to upgrade to a premium package. The agent took my credit card information. I was sent an invoice that had all of this written on it. A day later a TA with the company calls me and says I'm not entitled to the perks because I got a resident rate.

It was clearly on the website and the invoice that I was getting all of these things.

This amounts to several hundred dollars being pulled from me. I would not have booked this cruise if this hadn't been offered. I said I would like to cancel the cruise without penalty or I would like to receive my perk. The travel agency's telling me too bad. I've written to the agent and to customer service.

Hi Marina,

Sounds like you are referring to the 123 GO offer. Unfortunately, it does not apply to Special rates, such as Resident and Senior etc. Based on what you've described, the fault appears to be with your Travel Agent, so you must take it up with them. Although it was clearly in error, the one thing you have in your favor, is reportedly having something in writing.

If you are not happy with the answer, ask to speak with a supervisor. I'm not optimistic about a positive outcome, but I wish you the best of luck.

Unfortunately these things are sometimes quite the problem using a TA. We had one such experience and have shied away from using them again. Best of luck & I would speak to a supervisor as it was obviously the TA fault. Unfortunately, they'll likely do nothing.

Did you happen to take any screen shots from the TA's website or perhaps have anything in writing to say you got this with the booking?

Like others have said, the 1,2,3 Go package is usually not combinable with special rates but perhaps if you can prove that is what you were led to believe you were booking it will help. If you have this info and the TA won't help it would be worth calling Celebrity customer relations to complain about the TA and perhaps they can help with getting you the offer or cancelling the cruise.

I had a different problem with a TA years ago and had all the copies of the communication and when the TA wouldn't help me Celebrity did.

Who was the invoice from? If it was from Celebrity you will have a good argument. If it's from the Travel Agent, go up the chain of command in his/her office and go after what you were promised.

While it's true a resident rate doesn't get the 1.2.3 if you were promised and can prove it, you should have some legs to stand on.

We got the resident rate we we first book for a future cruise. Then the 123 deal came up and we tried to see if we could get it. We could if we dropped the resident discount. The discount was more than the drink package or other offerings, so we passed.

The TAs, even Celebrity's TAs, promise a lot, but those promises are quickly broken. Happens often unfortunately.

Edited by Chitown12562

Samething happened to me. Got call from ta after all was booked. told her everything was confirmed and paid for. Ta got back to me later and stated that I would receive 100% of the credits quoted to me.

As nibird2 says, your TA sold you the cruise with the promos. You say you have it in writing. The TA should step up and pay for anything that Celebrity will not. It's their mistake. I don't think there is anything you can do about cancelling without losing something.

Hey D&B! :)

Had the same thing happen for our Feb cruise.They cancelled my 123go gratuities because of a price drop.i was upset but there was nothing I could do.Then remembered I was a stock holder and applied my stock holder credit which Celebrity says was fine,so it worked out in my favor.Celebrity discounts are hard to understand.......