"I wish I had remembered..."

taylor316

I always have my pop up hamper!! It stays ready to go ... We also bring a battery powered alarm clock.

Pop up hamper sounds like a good idea!

I remember when I used to carry on my trips (not specifically cruises) a battery powered alarm clock, an MP3 music player, and a portable GPS nav device. Now, all I need is my smartphone to do all that and more, don't miss all the other gadgets!

One spring cruise, after wearing closed-toe shoes all winter, I brought only flip flops. I got terrible blisters between my toes. Had to find some sandals in St. Thomas that did not go between my toes. Lesson learned. Also ditto to binoculars.

To feed the Gecko. (He lived.)

Some things I bring that others might forget:

USB multi-charger: can plug in phone, kindle, ipad etc into one outlet. Mine is a four way but they ome up to 6.

Stand for my iphone so when I use my alarm app it looks just like a clock radio (display stays on all night.)

Water shoes. Good for beaches and walking around pool. Deck can get very hot. Then you can just jump in water without taking off shoes.

All cruise docs, reservations, confirmations, and cc/passport info scanned onto ipad and on googledrive or dropbox. (then even if you lose everything all you need is an Internet cafe and you can retrieve all.)

Agree with binocs if you have a balcony. Especially useful when docked next to Carnival whip (just kidding.)

Smaller,thinner/water resistant wallet. Don't need all the stuff I have at home, just cash, 1 credit card, driver's license, and seapass.

Sunglass strap

Big hat. (I'm Northern European)

Many contact lenses, water and contacts don't mix.

2 bottles of wine.

Number one is: do NOT walk out on balcony in your underwear (or birthday suit) after you just woke up without checking to make sure you're not docked 20 yards away from another ship.

Edited by DrD

If you don't have a hamper, just bring a large plastic bag to separate your clean clothes from the dirty ones. I just keep them in my luggage.[/QUOT

I like to pack space bags for dirty clothes. Put two days worth of dirty clothes in a bag, roll it up to get the air out and throw it in the suitcase. Sure makes the terrible task of packing to go home much easier. And it keeps the dirty smelly clothes away from anything clean you have left to take home

We had friends that just got back from a cruise and said they were mad they forgot to pack Mosquito spray for one of their tours and the beach. I've never had this issue but thought I would add it for those that tend to get bit more than others.

If you don't have a hamper, just bring a large plastic bag to separate your clean clothes from the dirty ones. I just keep them in my luggage.[/QUOT

I like to pack space bags for dirty clothes. Put two days worth of dirty clothes in a bag, roll it up to get the air out and throw it in the suitcase. Sure makes the terrible task of packing to go home much easier. And it keeps the dirty smelly clothes away from anything clean you have left to take home

Space bags are a great idea. Thanks for the tip!!! I have never thought of that before. We throw everything in a garbage bag in the closet (regardless if cruise or land trip). Then it's such a pain to smoosh that big bag into a suitcase, plus we usually have to dig threw the dirty clothes to separate between suitcases as they don't all fit in one.

This is a very good question.

With me, I ALWAYS have a list of things to pack. Even if I'm just going to the lake, flying some place, or cruising, I have a pretty big list. If I'm just going to the lake, and some of the items on the list are for cruising, I just mark them off. I made this list years ago, and just make copies, and add items once in a while if need be. As I'm packing, I just mark the items off my list, until I close my luggage.:)

The baggage area where the checked luggage goes is pressurized and kept at reasonable temperatures - animals that are flown in crates are down there, and they do just fine, so your aerosols are fine too.

good to know. so the wife would be fine in the cargo hold.:rolleyes:;)