"I wish I had remembered..."

taylor316

What were some of your "I wish I had remembered to....." moments after boarding? We're taking our fourth cruise soon, but its been many years since the last sailing, and I kind of feel like a newbie again!

I wish I had remembered to put a bathing suit in my carryon.

Sticky notes and a highlighter. Sticky notes to leave a note on the mirror if the husband and I have gone our separate ways for part of the day. Highlighter for the Compass.

And on our last Allure cruise... ALOE VERA!!! I had plenty of sunscreen, but it was no match for the Mexican sun. I got a nasty, nasty burn and I had to pay over $14 for a teeny bottle of aloe from a store on board. Lesson learned!

Sticky notes and a highlighter. Sticky notes to leave a note on the mirror if the husband and I have gone our separate ways for part of the day. Highlighter for the Compass.

And on our last Allure cruise... ALOE VERA!!! I had plenty of sunscreen, but it was no match for the Mexican sun. I got a nasty, nasty burn and I had to pay over $14 for a teeny bottle of aloe from a store on board. Lesson learned!

I buy three packs of pens at STAPLES. They are a black rollerball in one end, highlighter on the other and also have a small compartment attached to the pocket clip which hold small Post It's.

Night light...Don't know if your traveling with children but I find the cabins very dark at night even though we always get a balcony cabin. We tried leaving the bathroom light on but the door of the bathroom banged all night very annoying...

I had pretty much everything! Even the note pad, I do love the idea of this two in one pen, didn't know about them but will have it next time!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Night light...Don't know if your traveling with children but I find the cabins very dark at night even though we always get a balcony cabin. We tried leaving the bathroom light on but the door of the bathroom banged all night very annoying...

We enjoy bringing a battery-operated candle for our stateroom. Whether you have an Interior or a Suite it adds a bit of atmosphere, as well as safety at night. ;)

Little eyeglass repair kit...when the lense/screw fell out of my sunglasses. :)

The tiny screw was lost from my glasses on a cruise, and Guest Services was able to replace it and repair my specs!

A nightlight is better, but did you try using a towel to keep the door from banging?

I never bring too much, and I never miss it, ;) but once I forgot cotton balls! and they don't sell them on board; had to use Kleenex, which then used up a lot more of the products than the cotton would have, and since I don't pack much:(

Also, one cruise I forgot a pen, actually didn't pack it cause I almost always got one in the cabin, then suddenly, they stopped offering them, and I was without a pen for a few days, till I convinced my cabin attendant to part with one! ;)

The night light is a good idea. However, I took a working night light on a Carnival Magic cruise last summer and it would not work in the bathroom. The problem was the bathroom light switch turned on both the light and receptacle.

There is usually only one receptacle at the table in the room, at least on Carnival ships. I always take a power strip with a surge protector and a couple of 10 ft light duty extension cords. Now everyone has plenty of power to charge all the electronics.

"I wish I had remembered to....."

A camera battery charger. :o

On my first cruise (around New Zealand) I took most of what I planned but forgot the camera battery charger. This was before the newer cameras were able to be charged using a USB cable. That was an expensive mistake, having to buy an aftermarket charger at the first Port of Call, or there wouldn't have been any photos after the first day.

Now I put phone/camera/etc cable type things in a zip-lock bag which makes it harder to forget.

The night light is a good idea. However, I took a working night light on a Carnival Magic cruise last summer and it would not work in the bathroom. The problem was the bathroom light switch turned on both the light and receptacle.

There is usually only one receptacle at the table in the room, at least on Carnival ships. I always take a power strip with a surge protector and a couple of 10 ft light duty extension cords. Now everyone has plenty of power to charge all the electronics.

If you got away with it, great - but I notice that extension cords are actually on the list of "prohibited items." :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

This is embarrassing but while waiting in line to catch the tour for the beach day at St Marten that I booked I went looking for my sunglasses in my bag and realized, I forgot my bathing suit. I had to run back to my room get my bathing suit and catch the tour for the Carnival Cruise Line to the beach we had booked, where I was met by my husband. Of course everybody felt free to comment on my mistake all day long.

Sharon I

I have a Travel Box which I keep under the bed. In it is the travel alarm, small zip loc bags with OTC meds in one, and highlighter, pen , post it pad, sewing kit, eyeglass repair kit, folding scissors, in another, travel umbrella, luggage tags, etc.

I just pull it out and take out what I usually take for a cruise. I also have plug converters and a curling iron I bought in Europe for when we used to travel overseas.

Makes packing a breeze. Only thing I really need to remember is to have fun!!