Speciality Dining on Allure Help!

We've been to Chops many times on other ships-any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks!

Giovanni's! Excellent Italian with a great atmosphere. Try and time it where they have live music in Central Park and get an outside table at the restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Allure has the nicest Chops so it might still be worth a visit. We also enjoyed dinner at Giovanni's, and tapas lunch at Vintages...Park Cafe and Windjammer lines were awful for embarkation lunch.

Was vintages open during embarkation lunch?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Giovannis and arrived 30 minutes early so we could listen to music being played in CP and have wine. The staff of Giovannis brought a huge plate of sliced meats out for us ahead of time as we sat outside. It was very nice. The food was quite good in the restaurant as well. Worth a shot.

I just made reservations for 5 evenings at different restaurants, we are a family of 7, 5 of us are booked under one group booking and my daughter and her bf are under another we were told they could not book all together, so they booked us a table of 5 and her a table for two but they claim we will have a table for seven...I go into my reservation is states table for 5 and hers table for 2 has anybody had this experience?

I have enjoyed dinner at Vintages. While technically a wine bar, they serve tapas for a nominal cost. Take a seat outside, order wine or a pitcher of Sangria, and select a variety of small plates to sample.

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

I viewed the deck plan for the Allure and I did not see Vintages. On what deck may I find this bar? Are they open for lunch on boarding day? Thank you.

Here's my feedback on the options:

Giovanni's Table: Very good Italian specialties in an upscale but casual atmosphere. As with virtually all cruises, the seafood options are mediocre at best as they are all frozen. But the rest of the menu has some real winners.

150 Central Park: My favorite dining option on RCI. Outstanding tasting menus in a fantastic, tranquil setting.

Izumi: Good, serviceable Asian offerings. I find the signature "hot rock" to be one of the more overrated dishes however. Sure, it's fun to cook it on the rock, but unseasoned, unmarinated steak or chicken with some sauces would be a really dull dish if it was served to you. The sale is in the show.

Samba Grill: A surprisingly good version of a churrascaria. Best enjoyed with a larger group. Best quality at busiest times as the meats are not standing around.

Chef's Table: A very good grand tasting experience. I enjoy meals like this when I have the chance on land. I thought this one was actually drawn out a little too long. Twenty plus minutes in between each course. After a while it felt like they were dragging it out just to boast about the grandeur of the experience by making it longer.

How about Samba grill? Does anyone have any reviews?

Samba was great but make sure you don't get carried away with appetizers otherwise you won't be able to try all the meats. It was my mistake the first time but not the second.

If you book the specialty restaurants ahead do you have to go ahead and pay the surcharge or will it be charged to your sea pass when you board?

Anything booked ahead is charged to a credit card at the time of booking. This is true for specialty restaurants, excursions, drink packages, spa treatments, and anything else for which their is a charge.

Just came off of Oasis, they have the same offerings since we have sailed Allure also. We book ahead of time since we want the times we want for the shows we want to see. However, once you get onboard if you have not prepaid you can buy the dinning package which will cost you less.

If you are not anal like me on times it is a great deal.

The Chefs table is a must! we so enjoyed the food and wine ( they provide a great glass of wine!). As for the length, what's the hurry! talk to the people and learn from those around you about where they are from. It s a social event. :D

Just came off of Oasis, they have the same offerings since we have sailed Allure also. We book ahead of time since we want the times we want for the shows we want to see. However, once you get onboard if you have not prepaid you can buy the dinning package which will cost you less.

If you are not anal like me on times it is a great deal.

The Chefs table is a must! we so enjoyed the food and wine ( they poor a great glass of wine!). As for the length, what;s the hurry! talk to the people and learn from those around you about where they are from. It s a social event. :D