Taxi from Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale Hotel

bartsplace

I will be disembarking the Emerald Princess at Port Everglades on March 29, 2014. My plans are to take a taxi back to the Holiday Inn Express where my car is parked. They provide a shuttle from the hotel to the ship but not from the ship. Does anyone have an estimate for taxi fares or know how I can get the rates? The distance is 5 miles.

Thanks

I will be disembarking the Emerald Princess at Port Everglades on March 29, 2014. My plans are to take a taxi back to the Holiday Inn Express where my car is parked. They provide a shuttle from the hotel to the ship but not from the ship. Does anyone have an estimate for taxi fares or know how I can get the rates? The distance is 5 miles.

Thanks

It was $11.70 from FLL to the cruise port last week so it should be similar.

Mike:)

We will be doing the same although not on that date. Are there plenty of taxis available at the port or do you have to book in advance? Thanks

You could not see the end of the taxis when we disembarked on Monday. Of course that was at 705.

The same shuttle service that the hotel uses to get you to the port will take you back. When you report in the morning at the hotel lobby there will be a rep from the company selling return vouchers. They are $10 per person, but the drivers are happy. [We have the same experience in Tampa with an unhappy driver. Tipped well and hoped he could get back in line quickly for an airport fare…] The Fort Lauderdale shuttles are very well run -- each van tows a trailer for the luggage. We were told to call their number for a pickup, but when we got off the ship there were vans waiting and we just hopped into one. They took us directly to our hotel, and there was only one other couple -- so the service was as good as a taxi would have been.

Ten dollars a person for a shuttle back to that hotel is robbery. And I wouldn't recommend walking especially with large bags. The port area is pretty darn congested with traffic in and out...depending on when you would disembark. Your choice of course.

If the cab driver grumbles, who cares? :rolleyes: Pay the $10-$12 and be dropped off at your car.

Ten dollars a person for a shuttle back to that hotel is robbery. And I wouldn't recommend walking especially with large bags. The port area is pretty darn congested with traffic in and out...depending on when you would disembark. Your choice of course.

If the cab driver grumbles, who cares? :rolleyes: Pay the $10-$12 and be dropped off at your car.

I've never had a cab driver grumble and I have taken them more than once from pier 2 to Publix/Total Wine which was a $6+ fare. I always gave them $10 each time and there were two of us in the taxi.

I've never had a cab driver grumble and I have taken them more than once from pier 2 to Publix/Total Wine which was a $6+ fare. I always gave them $10 each time and there were two of us in the taxi.

We had one grumble going from Pier 2 to the Hyatt Place, and he forcefully told us to look at the sticker on the window that stated that minimum fare was $10....it was not pleasant.

We had one grumble going from Pier 2 to the Hyatt Place, and he forcefully told us to look at the sticker on the window that stated that minimum fare was $10....it was not pleasant.

Sounds as though they are just as inconsistent as Princess.:D

• 3 weeks later...