Watch Brands on RCI

Kampfire

We will be sailing on Oasis of the Seas in a couple weeks. I like to shop the watches on the ships and like to look at prices beforehand to know if there's a deal to be had. I'm curious what watch brands are carried on Oasis of the Seas. We will be doing Eastern Caribbean with stops in Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Thomas. Thanks!

We will be sailing on Oasis of the Seas in a couple weeks. I like to shop the watches on the ships and like to look at prices beforehand to know if there's a deal to be had. I'm curious what watch brands are carried on Oasis of the Seas. We will be doing Eastern Caribbean with stops in Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Thomas. Thanks!

A huge selection of brands are on board.

-Tag Heuer

-Tissot

-Bulova

-Citizen

-Invicta

-Breitling

I want to say they also carried Rolex and Omega on board as well. Plus the cheap $10 watches they have. Make sure you check prices locally and if you find a few models you are interested in, write down the model number of the watch. Then wait for the watch sales on board and see if the prices match or are below what you found. Sometimes when they do the "sale" the prices are dropped to the normal retail price we see here locally in the states both in stores and online. However, sometimes there are some nice deals to be had. I got my Citizen for under $300 and it retailed, at the time, for almost $400.

Thanks for the replies everyone. On my last cruise on carnival I got a citizen that msrp'd for 875. My local jeweler had it for 650. I got it on the ship for 475. Plus you don't have to pay tax on board. So there are deals to be had. Just have to know your prices.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I've often wondered if the watches were a good deal on board or not. Are they?

It all really depends. You just have to do research prior to cruising and make sure you write down the model number(s) of the watch(es) you want. And wait for the watch sale on board when everything is anywhere from 20 to 70 percent off. That's your best bet at finding a watch at a decent deal. But as I said before, sometimes these sales only drop the price of the watch to the normal retail price for you in local stores. But since it says 40% off people rush and buy anything and everything because they assume they're getting a deal. Psychology is a wonderful game.

The last time that I bought a Citizen watch I got much better pricing on both St. Thomas and St. Maarten than what they wanted for it on the ship. Pricing on the islands is negotiable. It is not aboard ship.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Never seen a Hamilton or Omega on a ship. I haven't been on Oasis but Allure didn't have them.

-Tag Heuer

-Tissot

-Bulova

-Citizen

-Invicta

-Movado

-Lamborghini

-Casio G shock

Those are the brands that I remember besides a lot of others in the $10-$100 range. You will be able to get the same price(or better) as the ship on the islands but you will have to talk them down some.

The prices of the watches are not necessarily cheaper, usually prices on the internet are better. But we enjoy shopping on board and have bought many watches. However, the car maker, Lamborghini, makes watches that (to our knowledge) can only be purchased on cruise ships.

I have been buying Invicta on Royal ships. I have seen Citizen too. I know there are other brands I just have not pay attention to them but I am sure others on here have. :)

I got a $650.00 Invicta on sale on Freedom back in October for $375.00 :cool:

A couple of years ago, DS brought a Omega on the Oasis. The Omega and other high end watches usually go for 15% off retail and you don't pay sales tax. But you do have to declare the purchase with US Customs.

Do your research and pricing before you vacation. Also consider the authorized retailers that carry the watches you like.

Happy shopping and enjoy your cruise!

We shopped inventory on Indy. They said if we find it chaeper on St. Marteen they would match it as long as I brought back a business card from the jeweler with the price offered. Ended up buying a Tag Heuer in St. Marteen (Link series for $2700) with no taxes and then got another Tag Heuer on boad (Formula 1) for $375 less then what was priced on the island.

I did complete a customs form for my on board purchase but never was asked to pay taxes when I went through customs...anyone know why?

I've often wondered if the watches were a good deal on board or not. Are they?

The Citizen watches on board typically run right at MSRP. However, there usually is a time during the cruise that they will be on sale and then they can be up to 40% off MSRP and what I've found is that on Citizen the cruise ship typically gives 5% more than US based retailers are allowed to discount.

So yeah, you can get good prices on Citizens, just wait for when they go on sale.

Edited by tahqa

I checked the ships prices then went into Port and looked around and I couldn't believe it, but the ships price was better than the ports....so I bough tit on the ship. It was a TAG Chronograph.

Hello All...May I just jump in and try to point out a couple of things that many might, or, might not know.

Most of the watches that we all think we're getting so cheap on an RCCL ship are actually cheaper in most cases elsewhere, even if you have to pay sales tax.

I have over 125 Invicta watches, I can tell you without any hesitation, that almost every Invicta watch on the ship is more than what I've paid for the exact same watch on one of the shopping channels. On our most recent cruise, I brought 8 different Invicta watches with me, and, checked to see if the ship were selling the exact same models. Out of the 8 I brought, the ship had 5 of the same watches, and, all 5 were more than what I paid on the shopping channel. One in particular was $200 more on the ship.

I've seen other watch brands that are also less money on the this one shopping channel than on the ship. There is no way I would purchase a watch on the ship cause the ship shows the the exact Retail Price that is sky high, then, takes a percentage off, while the shopping channel already has these watches reduced, the, takes the about the same percentage off as the ship...thus, the shopping channel is cheaper almost all the time.

Whatever anyone decides, the rule of thumb is just be careful, and check out as many options for the same item as possible.