Repositioning cruises

dcruisers

I don't think choiceair flucuates like the major airlines do as you get closer to the sailing date. When I decide which transatlantic I want to take, if the price is right, I also check on air. I booked my 4th transatlantic and choiceair today, and the air didn't flucuate anymore than $30 since October. I've booked them all after final payment to get the great pricing. I'm watching the Equinox transatlantic for October but the price is too high. I'll just cool it untill September then scoop it up at a discounted price like the other ones, as I'm confident the air price won't soar.. If the price doesn't drop to my target price, I won't go.

This may sound like a silly question, but what do passengers do when there are multiple sea days? I enjoy relaxing as much as the next gal, but if the weather is too cool or windy to sit on the deck, what else is there to keep one occupied?

I have been reluctant to book a repositioning cruise for fear that with so many meal options available around the clock, I would likely need a new wardrobe by the time I disembark.

If the weather is too cool or windy (which I haven't found yet on either Fall or Spring TAs) then there are lots of places to sit...the Sky Lounge, the Solarium, various other venues and you can either read or, as I do, stare at the sea going by. But look at some of the Dailies people have posted....there are scads of activities.

Personally, I get fooded-out on about Day 3 so that's no problem...

N

This is a fantastic repo cruise! We just did it this past December. Great combination of sea days and port days, and the 3-day Machu Picchu excursion from Lima is amazing! Plus, the fares for t cruise were very reasonable for Aqua Class.

Michael

We, have booked this cruise for DEC 2014, and get one bit of the 123 promotion. Note that we have been told that the machu Picchu will not be offered.

I booked my 4th transatlantic and choiceair today, and the air didn't flucuate anymore than $30 since October. I've booked them all after final payment to get the great pricing.

Did you book on the Celebrity site? The prices shown on their website right now are not the reduced prices referenced as after final payment date.

This may sound like a silly question, but what do passengers do when there are multiple sea days? I enjoy relaxing as much as the next gal, but if the weather is too cool or windy to sit on the deck, what else is there to keep one occupied?

I have been reluctant to book a repositioning cruise for fear that with so many meal options available around the clock, I would likely need a new wardrobe by the time I disembark.

Sea days are the best! I can sit and stare at the ocean for hours, it's unbelievably relaxing. For us, the more sea days on a TA, the better.

On TAs, Celebrity has plenty of activities -- guest speakers, team trivia contests, cooking demos, bingo, etc. There have been times when I actually had scheduling conflicts!

As for the weather -- it was a bit chilly and rainy early in one of our crossings, but that did not stop us from enjoying time in a hot tub on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, or bundling up in a blanket on a lounger.

We love sea days.

..... and the best part comes when you remain on the ship for the next leg, continuing on around Cape Horn and up the east coast of South America to Buenos Aires.

Did the repo cruise in December 2009 on the Infinity. It was one of our best cruises. We saw Oasis of the Seas leave for her maiden voyage. She is in Fort Lauderdale today.

We did choice air. We flew from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale a couple days early and visited family and friends. Flew home from Santiago, Chile to Miami (Miami not a fun airport) to Philadelphia. It was 95 degrees in Chile while Philadelphia was getting 2 feet of snow.

Loved going through the Panama Canal. Where ever you decide will be a good choice. Enjoy!

Several additional thoughts.....

We did a northern repo...Chile to Ft. Lauderdale.

And one no one has mentioned....Vancouver to Alaska to San Diego....fantastic repo.

Before you book cruise air please, please go to the CRUISE AIR FORUM. There is a Sticky about the programs but there are also experienced travelers who can guide you. The basic issue with cruise air is control of your ticket. But whatever you do, make sure that you monitor your reservation and absolutely leave plenty of time between connections, especially in unfamiliar airports including European connections. Ask yourself what you would have been able to do yesterday in Frankfurt when the security staff held a one day strike...who would watch your back, any cruise line or the airline.

Several additional thoughts.....

We did a northern repo...Chile to Ft. Lauderdale.

And one no one has mentioned....Vancouver to Alaska to San Diego....fantastic repo.

Before you book cruise air please, please go to the CRUISE AIR FORUM. There is a Sticky about the programs but there are also experienced travelers who can guide you. The basic issue with cruise air is control of your ticket. But whatever you do, make sure that you monitor your reservation and absolutely leave plenty of time between connections, especially in unfamiliar airports including European connections. Ask yourself what you would have been able to do yesterday in Frankfurt when the security staff held a one day strike...who would watch your back, any cruise line or the airline.

Another Choice Air hater , choice air will help as much as the airlines will https://secure.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_choiceair

Not with X but we sailed out of San Juan on Adventure of the Seas last April for two weeks to Southampton. This had the benefit of lovely weather sailing round four islands in the caribbean and for our row of seas days till we got to the Azores when it cooled somewhat. As we are from the UK as soon as we boarded we were 'going home' and it was nice not to have a flight at the end of the cruise.

We looked at the Eclipse TA this April but it takes a much more northerly route moving further north everyday and the intiniary wasnt so good so we skipped it since with so many sea days we didnt want two weeks of cool weather. Also, no 123 Promo offer on the TA which helped make the decision.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app