I have 24 days on Carnival

sassy~one

Check your boarding pass, it will say if you are Gold on this cruise or not.

My mom has 17 days and we are going on a 7 day next summer. She is so bummed that she will be one day short of Gold!

That happened to me too! LOL glad it wasn't the only one :-) with this trip though, I am there.... For a long while :-)

Looks like most people already gave you a great answer: if you hit 25 days during your cruise then you will be gold for the cruise with all the privileges that includes (gold card, party, drinks, etc.). You can confirm this by looking at your boarding pass; current status on the Carnival page is irrelevant because that only gets updated after a cruise despite level privileges actually being applied during the cruise. I also turned gold during my last cruise and received the pin in my stateroom and attended the party (fabulous!).

If you go on the Carnival web site and login and to the VIFP Club it will list your status and how many days for each award level.

You are correct that you need 25 days or more, however, if you book a cruise and the total days of that cruise will put you over 25, you will be considered the next level at the beginning of cruise.

For example, I am Red, I have 19 days sailed with Carnival. I booked a 7 day cruise which gives me 26 days. I will be Gold for that cruise. My boarding passes say I am Gold level.

Every single time this question comes up, there are several completely WRONG replies.

If you are going to reach a new color level (blue, red, gold, platinum, diamond), during your next cruise, you are considered to be on that level from the moment you board the ship, and you're entitled to all of the benefits that apply.

Edited by larkz

Every single time this question comes up, there are several completely WRONG replies.

If you are going to reach a new color level (blue, red, gold, platinum, diamond), during your next cruise, you are considered to be on that level from the moment you board the ship, and you're entitled to all of the benefits that apply.

Several people said that before you did.