Booking under 25

ContingentSea

We have 6 cabins booked for our upcoming cruise, and a younger couple wants to join our group and book a cabin. They are 24 and 23 years old and when they tried to book a cabin, they were told one of them had to be at least 25 years old. How can we get them booked on board this cruise?

We have 6 cabins booked for our upcoming cruise, and a younger couple wants to join our group and book a cabin. They are 24 and 23 years old and when they tried to book a cabin, they were told one of them had to be at least 25 years old. How can we get them booked on board this cruise?

they only have to be 21 years old to book unless there is someone in the cabin under 21. then they need someone to be 25 or older.

EDIT:

Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Adult guests agree to be responsible at all times for the safety and behavior of their minor guests. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Get a new TA as they are uninformed. They are plenty old enough

Yes, you have to be 25 to book a cabin. Split up some of the adults on the trip for booking purposes then just go to Guest Services and switch the keys once you board.

I know it doesnt seem fair but think about all the partying that would go on if all 21 yo could book a cruise unsupervised. I know I wouldnt want to be on a ship full of drunk 21 year olds. I think it is to keep it more a family atmosphere and loose that party image.

Whoever they talked to was misinformed. As others have stated, if all parties are over 21, they can book a cabin.

If it was a carnival rep, call back and get a supervisor. If it was a TA, get a new one that knows the rules.

It is pretty sad when CC members know more then those getting paid to do a job.

Yes, you have to be 25 to book a cabin. Split up some of the adults on the trip for booking purposes then just go to Guest Services and switch the keys once you board.

I know it doesnt seem fair but think about all the partying that would go on if all 21 yo could book a cruise unsupervised. I know I wouldnt want to be on a ship full of drunk 21 year olds. I think it is to keep it more a family atmosphere and loose that party image.

Not correct

There does have to be one person age 25 or older in the cabin unless they are traveling with a parent or grandparent who agrees to be responsible for them. If that is not the case on your cruise, you can book each one of them in a cabin with an adult 25 or over and then change keys at the guest services desk once onboard. If the adults are all already booked, you would have to change their reservation to book each one of the under 25's in a cabin with an adult. Depending on the fare type booked and how far out sail date is, you could incur costs for changing the reservations. Other than that, your only option is to book them in an existing cabin with someone over 25 who is already booked. And then you might have to find a different cabin that accommodates 3 or 4 passengers.

Good luck.

Edited by winddawn

There does have to be one person age 25 or older in the cabin unless they are traveling with a parent or grandparent who agrees to be responsible for them. If that is not the case on your cruise, you can book each one of them in a cabin with an adult 25 or over and then change keys at the guest services desk once onboard. If the adults are all already booked, you would have to change their reservation to book each one of the under 25's in a cabin with an adult. Depending on the fare type booked and how far out sail date is, you could incur costs for changing the reservations. Other than that, your only option is to book them in an existing cabin with someone over 25 who is already booked. And then you might have to find a different cabin that accommodates 3 or 4 passengers.

Good luck.

Not true

Yeah same thing for me. I booked a cruise last year while I was 21 and my boyfriend turned 21 just before the cruise with no problems.

Just booked one for March with my mom and a friend (clearly of age) and my bestfriend who is only 20 so hoping switching room keys won't be too big of a problem when we get on board.

Good luck.

That's not true. My brother and his GF just went on a cruise in October. They were both 22. Booked themselves also.

Wrong

There does have to be one person age 25 or older in the cabin unless they are traveling with a parent or grandparent who agrees to be responsible for them.

Good luck.

Wrong

I dont understand why people are so sure about rules when they are wrong. The info is easily accessed on Carnivals site as posted above and people still say it is in correct.

My boyfriend and I took our first cruise when I was 21 and he was 23. No one cruised with us. IF you are under 21 THEN you must have someone 25 or older.

I was wrong about the young couples' ages. These are friends of my youngest DD who will be on the cruise with us. I didn't get the full scoop earlier The young man is 24 and his GF is only 20. That is why they won't let them book. Do you think Carnival will let them book under my group? If not, and my WW and I have to split up to get another cabin, do you think Guest Services will give us any trouble changing our S&S/Room keys? I don't want to do anything that would put our cruise in jeopardy. :confused:

If not, and my WW and I have to split up to get another cabin, do you think Guest Services will give us any trouble changing our S&S/Room keys? I don't want to do anything that would put our cruise in jeopardy. :confused:

They won't give you any trouble at all. It's done all the time.

Carnival does not care where anyone sleeps, only how it's booked.

I was wrong about the young couples' ages. These are friends of my youngest DD who will be on the cruise with us. I didn't get the full scoop earlier The young man is 24 and his GF is only 20. That is why they won't let them book. Do you think Carnival will let them book under my group? If not, and my WW and I have to split up to get another cabin, do you think Guest Services will give us any trouble changing our S&S/Room keys? I don't want to do anything that would put our cruise in jeopardy. :confused:
You'll be able to get them their own cabin, but will need to switch someone older in the cabin. No problem switching back after you're on

Taken straight from Carnival's FAQs:

How old do you have to be to travel alone? (Traveling with minors)

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

- The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

- The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

- Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

- Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

The couple can be booked in a stateroom together, you'll just need to cross-reference the cabin with an adult 25 or older who agrees to be her guardian for the cruise. This probably means that you should book the young couple's cabin and the guardian's cabin at the same time. However, according to Carnival's FAQs, the 25+ year old guardian does not actually have to be booked in the stateroom with the 20 year old.

Edited by LittleMissMagic