Cancelling before final payment, how quick is the refund

cmoose

You must be in America. If I cancelled before final payment I'd lose my deposit!

Yes, different rules in UK.

There are lots of different travel rules, both my the company and the government. If flights get cancelled due to weather, etc the airlines over there have to take care of you. Personally, I think that is wrong. But, it is what it is.

normally it takes no longer than a week, but they will say 2 weeks just to protect themselves from people calling back constantly in case it does take just a little over a week. Sometimes it is less than a week. I don't know what the rules are in UK. I noticed someone in Finland said it has to do with being a smart consumer. This may be true or it may simply be UK versus other countries.

About 10 days. I was surprised how fast it was. The money I used to from my debit card was refunded to my checking account and American Express sent me a check for the refund on their card. Charge cards may take a little longer because they have to send you a check.

Edited by david_sobe

They don't just refund the card when you use a credit card?

Credit cards and Charge cards are two different products. Using a Credit card will have you carry the debt and have an option to pay it off over time...A Charge card requires you to pay the balance in full at the end of your time period. I love my Platinum AMEX card for that reason...I'll be able to purchase anything due to no limits, but it will still require me to pay my balance in full at the end of the month.

You'll get a refund from using your Credit card onto your Credit card.

For a Charge card, you're most likely to get a paper-check mailed.

Edited by CTCruiser001