Bed Orientation, help me compile a list

sashas_mom

Is this for the Golden and the Emerald ships' date=' with the same cabin number? Or is it the Golden E424 (Emerald Deck)?

Thanks.[/quote']

I was referring to the Emerald deck on the Golden Princess, not the Emerald Princess. Sorry for the confusion.

See the info from Renmar as to which ships are alike, very helpful for something like this.

Exciting news. Renmar, who has the most incredible site to help us choose obstructed cabins, https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/ has kindly agreed to put the information I'm gathering as a link on his site. That's perfect, since so many of us visit his site and appreciate all his hard work in our behalf.

I hope more of you will take a moment and share your experience with us.

I am still wondering about this with respect to bed orientation in Oceanview and Obstructed Oceanview cabins.

A thought just came to mind. Why is this an "Obstructed Oceanview Cabin" thing? Wouldn't these bed options apply to regular Oceanview cabins as well?

Terry

A thought just came to mind. Why is this an "Obstructed Oceanview Cabin" thing? Wouldn't these bed options apply to regular Oceanview cabins as well?

Presumably any room with capability of 3 or 4 people via bunk beds is going to have the bed in front of the window configuration...isn't it?

I have only seen the pull out of the ceiling bunk beds in the past. Is it a certain ship designs that has the wall bunk beds or just certain rooms on ships that in other rooms have the ceiling bunk beds? Maybe rooms without enough clearance in the ceiling for the ceiling bunk beds.

Terry

I am still wondering about this with respect to bed orientation in Oceanview and Obstructed Oceanview cabins.

I think the reason that Sasha's Mom is asking for OV & OOV cabins is the fact that Balcony cabins don't have that issue and if I'm correct neither do the inside cabins. Inside cabins have the beds with the headboards towards the big mirror on the back wall. Balcony cabins will never have the beds in front of the doors.

In the OV & OOV cabins, when the bed configuration is Queen and in front of the window, access to the window is blocked. Any other configuration will give access to the window.

I hope this explains it a little

Theo

I was of the impression that this project was to determine bed orientation ONLY in Obstructed Ocean View cabins and it occurred to me that regular OV cabins (not just Obstructed) would likely have similar scenarios.

Now that we are going to be booking obstructed cabins I was wondering if some had the beds against the side wall as opposed to under the window. If you have been in an obstructed cabin and the beds were on the side wall' date=' please list the ship and cabin number .....

[/quote']

Maybe I misunderstood and this project IS covering all types of Ocean View cabins. I wasn't wondering about Inside or Balcony cabins.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector
Added quote from original post

Island Princess Plaza deck unobstructed view cabins -- under the window.

Sapphire & Diamond Princess Emerald deck obstructed view cabins -- under the window

FYI, I've found that with the bed under the window, the view is less important than noise. Cabins on either side of a fire door have a metal strip in the floor in the hallway and every time a cart or room service rolls over the strip, there's banging and rattling. After having E701 on the Sapphire in January, I had booked the same cabin for my March 1 cruise so when I got home, I immediately changed it. All I really need is light and can live without the rattling from the wee hours of the morning.

epana3yr.jpg

Oh dear, we have B502 on Emerald for a cruise this summer - does that mean we will be woken up early every morning? :(

I noticed the doors on either side of midship and asked whether they would be a problem, and was told they were always kept open, but I never thought to ask about a metal strip.

We are due to pay our balance this week, I wonder if I should try to change cabins?

Edit: Just looked and balcony cabins are sold out, so I guess we are stuck with it - will just have to drinks lots of alcohol and sleep through it!

Edited by nellydean

Emerald 612 on 2/20/14. OV obstructed, against the wall. Friends in 616, the same. I will have to go back and look up Emerald deck cabin numbers from Island Princess from 12/25/12, but they under the window.

Edited by baronessk

Edit: Just looked and balcony cabins are sold out, so I guess we are stuck with it - will just have to drinks lots of alcohol and sleep through it!
A suggestion is to put a towel to cover the air vent at the bottom of the door and the gap between the cabin door and the sill at night. That should help muffle the sound. If you look at the photo, you can see the air vent on the bottom of the door.

Ruby Princess P312, its a good job it was just the two of us, if the 2/3 beds were down it would be sore heads on a night time trip to the loo.

P312%20oceanview%20Oct%202013%20Ruby%20Princess.jpg

They were quite awkward to start with, having to stoop over the bed to get in, somehow we got used to it.

Edited by CCFC

Caribbean E625 bed against the wall. View was between two life boats so could see the ocean. Sailed 12/13. First time for us in an obs o/v so we didn't know what to expect. Pleasantly surprised. We are sailing again next week on a 4 day CA Coastal and have booked an interior just to see what that is like. Haven't received our cabin assignment yet so don't know if we will have interior or be upgraded, Either way is fine with us.

If anyone has ever stayed in an Oceanview cabin and the bed WASN'T under the window' date=' let me know.[/quote']

Spent 28 days on the Sapphire in the fall and saw lots of ocean view rooms with the beds against the wall, separated into twins as well as under the window. Looks like all three configurations are used. From my understanding they will rearrange the room if you want them to.