Bed Orientation, help me compile a list

sashas_mom

• 1 month later...

Some found this thread helpful. Do we have any new pictures or experiences from those of you who stayed in obstructed cabins? How were your beds oriented? Under the window or against the wall? Ship and cabin number would be appreciated.

Renmar did help me make a spreadsheet, now all I have to do is figure out how to share it with you. It's in Excel.

Thanks.

Some found this thread helpful. Do we have any new pictures or experiences from those of you who stayed in obstructed cabins? How were your beds oriented? Under the window or against the wall? Ship and cabin number would be appreciated.

Renmar did help me make a spreadsheet' date=' now all I have to do is figure out how to share it with you. It's in Excel.

Thanks.[/quote']

If you can convert Excel to Google docs (don't know if that is possible??)... once it is a spreadsheet in Google docs, you can "share" the address and give it public access. Then anyone with the address can view it.

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using Forums mobile app

Renmar did help me make a spreadsheet' date=' now all I have to do is figure out how to share it with you. It's in Excel.

Thanks.[/quote']

Crown Princess E418 and probably the block of mid ship OV cabins

BED AGAINST THE WALL :)

Thanks.[/quote']

Thanks for posting again...we recently had obstructed oceanview quad cabin E501 on the Golden. I would never want another quad cabin with the upper beds protruding out from the wall about 10" even when in the closed position. We had our queen bed separated into a twin configuration to minimize our chances of bumping our heads. With the beds against the window another benefit was being able to stand in front of the window and look out over the top of a large lifeboat.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 1 month later...

Thank you, that would be great. I was getting help with the spreadsheet from Renmar but he must be very busy. He was going to post a link to his site. If that doesn't happen soon, I will see what I can do.

Have a wonderful cruise.:)

Spent 28 days on the Sapphire in the fall and saw lots of ocean view rooms with the beds against the wall, separated into twins as well as under the window. Looks like all three configurations are used. From my understanding they will rearrange the room if you want them to.
You really can't change a room configured for beds against the window to beds against the wall. Light switches and power for the table lamps will be in the wrong locations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Wow, your timing was impeccable. I just clicked on this link to see if I could find out the bed orientation for E605 on the Golden!!! Thanks. :D

Cheers, Denise

Based on my experience & those of other passengers it appears that the quad obstructed OV cabins are under the window & the double occupancy cabins are against the wall. There may be some exceptions to this setup but it seems to apply to most cabins.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Based on my experience & those of other passengers it appears that the quad obstructed OV cabins are under the window & the double occupancy cabins are against the wall. There may be some exceptions to this setup but it seems to apply to most cabins.

Thanks! I think this is true of the Grand Class ships. I always like to see if I can find the cabin. In fact, I get to check it out on the Star in October.

Cheers, Denise

Would you mind taking a picture of the closet please. I've never had a small closet on a cruise, but I understand the Grand's closets are different.

Also, I was watching a video tour a passenger took on the Grand and there is an area with couches and tables outdoors in the shade, but I can't figure out where that would be? It doesn't look like the sanctuary. If you come across it, please let us know.

Thanks.

Would you mind taking a picture of the closet please. I've never had a small closet on a cruise' date=' but I understand the Grand's closets are different.

Also, I was watching a video tour a passenger took on the Grand and there is an area with couches and tables outdoors in the shade, but I can't figure out where that would be? It doesn't look like the sanctuary. If you come across it, please let us know.

Thanks.[/quote']I believe that is on the Sun deck (15) outside aft of the One5 and the Wedding Chapel. The area port side aft of the One5 is a smoking section.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the latest addition:). We are on the Grand in E 605 in November and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this picture.:):)
Wow! And I'm in E605 on the Grand in February. This is great! :) Take care of my cabin! Edited by Pam in CA

Hey! Whats the deal? :eek:

LOL. :D. For us the price was right for our Sydney to Los Angeles 50th anniversary cruise!! It also has a decent view between the lifeboats. Love that we will be on the Golden Princess for our Golden Anniversary.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

Would you mind taking a picture of the closet please. I've never had a small closet on a cruise' date=' but I understand the Grand's closets are different.

Thanks.[/quote']

My son is currently on the cruise on his honeymoon but I will send him a text once they are in port to ask him to take a pic of the closet for you :)