Holy Cow, these Kids Sail Free Prices are AMAZING!!

We called RC about this promotion (having just put a deposit down on Friday)... They said our cruise was eligible but we needed to have our agent switch it. Called our agent. She tried twice and was told both times our cruise wasn't eligible.

The website showed the pricing yesterday morning, but not yesterday afternoon.

Now it shows the free pricing for outsides on our cruise but not balconies.

I guess they limit it X number per category and awkwardly cut off the promo...

Even last night it was showing as "Kids sail free" under our exact cruise/date, but not once you clicked on the pricing page...

Cruise critic did it again--saved me money. I thought the new promo was just for kids, as I didn't read beyond the headline

But, read on CC post that any 3rd or 4th person sails free. So called, and have a savings of $346 on our December cruise for our 3rd person

Another "victim" of the disappearing special.

I called and We selected the room/ship/date and entered all of our information for the 5 of us (names/bdays) and then the special disappeared on her.

Ugghh...one and a half hours for nuthin' .

Another "victim" of the disappearing special.

I called and We selected the room/ship/date and entered all of our information for the 5 of us (names/bdays) and then the special disappeared on her.

Ugghh...one and a half hours for nuthin' .

Even though you were on the phone with the agent they didn't honor the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know if we lose the OBC if we try to do a price adjustment (or do we have to rebook for the KSF deal)? With the new promo, we'd save $270 for FOS 7 night western carib, 2 adults+child D1 room...

Anyone know if we lose the OBC if we try to do a price adjustment (or do we have to rebook for the KSF deal)? With the new promo, we'd save $270 for FOS 7 night western carib, 2 adults+child D1 room...

Depends, what specific OBC are you concerned aout losing?

Funny- full disclosure here:o I did book 2 cabins today....even though it is essentially the same price I paid last year! What the heck...it's miserably cold and snowy here and I had nothing else going on today:)

Question- I booked 2, D3 cabins. If D1 prices drop to the price I paid for my D3, will I be able to switch with no penalties?

Ugh, these prices aren't working out. I was trying to book Freedom on august 2 or 3( I forgot) but it isn't available with that offer. I'm currently booked on to Enchantment. I can get it about 200 lower through this deal. We are a family of five so options are limited. Any explanation as to why no deal on Freedom?

Edited by kwazi07

This whole KSF thing is just so crazy. All day the Allure Thanksgiving cruise was sold out except for balconies which were pricing without the sale at 5300-5800. Then about an hour ago they had all available balconies with the sale at 3100-3700. Now those same cabins are not on sale. What is going on?

Wow fast reply clarea! :)

OBC was from last month's "yourwow" code. I have a feeling it wouldn't carry over to the new promo.

I doubt it would carry over. These Royal promos usually have combinability restrictions.

This whole KSF thing is just so crazy. All day the Allure Thanksgiving cruise was sold out except for balconies which were pricing without the sale at 5300-5800. Then about an hour ago they had all available balconies with the sale at 3100-3700. Now those same cabins are not on sale. What is going on?

I think there is a certain number for each date. Maybe people cancel or they are replenishing.

Ugh, these prices aren't working out. I was trying to book Freedom on august 2 or 3( I forgot) but it isn't available with that offer. I'm currently booked on to Enchantment. I can get it about 200 lower through this deal. We are a family of five so options are limited. Any explanation as to why no deal on Freedom?

They are probably sold out. They said limited availability and some sailings sold out yesterday.

I think there is a certain number for each date. Maybe people cancel or they are replenishing.

I figured that those cabins had been cancelled, but why would they all of a sudden remove the sake if these cabins were set aside for the sale? Unless they figure the cruise is so popular that it's going to sell at the regular price. IDK but I'm so grateful I was able to book mine yesterday. Allure Thanksgiving for 4 for 2,334!!! I still can't believe it. November 22 not only is my 17th anniversary but my 1st anniversary of finishing treatment for breast cancer. We will have a lot to celebrate :-)

After 2+ hours on hold and another hour with the phone representative who was on hold with "resolutions" everything is set. They saw in their system that I booked at kids sail free and they said that their system switched it to "full fare" by mistake. They honored my original price. Props to Royal Caribbean for honoring their original price when they just as easily could have said "too bad".

I am so thrilled that our family of 4 will get to cruise on the Allure this Thansgiving!

We are in a similar boat. Placed a "courtesy hold" last night for an inside cabin for 4 during Thanksgiving week. The total including taxes and fees for the 4 of us was $2174.

When I logged into my RCCL account this afternoon to pay the deposit, the reservation showed the full fare for the 3rd and 4th passenger.

I have the screenshots from last night to prove that I booked for $2174. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what happens.

After 2+ hours on hold and another hour with the phone representative who was on hold with "resolutions" everything is set. They saw in their system that I booked at kids sail free and they said that their system switched it to "full fare" by mistake. They honored my original price. Props to Royal Caribbean for honoring their original price when they just as easily could have said "too bad".

I am so thrilled that our family of 4 will get to cruise on the Allure this Thansgiving!

That's awesome!!! So thrilled for both of us. I know it's going to be an awesome cruise!!!

It's always nice having 2 rooms. What would you be switching out of and in to? 2k is a lot of money.

I would actually be giving up a lot. I would save a couple grand but not only would I be moving from the allure to either the freedom or independence (can't remember), I would also be putting the 4 of us in the smallest cheapest room. So it isn't really an apples to apples comparison.

My agent emailed me awhile ago while they were doing balcony cabins and it would be the same price we are paying to get one balcony vs the two central park view rooms. No thanks. I'll take the two rooms on that deal.

Debbie

I wasn't very happy about wading through all those "supposedly" kids sail free cruises and then when I called to book it was no longer available. When NCL has kids sail free it is what it is, not "limited availability". Sorry RCI, you just lost my business.

Yesterday my sister booked a (Freedom, Tgiving week) balcony for 2 for $1972 (including prepaid gratuities and insurance). Mine was a balcony for 3 for $2654 (including prepaid gratuities and insurance). This morning we put a hold on my son's balcony for 4 (D1) for $3264 (including prepaid gratuities and insurance)....when we booked it in the afternoon the price had gone (back?) to $4500 for everything....yikes! After a long discussion and being on hold for a really long time, TA came back on and ended honoring $3264.

(Plus we all got a Johnny Rockets dining experience coupon)

Some commented on jacking prices on first two to make up for KSF, however, I don't think that happened in our case.

I wasn't very happy about wading through all those "supposedly" kids sail free cruises and then when I called to book it was no longer available. When NCL has kids sail free it is what it is, not "limited availability". Sorry RCI, you just lost my business.

I do agree with you about the way it was handled. It is a little shady in my opinion. I will still give Royal my business though as they are my favorite but I will say that when Disney offered kids sail free it was good as long as rooms were available. No putting it as an option on their website, showing as it still being an option but then when you go to book it isn't there. Keep it simple. After spending so much time on their website and the phone today it seems like even now the numbers are changing by the minute. One cruise was 2,100 when I looked an hour ago. Same cruise, same category then went to not even having the free deal then back to 2,400 for exact same category and date. Offer a deal or don't offer a deal.

Yay!!! I'm so glad they honored it. We'll see you on board :D!

I messed up and somehow didn't get the kids on my courtesy hold from last night for the Explorer. So sad, don't know how that happened but the promo is now gone for the sailing so I'm SOL.

Anyway, does anyone know if the holds release at exactly 24 hours or is it at midnight? Thinking there might be a lot of holds and I'm *hoping* I might be able to get in on one that someone lets go. Long shot, I know.

Edited by buckeyemommy16