Holy Cow, these Kids Sail Free Prices are AMAZING!!

I couldn't believe the prices. On Dec 14 on Freedom inside cabin with 4 will average to 384 per person and that includes taxes. That for week Eastern. It seems like too good of deal to pass up. I don't even know who would go with me and hubby because the college kids are not out by that time. And I know 4 adults in 1 cabin would be very tight. But for 384 a week I think I could deal with it. I priced the ocean balconies and good do that for 550 per person.

I just can't decide. Then we have to get there from Michigan.

Has anyone had 4 adults in an interior cabin? How bad was it?

I couldn't believe the prices. On Dec 14 on Freedom inside cabin with 4 will average to 384 per person and that includes taxes. That for week Eastern. It seems like too good of deal to pass up. I don't even know who would go with me and hubby because the college kids are not out by that time. And I know 4 adults in 1 cabin would be very tight. But for 384 a week I think I could deal with it. I priced the ocean balconies and good do that for 550 per person.

I just can't decide. Then we have to get there from Michigan.

We've done 3 for a girls' cruise with my mom and I. It was do-able. Not sure about 2 couples, though. That sort of creeps me out. . .

The last time I shared a cabin with 3 other adults, I was in college for Spring Break. Needless to say, it was the last time I did that. Even then, I felt I was getting a bit too old to be stuffed in a closet sized room with that many people.

Today, I wouldn't do it even if the cabin was completely free.

I just called my travel agent and we were able to get great savings on the Allure Sept. 21, 2014 sailing. I was booked at $2809 for an inside L category cabin, and got the new price of $2025. That is a savings of $784 for our cabin with two adults and two kids. As long as you are before final payment, you should get the lower prices. I am a very happy cruiser.:D

I just assumed it was for new bookings only, I did not even check on my Allure cruise. Did anyone else have any luck with a cruise already booked?

I just assumed it was for new bookings only, I did not even check on my Allure cruise. Did anyone else have any luck with a cruise already booked?

My TA is going to try on Monday and see if she can get it for our Thanksgiving Oasis cruise. We have cabins we really want to keep (connecting BW balconies at the aft with great views), so I don't want to try it myself--going to let her see if she can get away with releasing and rebooking immediately. By my calculations we'd save about $750-800, but we might lose the onboard booking credit, so we'll see if it'd be worthwhile or not.

:( It appears that Australia isn't getting this promotion. Why oh why do Royal Caribbean think us Aussies aren't worth as much as you Americans? :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, I had been looking at a Freedom sailing and Oasis sailing the last week before school starts back up. Unfortunately even though the Oasis sailing was on the list, the pricing wasn't right.

But I ended up booking a JS on Freedom for the 4 of us for $3598 (plus tax). When I had been looking at prices a week ago, the JS was $6096 and a Balcony (whatever the top balcony category is) was $4376.

So this was a no-brainer for us at these prices.

I was able to modify my May 18th cruise on FOS. Dropped my D1 balcony by 240. I lose the OBC I originally had, but it comes out to a net savings of $84. Not much, but $84 is $84. But there are great opportunities to upgrade right now if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

This sale (and the last one) are really bumming me out because Baltimore is excluded. Like a PP said, I was told on the phone by Royal Caribbean rep that Grandeur is having no problem selling. Ugh. Everybody else is getting a $50 pp deposit and I was stuck making a $250 deposit pp. No fair. (We booked Grandeur for Thanksgiving 2014 last night.)

I'm tempted to poke around and see what this offer would give us on an alternative trip this year but we really wanted to avoid airfare since we did a "big" trip in Feb this year already. BOO.

Don't think about putting anything on hold and getting this deal!

I had a cabin on hold with the promo and price but when I called 5 hours later I was told it had sold out!!! So the price went up over $700 :eek:

I was on the phone for an hour and the rep and his supervisor tried to apply it but couldn't. So I kindly told them to release the hold as I would not be purchasing that cruise :mad:

:( It appears that Australia isn't getting this promotion. Why oh why do Royal Caribbean think us Aussies aren't worth as much as you Americans? :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Book through a US travel agent instead of RCI Australia or an Australian agent. We have been doing to the last 2 years and had no problems getting promotions like this, price drops etc

The rates are so good I'm thinking about cancelling our Christmas trip on the Quantum and rebooking the Allure in early Dec. We were going to do the Allure in fall 2015, but this would save us.

I can't recall seeing the KSF promo offered like this recently. I'm trying to convince hubby that we can always book the QOS once it is not "new" or the following the year.

The August 9 Explorer sailing had crap availability. They didn't have any more inside-to-oceanview upgrades, or any more oceanview-to-balcony upgrades. The best they could do was $3397 for the four of us for a D1 balcony, which for a 5-night sailing didn't impress me much. Looks like the kids will go to camp that week after all!

The problem with the Bermuda 5 night is that it's $178pp just for taxes and fees. That's a decent price for that itinerary.

Edited by marci22

Just booked a last minute short (4 night) cruise on the Enchantment for August. I'm a teacher so my dates are limited. Got a JS for 4 of us for 1650....can't beat it. I've always been a balcony snob but never jumped to a JS. We are bringing our daughter and granddaughter as birthday presents. Two cruises in one year for us...very unusual but can't wait.

The problem with the Bermuda 5 night is that it's $178pp just for taxes and fees. That's a decent price for that itinerary.

Not compared to some of the other serious deals out there though. I could take my kids on the explorer 9 night in October in a junior suite for under 3k! Now THAT is a deal. But I'd have to be willing to pull the older 2 out of school for a week, which I don't think is wise, especially since we"ll be taking them out for a couple of extra days during thanksgiving week for our Oasis sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What a nightmare this sale is. We went to book Allure for Thanksgiving with our TA and while she's booking the cabins it sells out right before she booked the last cabin in our group. So 4 of us are booked but my friends are not :-(. Then I found one room on the site and put a hold on it. When they tried to book it online it kicked them off and they lost the discount. The same thing happened to my sister, but after being on hold for more than an hour she got through and confirmed it with an agent. However, I don't know if they are going to honor the hold that my friends had. They are on hold now. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums