Holy Cow, these Kids Sail Free Prices are AMAZING!!

Even though you were on the phone with the agent they didn't honor the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, two managers and just an "I'm sorry" speech was the result.

The "deal" was still more than I thought it would be - 5 in a family ov Aug 10th on Allure for $4800. It surely doesn't sound as super as some of the other deals I'm seeing on this thread.

I do agree with you about the way it was handled. It is a little shady in my opinion. I will still give Royal my business though as they are my favorite but I will say that when Disney offered kids sail free it was good as long as rooms were available. No putting it as an option on their website, showing as it still being an option but then when you go to book it isn't there. Keep it simple. After spending so much time on their website and the phone today it seems like even now the numbers are changing by the minute. One cruise was 2,100 when I looked an hour ago. Same cruise, same category then went to not even having the free deal then back to 2,400 for exact same category and date. Offer a deal or don't offer a deal.

Maybe next time they'll call it the "Some kids sail free" promotion. ;-)

So excited we got the deal on the Indy over Thanksgiving 3/4 were $899 a piece for a D1 but with the promotion FREE

We had already booked the Vision for Thanksgiving when the promo came out.

We we able to switch from 2 inside cabins on the Vision for 7 days days to 1 balcony on the Indy for 8 days for only $500 more. Our kids love the Freedom class ships and so do we :D:D

THANK YOU RCI!!

So excited we got the deal on the Indy over Thanksgiving 3/4 were $899 a piece for a D1 but with the promotion FREE

We we able to switch from 2 inside cabins on the Vision for 7 days days to 1 balcony on the Indy for 8 days for only $500 more. Our kids love the Freedom class ships and so do we :D:D

THANK YOU RCI!!

I agree. I'm pretty surprised that the Indy still has the promotion on thanksgiving available. I put one of their rooms on hold yesterday when considering switching from the Allure to save some money. Plus it is the 8 night trip, correct?

Debbie

I have not found an easy way to search and it seems to me like the info is changing regularly. I can say that the Freedom class ships as well as Navigator of the seas all still seem to be honoring the 3rd and 4th passenger sail free over thanksgiving, while the Allure and Oasis do not seem to be honoring it at this time or most of the summer times they still show.

Even on the Navigator some of their summer sailings are honoring it and some are not, but I cannot believe they still have thanksgiving specials. This kills me because I went on the Navigator last year for spring break and I live an hour away from Galveston yet I drove to New Orleans to get on the NOS. Then this year we have the Allure booked for Thanksgiving yet the NOS would be so cheap and easy for us.

Oh... If I could only tell the future.

Debbie

I agree. I'm pretty surprised that the Indy still has the promotion on thanksgiving available. I put one of their rooms on hold yesterday when considering switching from the Allure to save some money. Plus it is the 8 night trip, correct?

Debbie

Yes, it is an 8 night Sat to Sun over Thanksgiving week. There were still rooms available this morning with the 3/4 free :eek::D.

THANK YOU RCI!!

We booked this too! I was overjoyed as it was looking like we weren't going to be able to do a balcony (which is more or less essential to us with a 1-year old and 3-year old who need naps and decent bedtimes), and now we have a balcony over thanksgiving on Indy for not that much more than the insides on non-holiday weeks I was looking at :-).

I now have three cruises booked. Two for this year and one for next year. I was able to switch out the two E category balconies we had booked for July on FOS to one D1 balcony with kids sail free promo. Saved $1600 by doing this and we'll manage with the one cabin. I was debating booking a cruise over Thanksgiving week. I would have to pull my teenage son out of school for the first three days of the week. DD is in elementary school and she has Thanksgiving week off. Checked prices and saw the Liberty of the Seas on a 5 days Bahama cruise had 3rd/4th passenger free. Got it booked for $1500 and some change for quad occupancy in a D1 cabin. Figured I can cancel later if needed but to try to book it later with these prices may be difficult. Still debating it since I hate pulling DS out of school. He is a junior in HS and college applications are around the corner. What to do?? What to do?? What would you do??

I now have three cruises booked. Two for this year and one for next year. I was able to switch out the two E category balconies we had booked for July on FOS to one D1 balcony with kids sail free promo. Saved $1600 by doing this and we'll manage with the one cabin. I was debating booking a cruise over Thanksgiving week. I would have to pull my teenage son out of school for the first three days of the week. DD is in elementary school and she has Thanksgiving week off. Checked prices and saw the Liberty of the Seas on a 5 days Bahama cruise had 3rd/4th passenger free. Got it booked for $1500 and some change for quad occupancy in a D1 cabin. Figured I can cancel later if needed but to try to book it later with these prices may be difficult. Still debating it since I hate pulling DS out of school. He is a junior in HS and college applications are around the corner. What to do?? What to do?? What would you do??

We booked the 4 night cruise on Liberty that leaves Thanksgiving Day (11/27), that way our son (17) only misses 1 day of school (the Monday afterward).

Those of you disappointed with finding a deal that works for you through RCL - and you aren't married to RCL (will look at other lines) - Norweigan CL also has a kids free deal.

I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but Allure family ov was going to be $4800 for 5 of us and instead I just put a hold on a Getaway family ov for $2500.

Here's hoping we all get good deals that work for us!

I searched several cruises on the RCL website that specifically stated that the KSF offer was available just to find out that it was not. Very annoying and a waste of time...

This whole experience has been annoying. We are still waiting to see if RCL is going to honor the sale price for our friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still debating it since I hate pulling DS out of school. He is a junior in HS and college applications are around the corner. What to do?? What to do?? What would you do??

I would not pull him out of school for 3 days as a junior or senior. Junior year was the hardest all around for my 3 sons. They didn't even want to miss that much school because it is so hard to catch up again.

As a senior, it will be very chaotic around that time of year because many early applications are due by Dec 1 and the rest by Jan 1st. You will be yelling at him to write his application essays that week. It's hard to do everything at the last minute; he will be chasing down teachers and guidance counselors to make sure all of his information is in on time.

Edited by marci22

We booked the 4 night cruise on Liberty that leaves Thanksgiving Day (11/27), that way our son (17) only misses 1 day of school (the Monday afterward).

Did you book this today?

The 3rd and 4th don't come up as free for me.

So, I checked a couple times yesterday just to see if the promo fairy would visit my ship again. And just around 5 pm, the kids free pricing showed up on the website.

I immediately called my TA who had checked a couple times as well. This time, she was able to get one room changed. An hour later she was able to get the other room changed. Said it was purely capacity controlled. So, I guess it all depends on if or when earlier holds (from when the deal was first announced) were being canceled/released.

Nonetheless, still saved around 2500 net after losing obc...

Hi, can anyone throw some light on this deal to a UK based cruiser. I can't see any sign of the promotion on the UK web site over here - is it certain cruises, categories of cabins, etc? Anyone any idea how I can find out more?

I booked it on Saturday. I saw early today that it was still listed on the promo page, but I just looked as well and am also seeing that the 3rd and 4th are no longer showing $0.

Sorry!

We're on the same cruise Liberty leaving Thanksgiving day, booked last week. Just got 3rd person FREE, it's up today!!! Theycancelled and rebooked us in the same room, everything stayed the same, lost $25 on board credit but saved $254!!!

I finally bit the bullet and booked a cruise today. I called for the Kids Sail Free promotion on the Oasis for Nov. 29. It WAS available. However, we found it was $300 cheaper than that to book a resident rate!! So I got a Boardwalk Balcony (9725) for $2864.12 including tax and fees! I'm really excited.

Maggie

Our deal with KSF is almost too good to be true....but thankfully it is! We were already booked on a July sailing of the Adventure for the Mediterranean. We had booked 2 rooms, one interior for 3 and one aft balcony for 3.

I was on hold for over an hour and a half but it paid off royally. We saved over TWO THOUSAND dollars on our aft balcony! I was excited enough at that, but she checked on our interior room and we got moved to a BALCONY room AND SAVED almost $700 on that room! I never, ever heard of something that amazing. Not to mention, it is an aft balcony and is right next to our original balcony!!!

I seriously felt like I hit the lottery with this. I am so, so glad I called. I almost didn't!