Freedom of the Seas - "top" points you liked

Have fun on Freedom! She's a wonderful ship.

Visit Johnny Rockets early. We went late in the cruise, which was too bad. Food was good, they had a great & fun wait staff with fabulous outdoor seating. It was so good we wished we'd gone twice.

Silent disco was awesome. Go, have fun!!!

Mini golf! Just be prepared to not take the game too seriously. Which is next to impossible when the wind is so bad that it's pushing your ball all over the putt putt course. Windy balls was great fun. :)

Cantiveliered hot tubs were my favorite escape on the ship. Truly relaxing.

Edited by Lost_in_BC

What is the silent disco about? I know about silence, and disco, but this?

The dancers wear headphones to hear the music. There are also two different music channels, so the dancers are dancing (and singing) to different tunes. Funny to watch in the silence.

Edited by clarea

I had convinced myself before boarding that I would NOT like the Royal Promenade. I was NOT interested in what people call "The Mall at Sea". I would NOT be frequenting there much at all.

Boy was I wrong! It wound up being one of my favorite places on the whole ship! :eek: And other than the Captains Party and the food and beverage display they do on the last sea day, it wasnt crowded much at all. I watched the parade from my PR cabin so I didnt have to fight the crowd then.

I really enjoy the outside of deck 4 at night too. Its like one giant balcony and no one is hardly ever out there. A great place to enjoy a drink and listen to the waves crash on the side of the ship.

I really enjoy the outside of deck 4 at night too. Its like one giant balcony and no one is hardly ever out there. A great place to enjoy a drink and listen to the waves crash on the side of the ship.

That's a great spot.

The dancers wear headphones to hear the music. There are also two different music channels, so the dancers are dancing (and singing) to different tunes. Funny to watch in the silence.

Have to see this! That is hilarious!

My family of 5 did manage to eat in the Windjammer after arriving on the ship. The hardest part was finding a table. It was impossible. I noticed a line with a velvet rope and saw waiters helping people get a table. As soon as we went to the rope, they found us a table. We were relieved and had a pleasant lunch.

Our trick perfected after years of cruising is to grab an outside table and bring food back. There are tables in the H2O zone by the juice bar that stayed unoccupied until almost 3pm. Short walk to buffet. We took shifts so someone was always at table.

Also if you just want to eat and aren't fussy just find a station with no line. You don't have to wait on the whole huge line unless you want to try and/or see every item.

We love FOS, we went for the first time and are going again soon. My boys really loved it also and are much more excited this year then they've ever been about a cruise, although it may have more to do with being older.

I've been lucky enough to have sailed 8 different ships and FOS is my favorite.

I love the Royal Promenade because it's so open. Most ships feel pretty stuffy and confined to me inside, except in the atrium. Well the RP is like one huge atrium. Very nice! Also helped kids to navigate to the cabin, one they were on the correct deck they could look out over the atrium and know which way to go to get to cabin. We all really liked (I'd say loved but I'm overusing the word) Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade. It's very nice to have a place beside buffet to get a snack or light meal. Boys adored hanging out at Sorrento's. My younger discovered the chocolate mousse there and had at least one every day. They also liked the soft-serve by the pool. I also love the outside promenade that goes all the way around including the bow. I've had that on other ships also but some have no promenade at all. Great to walk off dinner, look at stars, or find a comfy lounger for a read. I like the different pool areas, one with a big screen, one quiet, adult-only, and one for kids. You can pick based on your mood at the time. The cantilevered hot tubs are very nice. Crew and food top-notch. Entertainment great, although it's the same shows as last year so I won't being seeing as much this time. We loved Labadee and the itinerary in general.

Overall you can't go wrong with the FOS. We can't wait to go again! Not long now.

Can you tell I like the FOS?

Went on freedom last year. Had a great time. Stayed in a promenade view inside cabin. The ship was in great shape, the service was great. This won't appeal to everyone, but I had an awesome time at the Connoisseur Club on deck five forward each night having a couple scotches and a nice cigar. You'll love Freedom.

We are returning to fos in September. We have been on her 3 other times and love her. The staff are always friendly, it's our favorite ship, we love the cantilever whirlpool, the adult only pool, sitting in the olive or twist on deck 14 watching over the pool area and the world go by! And how the kids are treated by the staff is awesome. You will love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Besides everything already mentioned, I enjoyed the day that Mom and Dad just wanted to relax (we were exhausted) while our teenagers were on the almost-empty flowrider. In our room, flipping through the channels on TV, we discovered that we could relax in our room and still watch them wipe out on TV!

Hi Blambky,

Is the helipad always open?

occasionally closed at night when seas are rough but usually open. I think it was only closed once last year on our trip.

Besides everything already mentioned, I enjoyed the day that Mom and Dad just wanted to relax (we were exhausted) while our teenagers were on the almost-empty flowrider. In our room, flipping through the channels on TV, we discovered that we could relax in our room and still watch them wipe out on TV!

That is really funny :) Great idea too!

We were on the Freedom last week. It is beautiful. Here are my highlights:

Sorrentos pizza, biscotti and desserts - yummy!

If you have your time dining ask for Madan, he's amazing (only in Galileo's)

flowrider is so cool

rock climbing is fun

the scavenger hunts and trivia are fun

loved sitting around the pool in the solarium but get chairs early!

eat the key lime pie

the skating show is well worth it but book ahead

evening shows are great

check out the promenade often, stuff is always going on

catch the parade and like others said go early and sit at a pub

when you get tired of the windjammer after day 3 eat in the dining room. Breakfast is good and lunch is awesome in the dining room

- Aft balcony rooms, the perfect place to relax

- Miso soup for breakfast in Windjammer

- Tutti salad for lunch in the MDR

- Relaxing by the adult pool

- Sandwiches from the Promenade Cafe

- Good island stops with a variety of activities

- Good service throughout the ship

- Olive and Twist -- best place to get a drink and a view

- The ice show

- Simply walking around the ship with my hubby

Roast Beef sandwiches at Café Promenade on Friday are the bomb

Have them toss pizza back in oven for 2 or 3 minutes makes it palatable

Be on the lookout for real chocolate chip cookies, not sugar free

Woo Woo's at sailaway

Have fun, been there done that

Edited by John&LaLa
add cafe

The beds are so amazing!! You can feel the ship rocking while standing but when you laid on those mattresses, it was like magic!..no rocking sensation (just slightly). It was very quiet on our deck (10 forward). Housekeeping was not 'over working' the rooms like we've experienced on other cruise lines yet they were always clean and tidy!

One thing that was utterly upsetting was that if you didn't grab a pool chair by 8 or so in the morning, you weren't getting one! Even though there are signs saying you can't save seats, and there are DeckPatrol workers, there were rows and rows of empty chairs (as in No People sitting in them) with towels laid on them....being SAVED!...as folks went and grabbed breakfast, shopped, had coffee and God knows what ! On both sea days, my husband and I observed the amount of time that passed before we saw an actual person arrive to sit in their seats that they saved and it was NEVER sooner than an hour!!...some never returned at all! I felt sad as I watched moms of children and elderly folks come out on deck with their families and belongings looking around desperately for at least ONE vacant chair to use only to see every one of them with towels laying on them! It honestly was the most disappointing part of our cruise! I wish the deck patrols would enforce the 30min rule that they have posted on the signs! The behavior would be corrected quick!

Other than that the cruise was amazing!! The ship is unbelievable!

Call ahead to verify...but on our sailing they offered no ice skating. Only Ice Shows (which are excellent!!). I had one sad little girl when we had to tell her they were not allowing skating. We were told it was closed for maintenance..even though during the IceShow, I couldn't see any problems? Just not sure what to make of it?? Oh! And they did have an hour on the last day that they allowed the teens to skate?? I asked Please can my daughter skate if not many teens participate ? (My DD is 10 1/2)....they said Nope! :(

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

I haven't added it to my 'signature' until now but we just got off Freedom this morning. First Royal Caribbean cruise for us!

TOP Must see/do:

*Ice Skate Show!!!

*Treats, sandwiches, pizza and snacks on Deck 5 Royal Promenade

*Afternoon and evening movies on Big Screen TV on main pool deck

*Showers in the spacious stalls located in gym locker rooms (they're very clean and have awesome towels to use as well!) Very Convenient!!!!!!!!

*Oreo Sundaes in Johnny Rockets!! (It's included in your cover charge). In fact we ate at Johnny Rockets 3x and its unlimited food, appetizers and desserts ...this food is not a 'knock-off' version, it's the real Johnny Rockets delicious food!! Must eat there! The staff was the friendliest on the whole ship (we thought)

*At least once you MUST see acoustic guitarist Maneolito Martin!! He's simply AMAZING!!! He tells the story of each composed piece before playing. I won't tell more...just go see him and report back. You won't be disappointed!

Royal~Freedom of the Seas 3-2-14

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

. . . I really enjoy the outside of deck 4 at night too. Its like one giant balcony and no one is hardly ever out there. A great place to enjoy a drink and listen to the waves crash on the side of the ship.

That's a great spot.

From our two weeks on Independence, I like the outside promenade deck as well. There is one particular place that is unique to the Freedom class. The promenade deck bows out around the windows of the MR creating an area that is out in the wind and occasionally the spray. If you want to "connect with the sea" this is the place. It is a great place for seagazing any time and on a clear night, the stars and moon should be magnificent.

Here is a picture of the area I am talking about [taken from the covered area]:

DSC00295_zpsf9186c83.jpg

How crowded or uncrowded will Johnny Rockets be, when the Freedom is in CocoCay? We're scheduled into Coco along with the Grandeur. It seems to me that eating at Johnny Rockets would be less frantic than trying to eat at the buffet on shore with several thousand other cruisers.