Port Everglades to FLL for early flight

illiniwahoo

Our flight is at 10:40 on Sunday April 13. We are getting off the Silhouette at Port Everglades.

We will definitely do the self-disembark to be among the first off the ship. What's the best way to the airport? I've read some reports about long taxi lines. I contacted Larry's limos for a private SUV transfer, but it's $100 for 4 people, which seems really excessive since taxis are $20!

Is the taxi problem widespread? Every time I've gotten off, I've walked right to a taxi, but have never done self-disembark before, so the timing has been later in the morning.

If you recommend a reserved ride service, any recommendations?

Take a cab. :) The line moves quickly. Cabs are lined up and because it's such a quick ride to the airport, they just keep making the roundtrip.

For four tho, you will probably need an SUV to have room for bags. So the wait might be 15 min. Definitely no need for private car service.

We have never waited for a cab more than that. ( Which I don't think is unreasonable.)

The taxi line won't be long if you are using the "carry off your luggage" method. There won't be many people needing a taxi then.

Just did this Friday. We were in the first 10 people to hit the taxi line. No problem, and the fare was $14.50 before tip.

We did early walk off on the Eclipse a few weeks ago. We were off the ship by 7:30 am, no line for cabs. We got one right away. We were at FLL before 8 am.

That's great to hear! What time did you get in line on the ship? What time did they advertise that you should start lining up?

They said to meet in dining room at 7:30, but we were ready and went down about 7:10. There was already a line, and they started letting us off the ship at about 7:20. Went very fast and thru customs to the cab in a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking at the possibility of a 10:55 flight out of FLL after returning from Vision of the Seas at Port Everglades. What does everybody think: Is that too tight (time wise) for this particular port? I know that other Florida ports we have been in seem to get in and going sooner than others- For example- I would NEVER try to flight before 2 pm in New Orleans! :-)

Thanks!

I am looking at the possibility of a 10:55 flight out of FLL after returning from Vision of the Seas at Port Everglades.

Thanks!

No problem at all. We have taken that time flight out often. And never carry our bags off. You want to be at the airport by 9:30. You will be given a time around 8:30 to disembark if you put down 11:00 for your flight (when you have to fill out the disembarking info sheets.) You'll be at the airport by 9.

Edited by eandj

From where the Silly ties up there is a fair amount of walking involved to the customs hall and from there to the head of the taxi line, however if you are early off the ship this should not be a huge problem as PE to FLL is hardly 10 mins. We have been twiddling our thumbs in the gate at FLL before 0900 waiting for a 1120 flight.

I am looking at the possibility of a 10:55 flight out of FLL after returning from Vision of the Seas at Port Everglades. What does everybody think: Is that too tight (time wise) for this particular port? I know that other Florida ports we have been in seem to get in and going sooner than others- For example- I would NEVER try to flight before 2 pm in New Orleans! :-)

Thanks!

You will make it without a problem assuming everything goes fine with arrival time and customs and immigration. But if things go wrong then you will have a problem. I do not like to worry about these things during a cruise so I do not go with a flight at this time but others do. In the end it all depends on whether or. It you want any stress and how you deal with it.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

It may depend on how many ships are in port that day. On March 9th, 2014 there were 9 ships in port and we stood in the taxi line for about an hour!

What time did you get off the ship?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We've got a party of 12 ... how many people per taxi? I'm hoping some of the "taxies" are the van-type so we can get 2. Also note, that it's a five-day cruise, so we're figuring on one bag each, and most of them will be carry-on size.

Frankly I've been wondering if a private service would be a better option with a party that large.

We've got a party of 12 ... how many people per taxi? I'm hoping some of the "taxies" are the van-type so we can get 2. Also note, that it's a five-day cruise, so we're figuring on one bag each, and most of them will be carry-on size.

Frankly I've been wondering if a private service would be a better option with a party that large.

I would plan on 3 per taxi. If a van taxi or two are available, that will change the equation.

Even with a mini-van or SUV you are not likely going to be allowed to put more than 4 or 5 in the cab. The mini-vans we have used are set up for wheelchairs so they don't have the 3rd seat.

• 3 weeks later...

We are arriving off the Allure on April 27th and have a 9:00 flight out of FLL (yes- I know it is risky!). Should I arrange for a shuttle bc of the time crunch? Was on the Liberty in January and we had to wait over an hour for a taxi bc there were so many ships in port. Reliable shuttle suggestions also appreciated.

We are arriving off the Allure on April 27th and have a 9:00 flight out of FLL (yes- I know it is risky!). Should I arrange for a shuttle bc of the time crunch? Was on the Liberty in January and we had to wait over an hour for a taxi bc there were so many ships in port. Reliable shuttle suggestions also appreciated.

Take a taxi. Yes the lines can backup when you are trying to get off with the rush of people . . . but with a 9 a.m. flight, you best be one of the first 100 people off the ship and you'll beat the long lines for a cab.

9 a.m. shouldn't be a problem, but definitely a adrenaline rush that morning.

That's crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Liberty yesterday ... We did self-disembark. We were in line and snaking our way through the lounges before 7:30, got to customs by 8:30. Outside by 8:40 and headed for the taxi line. We told the guy 12 people and we wanted SUV's. Apparently that size group is rare in the taxi line. He just started laughing and didn't seem to be able to stop. So I just walked past him to the two SUV's I saw and announced we had 12 and we would be using him and the guy behind him. For under $20 per taxi (including tips) we were at the airport by 9.

Mind you, the pre-cruise hotel had offered to arrange the post-cruise shuttle ($10/ea) and the shuttle guy I paused at briefly outside of the terminal offered $11/ea. I told him "That's pretty steep. Even if we have to put three people in each cab, I'll bet it's less than $33 per cab." He didn't bother to attempt to refute me.