Comfortable and cute sandals - do they exist?

TOMS have new sandals that are adorable and very comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't wear Tom's......I know they sell billions of them but I prefer

bare feet to wearing them:eek:.....they are soooooo flat and really

feels weird (to me anyway). I am not a "high heeled gal" but Bob's

are just too flat for me.

Are the sandals different that the regular shoes?

They have 2 new styles of the TOMS sandal- they also have wedge sandals. I got a pair of the new t-strap one and they have a lot of cushion IMO, but I can wear TOMS all day, every day. I find them more comfortable than sneakers but know they feel different on other people.

I actually have 33 pair of TOMS lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have short, wide, flat feet. So finding comfortable shoes has always been a challenge. So challenging that buying online is extremely frustrating and I won't even try it anymore.

I finally found a local shoe store that specializes in comfortable shoes. My store is in Anchorage and called The Alaska Walking Store. I suggest you look for a good shoe store in your home town and try some shoes on.

Look for a store that sells Keen, Merrill, Dansko, and other brands known for comfort and quality. You should be aware that what is comfortable for one person won't be comfortable for everyone. For example, my friend loves her Merrills. I can't wear them. I've heard some complain about Keens being too heavy, but I love mine and wear them everywhere. I've heard people complain that Dansko are too inflexible. Again, I love mine.

Be ready to spend some money. I think each of my comfortable shoes cost $100-150. But they are cute, comfortable, and durable.

I too love Rocket Dog and Tom's.:D

I need to have comfortable shoes but I also like them to be really cute/sexy. I can't wear clunky, bulky sandals as they drive me crazy. Most of my sandals come from TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I especially love t-strap ones, with the long strap going between the toes.

What I've found out is that I'm not able to wear any one brand of shoe. I have to try everything on, everything. For example, I love Michael Kors but I haven't been able to find a comfortable pair. Sometimes I can find comfortable sandals by Tommy Hilfiger and other times they are very uncomfortable. So, I basically try everything on. When I get home I wear them all day around the house (the entire upstairs is carpeted) for at least 2 days and if they're still comfortable I keep them, if not they go back. Both stores have a great return policy.

I can't buy shoes just because they're cute but I also can't buy shoes just because they're comfortable if they're not cute!:eek: So, I spend a lot of time trying to find the ones that are "just right".:D

After many painful experiences, I've found that comfort is in direct proportion to price. Inexpensive shoes just don't cut it for me. If you want truly comfortable sandals, you have to pay for them. Look for a good brand and check out their online catalogue.

I just bought these Clarks a few weeks ago for my upcoming cruise. The heel is not as high as it looks, the toe strap is made of cloth so no rubbing, and they are SUPER comfy:

http://www.jcpenney.com/sandals/clarks-liya-macadamia-flip-flops/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003550270&catId=cat100250193&deptId=dept20000018&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=clarks&dimCombo=Brand%7C&dimComboVal=clarks%7C&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=clarks&colorizedImg=DP1107201317024795M.tif&urlState=/shoes/shop-women-s-shoes/sandals-flip-flops/clarks/_/N-1nopjlZys/cat.jump

Always ask if they have a coupon, since they almost always do. Also, you can get one on your phone or tablet and show it to them.

Cliffs by White Mountain are super cute and comfortable. I have high arches and a history of plantar fasciitis and was able to wear them sightseeing on the cobblestones of Europe.

The Minnetonkas look really nice. I will have to look for them!

I just bought these Clarks a few weeks ago for my upcoming cruise. The heel is not as high as it looks, the toe strap is made of cloth so no rubbing, and they are SUPER comfy:

http://www.jcpenney.com/sandals/clarks-liya-macadamia-flip-flops/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003550270&catId=cat100250193&deptId=dept20000018&topDim=Brand&topDimvalue=clarks&dimCombo=Brand%7C&dimComboVal=clarks%7C&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=clarks&colorizedImg=DP1107201317024795M.tif&urlState=/shoes/shop-women-s-shoes/sandals-flip-flops/clarks/_/N-1nopjlZys/cat.jump

Always ask if they have a coupon, since they almost always do. Also, you can get one on your phone or tablet and show it to them.

I love those! Now that's what I'm talking about! So cute, sexy, & comfortable! I've not seen that style Clark before. I might have to head to the mall tomorrow!:D

I took a pair of these on the last cruise http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1417851/croft-barrow-sport-sandals-women.jsp?crosssell=true. Sorry, I've tried many times to post a picture of the Croft and Barrow shoes in addition to posting the link, but can't figure out how to get the picture to show :(.

I walked all over Venice, Ephesus, Istanbul, and Barcelona in them and was surprised that they gave me no problems at all. They let my feet get air, they fit well length-wise and width-wise (amazing, since it's hard for me to find shoes that fit me comfortably in the width), and I could tighten and loosen them as needed with that little push button gizmo at the top of the laces. I had purchased two pairs of them - in different colors, and am glad I did as these will be going on future vacations!

I'd also taken a pair of sneakers and a pair of black "dress" slip-on shoes, and a pair of slippers (for hotel and cabin).

I took a pair of these on the last cruise http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1417851/croft-barrow-sport-sandals-women.jsp?crosssell=true. Sorry, I've tried many times to post a picture of the Croft and Barrow shoes in addition to posting the link, but can't figure out how to get the picture to show :(.

I walked all over Venice, Ephesus, Istanbul, and Barcelona in them and was surprised that they gave me no problems at all. They let my feet get air, they fit well length-wise and width-wise (amazing, since it's hard for me to find shoes that fit me comfortably in the width), and I could tighten and loosen them as needed with that little push button gizmo at the top of the laces. I had purchased two pairs of them - in different colors, and am glad I did as these will be going on future vacations!

I'd also taken a pair of sneakers and a pair of black "dress" slip-on shoes, and a pair of slippers (for hotel and cabin).

Those look comfy! They're cute too.

I just got a cute pair of gladiator sandals at TJ Maxx, they are so comfortable. They're a dark tan leather. $20...gotta love that! LOL! I also got the cutest bucket-style bag w/leather trim which matches the leather sandals. It has nautical white and rust-colored stripes. I'm loving it!:D

I found the brand:TSUBO, last year before my cruise on the website 6pm.com. I lived in mine. I am going to buy another pair for my next cruise!

Oh my goodness DivaB. Just went to this website....the shoes...the dresses...the bathing suits. I AM IN HEAVEN. Has anyone purchased anything from here? Any problems?

6pm is the discount arm of Zappos. They do charge shipping/returns but the prices are cheap if you find what you want. I've purchased from them quite a bit.

6pm has changed their shipping, standard shipping (5-10 business days) is now FREE!!!!

Love 6pm. Have gotten some great shoes and deals from them :)

Glad to help! I was going to say that yes, it is the sister site of zappos, and I have never paid for shipping. I did receive a pair of boots that the zipper was broken on, and customer service was top notch with a personal email of apology. I love 6pm and have purchased many times. Enjoy your shopping!!!