Benefits to booking onboard?

blythe

When one books onboard does Celebrity always offer an OBC and/or reduced deposit? If a special promotion is going on, such as the 123 or Pick a Perk, are these combinable with the OBC/reduced deposit? I am very unclear about when things are combinable or not.

We will be onboard Eclipse in less than 3 weeks and I am wondering if we should wait to book our next cruise until then. Thanks.

We returned from our last cruise on 2/8. We booked a September cruise while on board. Celebrity has improved the perks for the onboard booking especially if you pick a specific sailing rather than just an open booking. We paid for a C3 cabin and received a C2 which has a slightly better location. They were still running the 123GO promo so we got to choose one of those, we will receive a generous SBC and our deposit was $200. Onboard booking SBCs are now combinable with 1 other special offer such as 123GO. In the past this was not the case. If you simply do an "open booking", you need only a $100 deposit to hold a future cabin. You get the right to a more modest OBC but this too is combinable with one other promo. I hope this was helpful. I would also recommend you go to the future sales desk as early as possible and make an appointment.

It does seem that it might be beneficial for us to wait and book our next cruise when onboard. I had our TA put a hold on a cabin for the Sept sailing of Summit on the last day of the 123 promo but now discover that the Pick Perk promo will be available when we are onboard Eclipse. Seems like it might be better to wait until then to book.

For us the main benefit is that when the cruise you are on ends you won't feel as bad becasue you know that you have another cruise booked.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🍻🍸

It does seem that it might be beneficial for us to wait and book our next cruise when onboard. I had our TA put a hold on a cabin for the Sept sailing of Summit on the last day of the 123 promo but now discover that the Pick Perk promo will be available when we are onboard Eclipse. Seems like it might be better to wait until then to book.

Don't give up the cabin you have on hold until you see if you can get it while on board. I have had difficulty in the past booking on board. Depends on if you want a specific cabin or will take the best money deal. I think if you have a deposit on a booking you can transfer that booking.

Do you mean that I could keep the cabin I have already selected, then when on board, I could also request that the OBC be added to our booking? I was not aware that that was an option. Boy, I am getting more confused as we go!

We have a hold on an Aqua Class cabin, which we prefer, but I really don't think all the AQ cabins will be gone by the time of our cruise in 3 weeks. Of course, there's no guarantee of that. I'll have to ask our TA if adding the OBC while on board is possible.

Also, remember that if you book onboard and get those benefits, you can then transfer the booking to your TA and get any benefits they may be offering. We just did that, so in addition to the OBC for booking onboard and getting the drink package, we tranferred to our online TA and received additional OBC and prepaid gratuities!!! Win, Win!!

Kelly

Blythe - no you can't apply an on board booking to an existing booking, best you could do is cancel the existing booking and hope you'd get the cabin back. I've never heard of them applying a cruise certificate to an existing booking not held by celebrity. If you book onboard you can specify to have the booking go to your TA (it should do so automatically if the cruise you're sailing on at the time was booked by them but never hurts to check). Then your agency can retain the perks you got from X, and hopefully give you a little something extra from their side if they have it to offer.

Does anyone know who much OBC is given for a 12 night cruise? The only info I could find is that the range is $50-$500.

Inside $150

Ocean $175

Veranda $200

Concierge, Aqua, Aqua and Sky Suites $300

Other Suites $400

Then you have 1 other special offer that you can choose.

Also, remember that if you book onboard and get those benefits, you can then transfer the booking to your TA and get any benefits they may be offering. We just did that, so in addition to the OBC for booking onboard and getting the drink package, we tranferred to our online TA and received additional OBC and prepaid gratuities!!! Win, Win!!

Kelly

That is correct.

Also, Sometimes the booking on board is not as good. I once wanted to have a certain cabin when booking on board. The on board agent said it wasn't available but I booked a cabin anyhow. Later another private travel agent got the cabin I wanted for me and I was able to transfer the booking that I made on board. The on board agent lost the booking so she was not happy, but I was.

Does anyone know who much OBC is given for a 12 night cruise? The only info I could find is that the range is $50-$500.

Regarding OBC--Remember if you own at least 100 shares of RCI stock you can get an OBC for that. You have to right and apply and send proof from your stock agent that you have it. The amount may be determined by the kind of cabin. Not sure. In January, I had a $250 OBC. BTW RCI stock is doing very well.

If you really want a specific room, I wonder if your TA could place a hold on a room, then release it as you board, allowing you to book that exact room while on board? The problem is that 3 weeks is a long time.

Barb,

You could transfer the booking. If you release it you might loose it. Your first travel agent might not be happy, but you would get the benefit of the on board booking and the cabin you wanted. Talk to your first TA and see what they can do. They would not like to loose the booking.

I bought a Celebrity passage back in Jan 2012. Paid $200 for it which turned into my deposit when I just booked my next cruise. It also included OBC which turned out to be $200 for a 10 night cruise.

When I used it to book this cruise I booked directly with Celebrity. They allowed me to combine with the 123 Go perk. Once everything was booked and showed up I moved it over to a TA and received more OBC and prepaid gratuities. Since I had to prepay gratuities for Select Dining they just gave me more OBC.

We will do it again when we take this next cruise.

enjoy

The on board agent said it wasn't available but I booked a cabin anyhow. Later another private travel agent got the cabin I wanted for me and I was able to transfer the booking that I made on board. The on board agent lost the booking so she was not happy, but I was.

The future cruise sales staff does not lose sleep over a sailing transferring to a travel agency. My understanding is that, if you booked your existing cruise with an agency, the future cruise will be given to the same agency unless you specify otherwise. The onboard sales staff is there to book future business for the cruise line. They would probably actually prefer that all of the servicing be handled by an external travel agency.

When one books onboard does Celebrity always offer an OBC and/or reduced deposit? If a special promotion is going on, such as the 123 or Pick a Perk, are these combinable with the OBC/reduced deposit? I am very unclear about when things are combinable or not.

We will be onboard Eclipse in less than 3 weeks and I am wondering if we should wait to book our next cruise until then. Thanks.

I just booked the Reflection while I was onboard the Summit 10 days ago.

Here is what I got:

1. booked a balcony and got upgraded to premium balcony

2. received $150 on board credit

3. received the 123 promotion (took the drink package…best deal ever!)

4. reduced deposit of $200 total for the cabin

AND

****I booked my cousin a cabin with all the same benefits as me (she was not on the cruise!

The future cruise sales staff does not lose sleep over a sailing transferring to a travel agency. My understanding is that, if you booked your existing cruise with an agency, the future cruise will be given to the same agency unless you specify otherwise. The onboard sales staff is there to book future business for the cruise line. They would probably actually prefer that all of the servicing be handled by an external travel agency.

That is correct.

Also, Sometimes the booking on board is not as good. I once wanted to have a certain cabin when booking on board. The on board agent said it wasn't available but I booked a cabin anyhow. Later another private travel agent got the cabin I wanted for me and I was able to transfer the booking that I made on board. The on board agent lost the booking so she was not happy, but I was.

I concur with OCALA REP. I am not sure that the on board rep could care any less. I assume you are just making an assumption that she was not happy because I am not even sure how you would know after you left the ship when you did the transfer. As you know it is easy to change cabins within the same category at any time and the available cabins change frequently. (this has been my experience). Bottom line is that you are happy, so that is what really matters.

Just be aware that if there is no promo available (or no promo that you want) at the time you book onboard, the onboard booking is still combinable with a promo up until final payment date...but you have to meet all criteria of the promo. I knew it would have to be a promo offered on my particular sailing etc, but I did not understand that I'd have to pay the prevailing fare, if higher.

Luckily, our TA went to bat for us since I didn't think the fine print or the onboard agent were clear on that point and we got the promo added anyways. She played the card that we re-booked while on the Millie cruise that was stranded in Ketchikan so she thought Celebrity could show us some mercy.

• 3 weeks later...
A little off topic.....If booking with RCI while on X do you receive same perks as if booking directly with RCI?

I think you get the same perks as if you were on a Royal Caribbean cruise booking a future RCI cruise. Celebrity honors the RCI perks as though you were booking while on a Royal Caribbean sailing. That is my understanding. Someone please correct me if my understanding is off.

Kathy