Anxious for Galveston Itineraries to be released!

I just called C&A because my cruise history disappeared (again!). :mad: While I was on the phone trying to get that straightened out, I asked if she had any updates about when Galveston cruises for summer 2015 would be released. She said probably not until the first week of April :( I also asked if Liberty would be in Galveston but she said she didn't have that information.

I just called C&A because my cruise history disappeared (again!). :mad: While I was on the phone trying to get that straightened out, I asked if she had any updates about when Galveston cruises for summer 2015 would be released. She said probably not until the first week of April :( I also asked if Liberty would be in Galveston but she said she didn't have that information.

Strange, I don't get why such a long delay to find out about Galveston. I'm sure there's no real suprises like a second ship or anything. My only guess is they are trying to book up remianing NOS cruises before they throw something else out there. People might wait to book waiting for the larger ship. Anyway...

We were on Carnival in February, and at the past cruisers celebration they announced they

were bringing a third ship to Galveston (Carnival Freedom) but weren't able to give a date.:)

It's nice to have an option of a shorter cruise, that is usually why we end up on Carnival (2 Royal cruises and 3 Carnival), a good deal on a short cruise out of galveston.

Does anyone know for certain which ship will be in Galveston next summer? I've seen both Navigator and Liberty mentioned. I'm trying to figure out the best cabins to book for an extended family cruise. My MIL would like to have us all on the same deck. I've got one family w/ 6 people who want a single oceanview cabin due to having small children and also need at least one accessible cabin. There aren't many cabins for 6 on either ship so I want to book as soon as I can.

We were there for a cruise the week of March 2nd and one of the coordinators at the pier in Galveston told us the Liberty is coming to Galveston. The RCL terminal will be used as a warehouse for luggage, etc. and there will be a bigger, newer terminal to accommodate the bigger Liberty.

Of course I am just reporting what was told to us while we were sitting waiting to board the ship.

I just returned from the NOS. We were delayed due to fog and an oil spill. Last year we had a delay from the fog.

Not going out of Galveston again! Way too many issues and customs can be a nightmare.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Still nothing today. :( I'm really curious if Liberty will be in Galveston and if so, is it the same or different itinerary from what Navigator is doing now.

Heavy fog is a risk in Galveston during the spring and fall. It's not a new problem. It's like taking a Caribbean cruise in the summer. There's a risk you might have an issue with a hurricane.

The oil spill over the weekend isn't a normal problem so I don't know how RC could have planned for it. My husband's boss was supposed to be sailing on Navigator this week. I don't know whether she decided to cancel or take the short cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Still nothing today. :( I'm really curious if Liberty will be in Galveston and if so, is it the same or different itinerary from what Navigator is doing now.

The officers on Liberty seem to already know they're going to Galveston, so I guess its just a matter of time before it's announced.

Since they have Navigator showing for Galveston through November 2015, Liberty must not be coming to Galveston until later, if at all.

I was hoping for Liberty for summer 2015 since I am planning a cruise with my husband's extended family. Liberty has a bit more to do than Navigator, which would be nice since there are 3 sea days. Most of the group has never sailed before so Navigator will have plenty of "wow" factor for them.

Since they have Navigator showing for Galveston through November 2015, Liberty must not be coming to Galveston until later, if at all.

I was hoping for Liberty for summer 2015 since I am planning a cruise with my husband's extended family. Liberty has a bit more to do than Navigator, which would be nice since there are 3 sea days. Most of the group has never sailed before so Navigator will have plenty of "wow" factor for them.

You could be right. We all know how "inside info" goes. I'm just relaying what was said by the Hotel Director and our Head Waiter on Liberty this past weekend. They both announced it as though the bookings are already open.

I saw several people mention that they had been told Liberty would be replacing Navigator in May 2015. Apparently that was a widespread rumor. I suppose RC could still make a change. The itineraries for June 2015 are the same 2 for summer 2014 and show Navigator but prices are still showing "N/A." Until the actual prices get posted, nothing is final. I was rather hoping for either a different ship or different itineraries.

The cruise is really for hubby's family, and I know they will be happy just being on a ship. Hubby and I are the only ones that have cruised several times. His sister was on a cruise for her honeymoon, but that was 12 years ago so things have changed. All the others are cruise newbies.

Added: Just checked again & prices are posted. Navigator it is.

Edited by kyriecat

Just got off the phone with RCI and was told the dates and prices only go to November 1, 2015. I'm waiting to book our December cruise. She said to just check everyday......:rolleyes:

Edited by Ladysilver

We just booked the Navigator for July 2015 for our anniversary. It will be our first time on RCCL. We just cruised out of Galveston on the Disney Wonder in December so I am excited to try a different cruiseline (we have been 2 times on the Disney Wonder).

I was bummed they wouldn't let me book 1688 or 1388 or any aft balcony for that matter. They were available BUT we only had 2 people and they said minimum of 3 for those cabins. I should go buy a mannequin or something.

On the Navigator during the Farewell Show last Saturday the Cruise Director announced that the Navigator was staying in Galveston for the long term. I know, I know, "inside information"...:)

We just booked the Navigator for July 2015 for our anniversary. It will be our first time on RCCL. We just cruised out of Galveston on the Disney Wonder in December so I am excited to try a different cruiseline (we have been 2 times on the Disney Wonder).

I was bummed they wouldn't let me book 1688 or 1388 or any aft balcony for that matter. They were available BUT we only had 2 people and they said minimum of 3 for those cabins. I should go buy a mannequin or something.

Weird, as we have always had 7688 or 7388, Even booked 1688, but had to cancel due to new grandsons:) - twins:D

Weird, as we have always had 7688 or 7388, Even booked 1688, but had to cancel due to new grandsons:) - twins:D

Mary there is a thread on here about this. It seems they will not let you book any D1 AFT cabins I believe its after April 2014 unless there are three people in the cabin. Not sure but it might also apply your favourite cabin. :eek:

Hows that grand baby doing?

It might be nice to see a new ship in Galveston.

But the same port stops are pretty tiring no matter what ship you are on...

That's the drawback to living near a port; what's convenient starts looking dreary. Come trade with any of us that have to fly to get to ANY port for a while; your options will open mightily when leaving from Galveston's no less hassle than leaving from Seattle or Tampa or Bayonne or Miami or San Juan or Baltimore or Vancouver or even THAT MUCH less than Madrid or Venice... Sydney's still looking like a bother, though. :)