CONSTELLATION-just back

massedtuck

Is this for real?

I thought CC was a forum for cruise lovers and passengers.

Yes, the Celebrity Cruise post is for real. First time I've seen them comment on a topic like this. Celebrity definitely monitors this board and I've often seen them comment on a situation that needs action by Celebrity to resolve.

Nice to see this.

I don't want to open a can of worms but we haven't sailed Celebrity for a number of years. I am a cigar smoker and I do enjoy a good cigar in the evening preferably with a nice sipping beverage. What are the provisions on board (either inside or outside) on the Constellation for cigar smokers? Also, is cigar smoking allowed on balconies?

Again, not trying to make controversy - just want to know the ground rules in advance. Thanks.

I don't want to open a can of worms but we haven't sailed Celebrity for a number of years. I am a cigar smoker and I do enjoy a good cigar in the evening preferably with a nice sipping beverage. What are the provisions on board (either inside or outside) on the Constellation for cigar smokers? Also, is cigar smoking allowed on balconies?

Again, not trying to make controversy - just want to know the ground rules in advance. Thanks.

Hi:)...no smoking of any kind on any balcony.

No smoking anywhere inside the ship.

I do know there is a smoking area port side at the pool...you will

see the ashtrays. Also portside up at the Sunset Bar which is

located all the way aft upstairs...keep walking beyond the buffet

and portside you will see the ashtrays there as well.

Hi,

Welcome back !

We are thinking about booking the 4 days cruise on the Constellation. Were you on the 4 days cruise ? If so, when was the formal night ?

I think you have to go through custom in Key West. Was it the case for you ? If so, do you have to go through custom again at disembarkation in FLL ?

Thank you :D

I noticed ashtrays at the aft bar-I believe it's called the Sunset Bar. Great place for a drink while enjoying the fresh air

What was the earliest you could get off with luggage?

We opted to hold our bags and take them off ourselves. By doing that you're able to get off around 7:15. Otherwise you're assigned a time and need to wait in a lounge area because you need to vacate your cabin by 8:30.

Hi,

Welcome back !

We are thinking about booking the 4 days cruise on the Constellation. Were you on the 4 days cruise ? If so, when was the formal night ?

I think you have to go through custom in Key West. Was it the case for you ? If so, do you have to go through custom again at disembarkation in FLL ?

Thank you :D

The formal night was the 2nd. We did have to go through customs on the ship before going into Key West. It was a snap-very well organized and quick. Also need to go through customs at FLL in the customs building with declaration card.

We opted to hold our bags and take them off ourselves. By doing that you're able to get off around 7:15. Otherwise you're assigned a time and need to wait in a lounge area because you need to vacate your cabin by 8:30.

Thanks, we are trying to catch a train at 8:45.

What was the earliest you could get off with luggage?

We did this cruise a couple of weeks ago and we were off the ship at 7:45 AM with our luggage. We were green luggage tag number 3.

WARNING: Just because we got lucky, does not mean you will...your actual experiences may not be the same...

BILL

We did this cruise a couple of weeks ago and we were off the ship at 7:45 AM with our luggage. We were green luggage tag number 3.

WARNING: Just because we got lucky, does not mean you will...your actual experiences may not be the same...

BILL

Thanks, and I completely understand the warning. We have a car reserved as a backup if we find ourselves not making the train. The price was so reasonable and if I drive it's at least 10-11 hours. Train is 12 hours.

We recently booked a Celebrity Suite and one of the listed amenities is a mini bar (* indicates extra charge). Can anyone describe the mini bar? (is it similar to a mini bar in a hotel).

If we choose to host a cabin party is it possible to get full bottle service in cabin?

Thanks!

The only place on the ship for cigar/pipe smoking is back aft at the Sunset/Oceanview Bar, on the port side only. There are no covered areas back there, so in case of inclement weather, bring your umbrella. ;)

I too just got back from the four nighter on the Constellation. I thought it was great. However, I did not enjoy having to get up early on the Key West day for the customs thing. Also, all chairs around the pool and on deck 11 were taken up by 9:45 on the sea day. Very disappointed in that. Tuscan Grille was great.

We recently booked a Celebrity Suite and one of the listed amenities is a mini bar (* indicates extra charge). Can anyone describe the mini bar? (is it similar to a mini bar in a hotel).

If we choose to host a cabin party is it possible to get full bottle service in cabin?

Thanks!

Yes, the mini bar is similar to one in a hotel-with similar charges. Don't know about the cabin service for a party

We used a 4 digit pin, but there is a slide on the safe which perhaps can be used. Maybe someone has the answer?

The S-Class ships use a 4-digit pin, but I think I remember the M-Class using a 6-digit pin for their safes, but I might be mistaken.

I too just got back from the four nighter on the Constellation. I thought it was great. However, I did not enjoy having to get up early on the Key West day for the customs thing. Also, all chairs around the pool and on deck 11 were taken up by 9:45 on the sea day. Very disappointed in that. Tuscan Grille was great.

Having been on 8 cruises (other lines), I would generalize that most, if not all, poolside loungers are full by 9:45 on a sea day...