Corkage Fee if TA sends Wine?

My TA asked what kind of wine we drink, so I suspect we may have a bottle of wine in our cabin upon boarding. If so, do we still have to pay a corkage fee if consumed in the Dining Room?

If the dining room enforces the rule, yes. But I have read on here they don't always.

Edit: Oops my mistake. Forgot it would be Gift & Gear selection.

Edited by PCWalton1

My TA asked what kind of wine we drink, so I suspect we may have a bottle of wine in our cabin upon boarding. If so, do we still have to pay a corkage fee if consumed in the Dining Room?

They are not supposed to charge a corkage fee anymore for wine purchased on the ship.

Quoted from RC website

If a guest receives a bottle of wine that was purchased from Gift & Gear selection, no corkage fee will apply if the bottle is consumed in any public area. If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and/or travel agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Gift & Gear selection, then a $25.00 corkage fee per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine in the dining room or any other public area. The fee will be applied to the guest's onboard account.

Hope that helps

Quoted from RC website

If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and/or travel agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Gift & Gear selection

How would a guest receive a bottle of wine other than it having been purchased from Gifts & Gear? I guess they mean that the TA buys a bottle of wine and somehow gets it to the guest before they board, but that seems unlikely.

How would a guest receive a bottle of wine other than it having been purchased from Gifts & Gear? I guess they mean that the TA buys a bottle of wine and somehow gets it to the guest before they board, but that seems unlikely.

I know, I thought it strange, but if you go to RC website and type corkage fee in search that's what it comes up with!:confused:

Don't need to bring the corkscrew, the cabin steward will give you a cute little one with Royal's logo on it to keep. Works great. :)

Glad to know they still do those - haven't seen one in ages!! Know I don't need to pack mine this year. Normally don't take wine with me as don't like to fly with it, but driving this year so was going to take some for a change:D

The TA probably bought the wine from the ship. Meaning that there isn't any corkage fee.

Years ago TAs could send gifts from outside venders. Wine and other gifts would be waiting in the stateroom. I believe that service is no longer available (another service lost because of 9/22) and all gifts are purchased by TAs through RCI. If you want your wine for dinner... just have your TA send it to you at your table. If it isn't offered on the first night, ask your server to locate it for you (you may night get it until night two). No corkage fee. If you would rather consume it in your cabin or grab a glass to go from your cabin, then by all means, have it delivered to your cabin. Enjoy your cruise!

We normally receive a bottle of wine from the Loyalty ambassador on board. Where is Royals written policy about corkage fees.

Thanks

I found it by going to RC US website homepage, going to search box, typed in corkage fee and it was the top that came up in the list.

Hope that helps!

We normally receive a bottle of wine from the Loyalty ambassador on board. Where is Royals written policy about corkage fees.

Thanks

See post # 4 for a direct quote from the website.

If your TA gives you a bottle of wine at their discounted cost from RCL, it will be delivered to your stateroom and is not intended for consumption outside. If you bring it to the MDR, you might be asked to pay the corkage charge. I just open it in my cabin and bring it to the MDR in glasses provided.

If your TA gives you a bottle of wine at their discounted cost from RCL, it will be delivered to your stateroom and is not intended for consumption outside. If you bring it to the MDR, you might be asked to pay the corkage charge. I just open it in my cabin and bring it to the MDR in glasses provided.

Not true, as a number of previous posters have already noted. :rolleyes:

Not true, as a number of previous posters have already noted. :rolleyes:

it is true. For a bottle of wine to be able to be consumed in the MDR, the TA has to pay the Gifts and Gear Wine Cellar Collection cost. For example White Zin is $31.05 vs TA's discounted cost of $18.15

Edited by SeaUs

it is true. For a bottle of wine to be able to be consumed in the MDR, the TA has to pay the Gifts and Gear Wine Cellar Collection cost. For example White Zin is $31.05 vs TA's discounted cost of $18.15

The direct quote from the RCCL website was quoted in post #4, it says nothing about what price was paid or whether or not it was a discounted price. If the wine was purchased from Gift & Gear - which it must be - then there is no corkage charge.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

The direct quote from the RCCL website was quoted in post #4, it says nothing about what price was paid or whether or not it was a discounted price. If the wine was purchased from Gift & Gear - which it must be - then there is no corkage charge.

the only way you can avoid corkage charge is to have wine delivered to the mdr. You can't walk in with it. To have wine delivered to the mdr, you have to buy through gifts and gear. Discounted wine throughta isn't purchased that way and can only be delivered to stateroom

the only way you can avoid corkage charge is to have wine delivered to the mdr. You can't walk in with it. To have wine delivered to the mdr, you have to buy through gifts and gear. Discounted wine throughta isn't purchased that way and can only be delivered to stateroom

Got'cha - the official RCCL website, along with top CC'ers like clarea - are ALL wrong, and you have a different answer which is right. Alrighty! :rolleyes:

EDIT: By the way, I've had a gift bottle from a TA delivered to the MDR, even though you are positive it can't be done...

Edited by LetsGetWet!

You can certainly walk in with a glass of it, if not a bottle of it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The flaw in your post is the " - which it must be - ". Travel Agents can buy wine for their clients through the travel agent website and not through gifts & gear.

You can certainly walk in with a glass of it, if not a bottle of it.

Absolutely, that's what I do

The flaw in your post is the " - which it must be - ". Travel Agents can buy wine for their clients through the travel agent website and not through gifts & gear.

Can't seem to get that point across to letsgetwet

Yes, they can buy Gifts & Gear wine using their special TA RCCL website. All onboard wine comes from Gifts & Gear selection whether you purchase it at retail or TA purchases it at a discounted price. As I say, I've had TA-ordered wine delivered to the MDR - without a corkage fee - so it can definitely be done.