Shampoo & Gel dispensers

Den53

As I was cleaning my bathroom and remembering fondly of my recent cruise when I realized I wanted to say something about the shampoo & gel. Yes, the shampoo is very drying as another cruiser mentioned. I took her comments to heart and brought some conditioner. Every couple of days I used the conditioner. But I suffer from psoriasis and the gel was horrible on it. Luckily I brought my Olay body wash and in a couple days it was back to "normal". My husband commented that the gel didn't lather.

I thought I would pass this on because I have found the comments very useful.

Also, I did like the wall dispensers better than the little bottles.

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are leaving on the Grand in a month and were planning on taking our own shampoo and soap. I already knew I needed to take my leave in conditioner. We had concerns about the liquid soap and I never could use their shampoo.

Your comments "sealed the deal", our bath soap and personal shampoo will find it's way into our luggage.

The new gel/shampoo is terrible. No lather with the shampoo so I would imagine that the ladies will need to use 1/2 the bottle to get it done right. :rolleyes:

And the bar of soap is circular and about 2 inches in diameter and about a 1/4 of an inch thick! Ridiculous trying to shower with it. :cool:

Had I known I would have brought my own bar of soap at least

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I have to say that I didn't enjoy the new shampoo or gel. I like the environmental aspect of not having those other little bottles handed out to each cabin by having a refillable container in the shower, but the actual product wasn't that great. I used my own shampoo and conditioner on the trip.

My biggest issue with the pumps was that such a little bit would come out with each pump that you really had to keep pumping to get enough to use- we did ask for bar soap- and yes it was the round bars from the sink, but they were just fine!

My biggest issue with the pumps was that such a little bit would come out with each pump that you really had to keep pumping to get enough to use- we did ask for bar soap- and yes it was the round bars from the sink, but they were just fine!

That was an issue on our Jan cruise. I unscrewed the dispenser lid and took the bottle out of the wall holder. The "shower gel" is like cheap dish detergent, I'm sure it's something very inexpensive that they purchase by the gallon drum.

We've been bringing our own full sized bar soap, and travel sized shampoo and conditioner on all vacations for years. Hotels and cruises have been cutting back on amenities, this way we don't run into any surprises.

OMG! When did Princess introduce the wall dispensers? We were on the Grand in September '13 to Mexico and were still receiving the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and nice bars of soap. Heading out again on the Grand to Hawaii in April and do not like the RCL style of wall dispensers. Please advise so we can prepare in advance!

OMG! When did Princess introduce the wall dispensers? We were on the Grand in September '13 to Mexico and were still receiving the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and nice bars of soap. Heading out again on the Grand to Hawaii in April and do not like the RCL style of wall dispensers. Please advise so we can prepare in advance!

Prepare, the old style stuff is all gone.

I hate them!!! No lather at all from soap. Multiple pumps to get a small amount. People... put this on your post cruise comments!!! Maybe after a while Princess will listen. I used DW shampoo but didn't have our own soap.

I counted - it took me 17 pumps to get out as much shampoo as I usually use at home.

Anybody have any good ideas for a holder for the shampoo and conditioner that we have to bring from home? I've been setting them on the toilet seat but that gets the floor really wet.

And the bar of soap is circular and about 2 inches in diameter and about a 1/4 of an inch thick!

Princess soap is 2 1/4" in diameter & 3/4" thick.

Yes, and it is a nice quality soap that is not strongly scented!

I found that I had to pump it a lot to get enough out but the actual quality of the shampoo was ok. I always take my own conditioner with me.

The bar of soap is fine. I hated the dispenser and especially the product--I've never had my hair feel so awful after a shampoo. Be sure to bring conditioner, at least; next time I will bring both, which I've never had to do with Princess before.

I did comment negatively!

We had a large bottle with pump dispenser for shampoo/conditioner combination on the Ruby in December. The cabin steward takes out the pump dispenser the last day so you won't be able to take the whole bottle with you. I haven't heard if the Ruby has the wall-mounted dispensers installed yet. I'll find out Saturday when we sail on the Ruby again. Fortunately I had a bottle of conditioner from a hotel stay in my dopp kit. I also brought a bar of soap for the shower.