My Carnival Miracle Waitress Messed Up (In A Good Way)!!

On my Carnival Miracle cruise to Alaska I ordered Caesar salad. The waitresses for my table came around with the cheese dispenser and asked if I would like some cheese. I said yes. Since this was Alaska I guess she thought she would make a glacier with my cheese because she said, " I made you a glacier". I thanked her anyways and just scraped some of the cheese off. She still did a great job and the food was great. I am NOT mad, but I wanted to share a photo of my "glacier Caesar salad".

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/03/my-cruise-ship-caesar-salad-with-too-much-cheese.html

Here is the lesson:

Watch your server closely to tell them to stop when they are sprinkling something.

I just thought I would share this to give some a laugh and to warn others to be careful!

Any thoughts? Do you think I handled this right by not saying anything because I was not mad?

Edited by thecruiserofships

On my Carnival Miracle cruise to Alaska I ordered Caesar salad. The waitresses for my table came around with the cheese dispenser and asked if I would like some cheese. I said yes. Since this was Alaska I guess she thought she would make a glacier with my cheese because she said, " I made you a glacier". I thanked her anyways and just scraped some of the cheese off. She still did a great job and the food was great. I am NOT mad, but I wanted to share a photo of my "glacier Caesar salad".

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/03/my-cruise-ship-caesar-salad-with-too-much-cheese.html

Here is the lesson:

Watch your server closely to tell them to stop when they are sprinkling something.

I just thought I would share this to give some a laugh and to warn others to be careful!

Any thoughts? Do you think I handled this right by not saying anything because I was not mad?

You handled it right because you were not mad. I find the food photo a little gross because of all of the cheese. Thanks for sharing.

You got lucky. We were in a high end restaurant having a nice dinner last year. We went with family a couple of days before Christmas. We were at Berns in Tampa. The Caesar salad is prepared tableside and it is quite the event. It takes your server something like 15 minutes to prepare this thing and it costs somewhere around $20.00. I am talking for a single serving side salad. Anyway he gets all done with this fantastic salad and asks if I would like cracked pepper. You guessed it, I failed to say when and my salad was just about inedible. I choked it down with plenty of wine but it was rough.

BTW I love Caesar salad and the best I have ever had was at the Keg overlooking Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.

Here is the lesson:

I think you've learned your lesson ;) Watch the server when they dispense cheese, or pepper or...

It looks like an order of shredded cheese with a side of lettuce.

Here is the lesson:

You're supposed to say "when" or something of the sort when they've put enough cheese/pepper/other condiment on your food. ;)

You're supposed to say "when" or something of the sort when they've put enough cheese/pepper/other condiment on your food. ;)

Exactly. I didn't want to post this and sound rude or bashing or something but my kids, even at 5 years old or so, knew to put up a hand and say "Thank you." when there was enough.

Edited by frayedend

Are you sure you're not just trying to get people over to your blog?

This was not the intent although I do enjoy people looking at my blog! Actually since I shared this my average visitor time on the website average has dropped by at least 80% and my website ratings have gone down.

This has hurt me, but since I refuse to use Photobucket (or similar) posting to my blog is a good alternative.

That is just what I was thinking!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Good trick!!!!!

Read Response Above! This was not a trick! :eek:

I hope both of ya'll enjoyed anyways!

Are you sure you're not just trying to get people over to your blog?

That is just what I was thinking!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Good trick!!!!!

A reasonable conclusion given the random nature of the post almost a year (at mimimum) after the (non)event occurred.