Cheapest Balcony Ever

Seany527

Whats the cheapest rate for a balcony you guys have ever seen. I'm leaving on the Splendor in April. Rate currently is $599. I booked a window room quite some time ago for pretty cheap with an OBC of $160. I would love to upgrade to a balcony but if I do I lose my OBC.

Think it will ever drop below $599 for a balcony?

On an 8 day Splendor out of NY...

I was offered an up-sell to a balcony from an inside which would have effectively made the fare $534pp.

I was also offered an extended aft (total fare + upgrade $559pp)

And Spa Balcony (total fare + upgrade $609pp)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On an 8 day Splendor out of NY...

I was offered an up-sell to a balcony from an inside which would have effectively made the fare $534pp.

I was also offered an extended aft (total fare + upgrade $559pp)

And Spa Balcony (total fare + upgrade $609pp)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When was that cruise?

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but balconies on the Pride and Splendor, in the DEAD of winter, are GOING to be cheap:rolleyes:

I mean, really, how much can you enjoy it? The first two days going down are shot, and last two days back, are probably not good, either.

There's a reason they are so cheap.....:rolleyes:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but balconies on the Pride and Splendor, in the DEAD of winter, are GOING to be cheap:rolleyes:

I mean, really, how much can you enjoy it? The first two days going down are shot, and last two days back, are probably not good, either.

Eeek! I know, its prob a bad idea all around.

Whats the cheapest rate for a balcony you guys have ever seen. I'm leaving on the Splendor in April. Rate currently is $599. I booked a window room quite some time ago for pretty cheap with an OBC of $160. I would love to upgrade to a balcony but if I do I lose my OBC.

Think it will ever drop below $599 for a balcony?

80.00 w/ free cruise .....

There's a reason they are so cheap.....:

Fully aware of that, however OP did not specify a port or season. ;)

Edited by dmarie1623

I disagree that the price is cheaper because it is sailing out of the NE. At the time I booked the 1/26/14 Pride cruise I could have booked the Conquest sailing from Florida with a balcony for the same price ($439) I paid for the Pride. The difference is that I would have to fly to Florida. We had a great time on the Pride and are glad it is returning to Baltimore.

Paid $329pp for the first two guests; $79 for third guest in an 8D balcony, 7-night "Mexican Riviera" cruise that actually sailed L.A. to Canada on the Splendor in June 2009.

God bless the swine flu. ;)

Have seen under $500 last minute on Breeze but not able to take the time off.

Parents going on MSC Divina this weekend, 7 night, balcony, $249 person. It could limp on one propeller and 2 meals a day for that price...:eek:

But if cheap enough I would forfeit my OBC for a floor to ceiling window any weather conditions!

The natural light from balcony cabins gives a cabin a bigger less closed in feel and bad weather can be quite soothing looking out from your cabin without having to peek through a window for a limited view:)

Also you can get some awesome pics from a balcony in bad weather:)

Ya never know what you will get however. We sailed out of Baltimore on the Pride in February and it was 62 on embarkation day. We had a "bowling alley" balcony for $569pp and $115 OBC.