Aos doa

San Juan is a beautiful place to just walk around. There is also a free trolley bus goes all around the town. You can get on and off whenever you want. It's a great way to see the town. Hopefully you can board the AOS tomorrow, if not at least you will be able to enjoy SJ!

Jenni

Thank you for this suggestion as well. We are all happy to be in the sun so we will enjoy whatever comes about. It helps to have these kind suggestions.

I also want to say I'm so very sorry to those on the current sailing who missed out on the ports they were planning to see. :(

Latest we heard was last night and it was that we should be outside of San Juan around 9am and then in the port supposedly 2 hours later. We still don't know when we should be able to disembark. I hope all of you sail next week! Lovely ship, just unlucky this trip! :)

Latest we heard was last night and it was that we should be outside of San Juan around 9am and then in the port supposedly 2 hours later. We still don't know when we should be able to disembark. I hope all of you sail next week! Lovely ship, just unlucky this trip! :)

Is Royal Caribbean compensating the passengers of your cruise with anything for these problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Is Royal Caribbean compensating the passengers of your cruise with anything for these problems?

Yes, they did credit some to our on board accounts and they are offering some compensation to those that are missing their flights today. They did say in a letter delivered to our staterooms that anyone that has a flight at 2pm or prior will miss their flights and will have to rebook flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, they did credit some to our on board accounts and they are offering some compensation to those that are missing their flights today. They did say in a letter delivered to our staterooms that anyone that has a flight at 2pm or prior will miss their flights and will have to rebook flights.

I am on the sailing that is scheduled to leave today and if that is the only restitution offered, I will be furious. I could have sailed of a newer ship but only chose the AOS for the southern ports. On board credit does not even begin to resolve the lack of communication I have been receiving from Royal Caribbean.

I am on the sailing that is scheduled to leave today and if that is the only restitution offered, I will be furious. I could have sailed of a newer ship but only chose the AOS for the southern ports. On board credit does not even begin to resolve the lack of communication I have been receiving from Royal Caribbean.

I will say from what I understand from the other people on this ship that are staying on to sail next week is that they are still sailing. The ship will have the repair that is needed to sail when we get to San Juan. I hope you all do sail and have a wonderful time :).

So what have u received from them? What time was your orginal departure time today? I have done the southern route on aos and agree 100 percent that on on this route to me its all about the ports and not ship.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

The captain just told us that the pilot boats will come to us around 9:30 and then the Coast Guard is requiring that tug boats be attached to the boat as we move into dock. He said if everything goes as planned we will be at the dock around noon. No word on how quickly we will be able to disembark yet.

The captain just told us that the pilot boats will come to us around 9:30 and then the Coast Guard is requiring that tug boats be attached to the boat as we move into dock. He said if everything goes as planned we will be at the dock around noon. No word on how quickly we will be able to disembark yet.

Thanks for you updates- it's great to get an onboard report! Hope you have wifi or cell service once in SJ to keep us informed!

Cruises from San Juan do not usually leave until around 8pm. Royal likely feels that even with the delayed arrival they can leave SJU close to on time. So, they will not say anything to the new cruisers. They will likley get an announcement or a letter once they check-in or onboard.

Cruises from San Juan do not usually leave until around 8pm. Royal likely feels that even with the delayed arrival they can leave SJU close to on time. So, they will not say anything to the new cruisers. They will likley get an announcement or a letter once they check-in or onboard.

I understand what you're saying and actually agree that this is what's happening. The piece that's not being addressed though is some direction on the boarding process and times. If they know it's delayed, which they must at this time, then provide some communication. I'm traveling with my wife and three children and about 8 bags. It's not very easy for us to just hang out in SJ, and take a walking tour of the city to kill time. I really don't want to be stuck at the pier with hundreds/thousands of people in limbo.