Aos doa

To All,

We are on this cruise & the updates which were given is there were medical emergencies onboard but no helicopter lift was required. We slowed because there was overheating and a burning rubber smell so they had to let some of the smoke out. There is no fire onboard or there would have been notifications for the emergency response teams. We are limping back to San Juan. No announcements have been made about next weeks cruise.

DJSteve

If there is no helicopter required than it's not an emergency! or am I wrong?

If there is no helicopter required than it's not an emergency! or am I wrong?

There are emergencies then there are "emergencies"....

It's possible for some emergencies to be handled completely on board; for example some one who breaths in too much smoke would be administered and monitored on board.

If the ship cannot provide complete support that is needed right away, then a boat transfer or helicopter would be called; otherwise they will hold the patient on board until they are better, or the next port is reached.

Aloha,

John

Marine traffic says it will take 1 day, 7 hours and 36 minutes to get from where she is right now to San Juan at her current speed of 2 knots. I feel so bad for those who think they are boarding her tomorrow. And when AOS finally gets into SJ, they have to fix the mechanical problems. The passengers may be spending a few days in San Juan. I can think of worse things! I am surprised they have not cancelled already!

Oops..bigeck..you beat me to this info! I must have measured wrong!

Lauri

Edited by lah66

:( We just arrived in San Juan a few hours ago with our two little boys. So, so, so disappointed to hear this. Was so looking forward to our cruise tomorrow and now just waiting for word on what's next. It is beautiful here in San Juan but not the vacation I was planning or hoping for.

Edited by cruizinawayinva

Marine traffic says it will take 1 day, 7 hours and 36 minutes to get from where she is right now to San Juan at her current speed of 2 knots. I feel so bad for those who think they are boarding her tomorrow. And when AOS finally gets into SJ, they have to fix the mechanical problems. The passengers may be spending a few days in San Juan. I can think of worse things! I am surprised they have not cancelled already!

Oops..bigeck..you beat me to this info! I must have measured wrong!

Lauri

Its fine. Not a lot of difference. Just hope the people in SJ get things sorted.

:( We just arrived in San Juan a few hours ago with our two little boys. So, so, so disappointed to hear this. Was so looking forward to our cruise tomorrow and now just waiting for word on what's next. It is beautiful here in San Juan but not the vacation I was planning or hoping for.

Good luck and we all hope it works out for you. We are on it after dry dock but a bit devastated at all of this.

My heart goes out to you and your family! Hopefully your cruise will still go out, though it may be a day late. This may not be welcome advice at this point, but..El Morro is wonderful on Sundays! You can walk through the fort and there are families everywhere on the field out front, having picnics and flying kites. What a fun day your sons would have! We absolutely love OSJ! Hope you find a reason to as well!

Lauri

I hope they are able to fix whatever the latest issue is so you will be able to get your cruise in. Just make sure you are checking whatever phone number or email address you set up in your emergency contact information. We have always set my cell phone as the number to get a text but also set my DH up to get information at his email address. This way we are double covered.

Marine Traffic has the ship sailing a 3.1 knots (know down to 2.6 knots) and arriving in San Juan at 8:30UTC tomorrow morning. That would be 4:30 AM (maybe 5:30 AM if Greenwich is on daylight savings time) Atlantic time zone.

Also, in the past, Adventure typically has gone up along the west coast of San Juan then turns east and sails along the north coast into San Juan. The ship is obviously taking the direct route today. But it does look like it will get into port on time.

Edited by Ocean Boy

My heart goes out to you and your family! Hopefully your cruise will still go out, though it may be a day late. This may not be welcome advice at this point, but..El Morro is wonderful on Sundays! You can walk through the fort and there are families everywhere on the field out front, having picnics and flying kites. What a fun day your sons would have! We absolutely love OSJ! Hope you find a reason to as well!

Lauri

Thank you. I told my DH the worst part is I have nothing planned for San Juan. We were planning an easy morning before boarding. I appreciate the suggestion and we will surely do that if we need something to do tomorrow.

I too feel so bad for those that are supposed to embark tomorrow. I would be freaking out. The only thing that I think is a positive right now is no announcement on their website. Don't you think they would post something as precaution?

I too feel so bad for those that are supposed to embark tomorrow. I would be freaking out. The only thing that I think is a positive right now is no announcement on their website. Don't you think they would post something as precaution?

Since the ship doesn't set sail until tomorrow night, maybe they are confident that they can temporarily fix the problem while in port.

We are on the ship right now and just before I left my stateroom is so aid we were doing 1.5 knots. We can see St. Thomas right now. The captain just came on and said they are still doing repairs at this time and will give us an update again by 10pm. He did say that he is hoping to have us in San Juan on time or a slightly delayed. I will update this once we know more at 10pm, as long as I have internet. :)

Thank you. I told my DH the worst part is I have nothing planned for San Juan. We were planning an easy morning before boarding. I appreciate the suggestion and we will surely do that if we need something to do tomorrow.

San Juan is a beautiful place to just walk around. There is also a free trolley bus goes all around the town. You can get on and off whenever you want. It's a great way to see the town. Hopefully you can board the AOS tomorrow, if not at least you will be able to enjoy SJ!

Jenni