Booking next cruise while cruising??

Rabbitwoman

Is there great perks/discounts for booking next cruise while cruising?:confused:

Yes.

Now it's newly noted that 1-2-3 applies on any book-on-board cruise, even some that it wont apply to when booking on land.

Also you get OBC from Celebrity varies based on cabin category and length of cruise, its a larger amount if you confirm a cruise than if you just book an open passage.

And you get reduced deposits if that's important.

we received $300 OBC for an AQ cabin and 123 promotion. We also had the reduced deposit but that to me offers no advantage since you ultimately have to pay it later. Our TA gave us another $376 OBC so I am trying to figure out how to spend it all. I guess I'll get another watch.

Yes.

Now it's newly noted that 1-2-3 applies on any book-on-board cruise, even some that it wont apply to when booking on land.

Also you get OBC from Celebrity varies based on cabin category and length of cruise, its a larger amount if you confirm a cruise than if you just book an open passage.

Do you know if it's the same deal if you book a specific Celebrity sailing whilst being onboard a Royal ship?

That I can not confirm. I do know that when I got it, she had to make a note and ask a manager later that day, and got back to me that night. Nut that was on March 10 or so, and supposedly the OnBoard perk just started March 1 and we know how slowly word travels to line level employees on such matters....

So I'd say if X staff hardly know, RCI staff knowing is HIGHLY doubtful, but someone should try and see...if they cruise RCI.

But to be clear, we need people to report on the perk being particularly clear as to if they got

• the normal Pick-Your-Perk (PYP) that everyone can get now, or
  • the special 1-2-3 package (123) special book-on-board package - which seems to apply to sailings that may not accept he the PYP promotion

to be sure which is applying where to know.

Edited by cle-guy

Firstly we went to the ilounge as its free to look at the celebrity website and priced it online

We then went to the on board booking area to see what we could get. Not only did they do a comparison but also worked out whether the best deal was using a prepaid voucher we had or to do it another way

Here is the comparison

Online, the cruise included pick your perk - 1 choice out of 3 - flights were 400 each and no obc

onboard - we got pick your perk drinks package, $350 obc and flights and transfers for 199 each and got a free dinner for 2 in tuscan grille and a bottle of wine to use on the present cruise. Reduced deposit too.

So we went back and booked another one - we didn't get the dinner or wine this time but the extra was $300 obc and we still have our voucher to use another time.

The 2nd cruise is now the price for an inside without a drinks package than we paid for a hump balcony with drinks package - so got it at the right time.

I have a next booking cert for which I paid $100.00 onboard. I am looking a an April, 2014 cruise to use this for. The 123 promo is only good on cruised starting in May, but has anyone been able to get this perk for April?

Online, the cruise included pick your perk - 1 choice out of 3 - flights were 400 each and no obc

onboard - we got pick your perk drinks package, $350 obc and flights and transfers for 199 each and got a free dinner for 2 in tuscan grille and a bottle of wine to use on the present cruise. Reduced deposit too.

So we went back and booked another one - we didn't get the dinner or wine this time but the extra was $300 obc and we still have our voucher to use another time.

The 2nd cruise is now the price for an inside without a drinks package than we paid for a hump balcony with drinks package - so got it at the right time.

Wow, I never get anything for booking on board like a dinner or wine on current cruise, only special offers are normal published deals, and I book suites generally.

nice job!

Should I assume that if I already have a cruise booked for 2015, that I can't get an onboard price quoted for the same cruise (or a similar cruise a week earlier or later) and if it's a better deal just cancel the previously existing reservation?

Seems that would just be Celebrity competing against themselves, so I assume they have some way to prevent it. But, if you booked it a week earlier or later than your current reservation, maybe you could get away with it?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

We have just returned from our cruise on the Eclipse and already booked our next cruise on board for march 2015. We get the free beverage package and 300$ onboard credit. We only had to pay 80$ for each passenger and we can cancel up to 75 days before departure.

We will be going on the Silhouette for a back to back cruise. It is 7 nights each. We also had the chance to choose our stateroom and make sure we have the same one for both cruises. Also if you would like to book on board, but you don't know yet who will be joining you next time, you can just book a cabin for 2 persons and add the second name later. The 2nd person will receive the same advantages.

My apologies for my english, but it is not my mother tongue.

Should I assume that if I already have a cruise booked for 2015, that I can't get an onboard price quoted for the same cruise (or a similar cruise a week earlier or later) and if it's a better deal just cancel the previously existing reservation?

Seems that would just be Celebrity competing against themselves, so I assume they have some way to prevent it. But, if you booked it a week earlier or later than your current reservation, maybe you could get away with it?

I would also like to know the answer to this question as I just booked a 2015 sailing but I am sailing on the Explorer next month. I didn't see anywhere in the fine print that said you couldn't cancel and rebook. Does anyone know if you could just book the same sailing onboard and cancel the original booking when you get home?

I would also like to know the answer to this question as I just booked a 2015 sailing but I am sailing on the Explorer next month. I didn't see anywhere in the fine print that said you couldn't cancel and rebook. Does anyone know if you could just book the same sailing onboard and cancel the original booking when you get home?

Ive done just this often to hold a special cabin that's just come open and then canceled so TA could rebook and add perks and specials etc.

I have had multiple reservations for same cruise, different cabins for several days before TA canceled the duplicate and refunded deposits.

Always weight the costs of cancellation if any (vary by country and rate type and days out) and any fare increase or perks or booking discounts that may no longer apply on new bookings you may lose.

Edited by cle-guy

cle-guy

Thanks for the info. It's a booking on an itinerary for 2015 that just opened so there wouldn't be any cancellation fees. As of right now I only have an OBC on my booking. If there aren't any prices changes, I think I would do better with the onboard booking as they are now giving OBC and the beverage package.

Yes.

Hi

Do you know an end date to these on-board bookings for the 1-2-3/OBC? We are sailing June 14 and looking to book X for June 2015 and wondered if these perks applied in to summer of 2015 or not.

Any info appreciated.

Firstly we went to the ilounge as its free to look at the celebrity website and priced it online

We then went to the on board booking area to see what we could get. Not only did they do a comparison but also worked out whether the best deal was using a prepaid voucher we had or to do it another way

Here is the comparison

Hi

Can I ask if you did this recently and when your future cruises are for? Looks like you got a great package.

Wife and I want to take a Med cruise for our 30th during summer 2016. Of course, itineraries are not out yet. Last week we were on the Silhouette and were able to book a Med cruise for summer 2015, taking advantage of reduced deposits, 1,2,3 package, and OBC. The agent told us that we could transfer that booking to summer 2016 as long as we do it before 75 days out (payment due). They also said that our booking on board benefits would transfer with the booking. They also asked if we wanted to transfer the booking to our TA and he did that immediately as we sat there.

Hope this helps provide some info to others about booking on board. Eventually I might go with another line, but I know I would kick myself if I didn't book on board. A no brainer for us!

When on a cruise we usually get info. on future cruises and talk about where and when we want to go. On day of disenbarkation we usually book the cruise as it eases the pain of ending the cruise knowing you will be back.The extra perks are also nice. :):):)