CB delay cb delay and 100% refund and 25% credit on another cruise

chipmaster

Are the passengers allowed on and off the ship?

They were, but not anymore as it is anticipated they might sail late this afternoon.

As one person posted on the roll call for this cruise:

"I hear cruises are much better when the ship actually gets underway."

I think what Princess offered is well done. That said I do feel for the passengers as many only get a few weeks vacation a year and the other weeks may already be planned with family things around Thanksgiving and Christmas so they will not be able to cruise this year other than this one. For myself it would be ok but it is still hard for me to get away for a week so although we could enjoy the ship in port (I have a better view at my house LOL) I would rather be sailing and would have to book another one and buy more insurance, more parking and have someone to watch the dog etc etc etc... So the costs do add up.... For what happened Princess was more than generous but I still feel for the passengers and hope they can make the best of it as that is life.....

They were, but not anymore as it is anticipated they might sail late this afternoon.

As one person posted on the roll call for this cruise:

"I hear cruises are much better when the ship actually gets underway."

Princess is letting passengers off up to 2pm. All passengers received info as to what time you wanted to get off

I walked off at 11:00 with no garentee of the ship ever leaving port , its cool and windy in Houston

Princess had 5 busses Lined up to take people back to the airports and about 40 cabs were lined up.

Princess was very good at taking care of all the passengers needs on the ship and in the port when getting off. I was very impressed

My two cents sitting on a ship going nowhere...

My vacation time is pretty precious, my oldiest is back from college on break, my second is going off to college next year and will be on a different schedule, so this is our last spring break as a family togather likely for a long time. We spent many thousands flying here. We are as disappointed probably as much as anyone else.

I think princess did more than they had too. Full refund and still feeding and entertain us and likely sail today/tomorrow plus 25% off the next booking. Tell me any other place where vacation goes bad you get that and still so much?

Normally I'd say that was pretty fair but after the prior announcement, I think its a bit of a cheapout. If they were going to do that they should not have specified compensation until final call was made.

We sail and any one that stays on gets 50% credit on next cruise. Not such a good deal as before but acceptable I think

As I read it if you stay on, nothing now, 50 percent later, 4 day cruise with 2 ports

If you disembark you get a full refund, 25 percent later, no cruise.

If you stay onboard you get...nothing now or later

If you disembark you get...nothing now and 50% later

Am I interpreting this correctly?

If we get off now, we receive 100% refund and 25% off next cruise. If we stay, we only get 50% off a future cruise.

I intrerpret it as if you disembark now you get 100% back now and 25% off next cruise.

If you stay on, you get nothing back now and 50% off next cruise.

As I read it if you stay on, nothing now, 50 percent later, 4 day cruise with 2 ports

If you disembark you get a full refund, 25 percent later, no cruise.

Gotcha. It's not the worst offer in the world if that is the case, but Princess shouldn't communicate to its guests one thing and the next day change it. It's not usually a good idea to move the goal posts back on your guests mid-game.

Would this not have been better on a Sunday when those guests were in a position to make a decision and scramble if they must, but potentially NOT lose a week of work? Now that it is Monday afternoon the whole dynamic of whether to accept the new offer or not is fundamentally different than it would have been had the offer been phrased this way on Sunday. In that light I would suggest that Princess make good on their original offer.

It seems like the people who have set flights that can't be changed would lose out by having to stay on board but missing some of the ports... It seems better if you got off the ship and booked a later cruise but not everyone could likely do that. Also the people who only get a certain amount of vacation time per year. Now it doesn't seem like a very good deal at all, now that it has changed.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

The compensation offered by Princess is more than fair. I cannot think of any other vacation opportunity where such a generous offer could be expected if something went wrong. Some airlines will not even give $7 meal vouchers to passengers who get stuck at an airport for 12 hours or even overnight when a plane breaks down and substitute aircraft cannot or will not be provided. Anyone who holds Princess liable for fog or oil spills in a port should expect Princess to respond "Well, why did you schedule your cruise when the weather was going to be foggy or when the oil spill was going to occur?" Both scenarios are ludicrous but people want Princess to give them the moon when they don't deserve it. Travel insurance should help those who had the foresight to purchase it and to the rest of the complainers I'd say too bad, so sad. I suspect the generosity shown by Princess is because they had insurance of their own to cover such an oddball occurrence. Instead of being taken to the woodshed Princess should be congratulated for their generosity.

Edited by boomerone
sp

Following your plight with interest. Clearly Princess should make good on the ORIGINAL offer. There's already been enough drama. Best to stick with the stated plan, 100% refund, free cruise. Sure they'll lose $$$ but will gain it back 10 fold in goodwill, right?

From what I understand, the original offer was made because the port authorities said that the channel would be closed for 72 hours which would mean a cruise without ports. Since the channel is opening earlier and the ship will be able to make two ports, then only two days have been lost, ergo the revised offer. More than fair I think...

Like i said in the other thread...

Princess mistake was sending the letter. Lots of us made a decision based on that promise. If we would have known things would change and they would go back on their word, our decision to stay would have been different. I appreciate Princess trying to do the right thing for everyone involved, but they gave us their word and are now going back on it. We now have 10 minutes (was told we have to make a decision by 3pm) to try to decide what to do and make alternative plans. DH is on the phone now with Princess. This is a very upsetting situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

While what they offer may be fair, the reduction is a freakin' PR faux pas.

I'm on the CB, last night I was astounded by a generous offer in reply to what was totally beyond their control.

Today I'm given one hour to decide between 125% or 50%. Since I flew into Houston

I would have to get an hotel room and pay a$400 airline change fee.

This gives me a bad taste. At least the ship will be less crowded.