Official Quantum Culinary News

For those with special dietary requirements who are going on Quantum, I have been advised that it would be best to wait until after July 1st to submit your forms.

If you have already submitted then and got a standard reply which doesn't really apply to the dining set up on Quantum, you will need to resubmit your forms after July 1st for processing again.

Does any one know if there will be specialty restaurant special deals offered on the "Q." For instance on our Serenade Medit. cruise we signed up for I believe the Royal dining package and for $55 per, got Chops, Giovanni's and an allowance for Izumi.

I am traveling as a solo and asked a question about seating. I was told that you reserve a time and not a table.

INteresting...

It is not a problem getting our own table using Traditional or MTD, but it is an ongoing battle during lunch in the MDR. We would ask for a separate table and they would still lead us to a large table where we would have to insist again, this time in front of people.

We like our own table and I would not be happy being seated with different people each night.

From Dynamic Dining We have the answers

Q:

Who can dine at Coastal Kitchen?

A:

Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our top suite residents (Junior Suites and above) and their guests

I have just made my restaurant reservations for my three Quantum cruises and was able to book the Coastal Kitchen as a Pinnacle Club member even though I am not in a suite.

Andrew

Question: I'm wondering if you will always be seated with whoever you make reservations with (My DH and myself) or if you can ask to sit with other unknown guests at a larger table? I love getting to know new people. My DH and I eat together every day of our lives. We enjoy making friends and meeting new people over dinner. Does anyone know the answer to this question????? Thanks :-)

Thanks for your question. Diners will have the same techniques available to them in terms of calling or visiting the dining room attendant if you are open to having guests join your party. There is nothing about Quantum that will create a new problem in this regard.

Our CEO Adam Goldstein goes into more detail in our Dynamic Dining Google Hangout video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQOLrbxuBM&feature=share&list=PL-kPQ9X3_oa3xSaYSTMefLQ4hoiIspDct&index=2

Hope that helps!

For those with special dietary requirements who are going on Quantum, I have been advised that it would be best to wait until after July 1st to submit your forms.

If you have already submitted then and got a standard reply which doesn't really apply to the dining set up on Quantum, you will need to resubmit your forms after July 1st for processing again.

Thanks Eliz.

I am very excited about the new dining venue as we were also getting a little bored with the same o same o -

With that being said -we are disappointed that as Diamond members we were not 'preselected' to make our dining reservations early -

We have been told on other cruise critic boards for our Quantum sailing and also on the D -- D+ and Pinnacle Board that many of the 'good' times are already filled at the choice restaurants -

We realize that a 'beta testing'of types needed to be done but this seems a little bit 'unfair' to do it this way -

We will still remain 'loyal to Royal' but wonder why it was handled this way?

Were you preselected

I booked my dining the other day. I am diamond but didn't get a call or email saying that I was preselected. I just called and asked them if I could book. She asked me if I had received an email? I told her no, but could she check my reservation, she put me on hold and when she came back, she said I could book the dining options. So you should call even if you didn't get an email. They may let you book anyway.

Lucille

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was an article cruise critic posted on fb this morning

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Forums mobile app

Which was obviously incorrect as indicated by a number of posters. It may even have been corrected by now. I would hope that most people realize that not everything that is posted on cruise critic or almost any other internet website is completely accurate. Mistakes can occur and sometimes people, for whatever reason, purposely post false information. As Ronald Reagan was prone to say: "Trust, but verify".

I booked my dining the other day. I am diamond but didn't get a call or email saying that I was preselected. I just called and asked them if I could book. She asked me if I had received an email? I told her no, but could she check my reservation, she put me on hold and when she came back, she said I could book the dining options. So you should call even if you didn't get an email. They may let you book anyway.

Lucille

Thank you Lucille - I tried that only to be told I was NOT preselected and would have to wait until May 15th -

THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER - did you know that they will not have this online but over the phone? That means that with 21 cruises and about 1500 cabins per cruise - There will be about 30,000 passengers trying to call RCI phone lines on 15 May to book their dining options -

Chaos waiting to happen - better prepare to be on hold for a few hours -

Very disappointed in how this is being handled -

Lucille

Thank you Lucille - I tried that only to be told I was NOT preselected and would have to wait until May 15th -

THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER - did you know that they will not have this online but over the phone? That means that with 21 cruises and about 1500 cabins per cruise - There will be about 30,000 passengers trying to call RCI phone lines on 15 May to book their dining options -

Chaos waiting to happen - better prepare to be on hold for a few hours -

Very disappointed in how this is being handled -

i called the other day and was told that i would have to wait til may then i asked if there would be an app or what was the case for setting dining times, i was informed that they dont know of an app as of right now but dining will be reserved online

For those diamond members not yet called - don't feel bad - we are diamond plus - close to pinnacle and haven't received an email or a call - oh well - I don't really care anyway - I hate this new dining arrangement and don't like the idea that we have to book 14 nights of dining. Us and another couple are just going to wing it when it comes to eating - and good grief there will be lots of places to grab something.

Hopefully, we'll just hit the windjammer on occasion and be satisfied. I certainly hope they don't have this type of dining on any other older ships. We like traditional dining and when preparing for a holiday the last thing I want to think about is booking reservations for dinner. Not much of a holiday when you have to spend time doing this plus arranging for tours etc.

I like to be pampered I guess - it's just my opinion.

For those diamond members not yet called - don't feel bad - we are diamond plus - close to pinnacle and haven't received an email or a call - oh well - I don't really care anyway - I hate this new dining arrangement and don't like the idea that we have to book 14 nights of dining. Us and another couple are just going to wing it when it comes to eating - and good grief there will be lots of places to grab something.

Hopefully, we'll just hit the windjammer on occasion and be satisfied. I certainly hope they don't have this type of dining on any other older ships. We like traditional dining and when preparing for a holiday the last thing I want to think about is booking reservations for dinner. Not much of a holiday when you have to spend time doing this plus arranging for tours etc.

I like to be pampered I guess - it's just my opinion.

I agree. I'm not really happy with the new arrangement. I sailed on the allure once and didn't go back because we had to book the shows before we left. I only booked a few nights of dining on the Quantum, we'll just wing the other nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The system seems to be flawed already. We are not Diamond (not even close); We were not pre-selected: We are not in a suite.

Last Monday I called the number posted on these boards and provided my reservation number and was allowed to book ALL 5 of the complimentary restaurants. We reserved dinner for all ten nights within 15 minutes of the various times we selected (6:15 to 7:30 depending on the days in port.)

The agent had trouble at first but then realized he had to save each reservation individually before moving to the next. Once he did I received an email with my dining reservations and they now appear on my RCCL reservations home page.

I have no idea how this so called "pre-selection" was determined but I do hope the system gets it straight beginning May 15th. Although we enjoyed traditional dining we are ready to give Dynamic Dining a chance. It does sound interesting.......lot more choices. Hope it succeeds.

Edited by martyap

Excuse me for posting the following, as I already posted it on another thread. It seems to fit in a little better here..

We just booked an 11 night cruise on the Quantum that is about 10 months from now.

As a member of this forum I have always used it as a guide in many of my choices such as stateroom, ship, excursion and dining options (including food quality). Many members use this forum and the experiences of other cruisers to make these same choices.

From the website's description of the NEW DYNAMIC DINING I was under the impression that it is a free choice with no need for reservations. I fully understand that it would not be out of the ordinary with this system to have an occasional wait for seating as in any restaurant and can easily accept that.

I now see that passengers are making reservations for each night throughout their cruises.

How do we make reservations 10 months in advance for a cruise on a ship that is not built yet, at restaurants that no one has yet to eat in with menus that may change from day to day or destination to destination? Is there an MDR per say and if there is will its menu change daily? Will we wait 10 months, only to be disappointed at the menu choices on the night and time we reserved? What if we reserved 3 nights at Jamie Oliver's and decided the experience was not up to our liking?

I am sure that this, like all of our past 16 cruises, will be great and we will enjoy every minute of this new ship and all it has to offer, however the whole DYNAMICS of the new dining system confuses me... LOL No need to flame, just a few questions rolling around in my head.

bosco

The menus in each restaurant will not change from day to day. They will remain the same thruout the cruise. Adam did say that in addition the every day menu that they have now will be available in all the restaurants if someone in your party doesn't like the menu in a particular restaurant.

I do agree with you about booking now. Our cruise is next April!!! I think entertainment should have been released before making us book dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just called the Quantum Dynamic Dining phone number and feel better now that I have spoken with the RCL Rep -BTW we were NOT preselected

1. Yes - there will be an online application to make your reservations as well as calling in to RCL directly on 15 May

2. Dining Reservation are from 5 pm - 10 pm - every 15 minutes

3. RCL is holding back quite a few reservation times that can be made once onboard

4. She recommended making reservations for all that we can before the cruise and then trading once onboard

Hope this helps others -