Official Quantum Culinary News

Quesion: Do we have to reserve all of our meals before the cruise if we are eating in the complimentary venues? Or do we just need to reserve for dinner? Or can we wing it as we go? I know you need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants. I really hate the idea of making all of these decisions ahead of time. Personally I loved the MDR and the friendships that were built while eating dinner together with the same people each night. We booked this cruise before we knew of the change. I admit I am a bit disappointed but I will try to make the best of it. Who knows I might like it. But as I said, dinner was the highlight of each day - new friends to share our memories of the day with as well as waiters who knew us by name and what we liked and didn't like each meal. Sigh!!

Quesion: Do we have to reserve all of our meals before the cruise if we are eating in the complimentary venues? Or do we just need to reserve for dinner? Or can we wing it as we go? I know you need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants. I really hate the idea of making all of these decisions ahead of time. Personally I loved the MDR and the friendships that were built while eating dinner together with the same people each night. We booked this cruise before we knew of the change. I admit I am a bit disappointed but I will try to make the best of it. Who knows I might like it. But as I said, dinner was the highlight of each day - new friends to share our memories of the day with as well as waiters who knew us by name and what we liked and didn't like each meal. Sigh!!

Just dinner. Doing this ahead will ensure that you have a table at the time you want on the day that you want.:)

Got the answer to my grats question.

RCCL are currently removing grats from Quantum & Anthem bookings.

You can still prepay if you wish or you can wait for them to be added to your onboard account.

Didn't take long to get your answer.

Now I wonder if they will remove the mandatory prepaid grats for MTD and switch that to adding them daily to your seapass for the other ships.

Didn't take long to get your answer.

Now I wonder if they will remove the mandatory prepaid grats for MTD and switch that to adding them daily to your seapass for the other ships.

I just asked my US TA to call RCCL and ask about the grats...they said they were currently removing them and that was it.

But they will still have MTD on all the other ships so I am guessing they won't change the pre pay grats set up on them.

Devin's Solarium Bistro - Breakfast Complimentary - Lunch $10 - Dinner $20pp

Jamie's Italian - Lunch $15pp - Dinner $25pp

Chops - Dinner $35pp

Wonderland -Dinner $45pp

Chef's Table - Dinner $89pp

Thanks Liz for the Prices of restaurants.. I did not see them on website

Lidia

Overall I thought the Hangout went well. Good job all!

They seemed to ask most of the tough questions (and generally got answers). There was definitely a lack of pressure/follow-up, but it's the CFO! So I'm okay with that!

I'm a bit more excited for what's to come!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today's Google Hangout Event with Adam Goldstein and our own Managing Editor, Colleen McDaniel.

Enjoy!

wDQOLrbxuBM

Would like to thank Cruise Critic's Colleen McDaniel for the great job hosting the first ever Google Hangout by RCI. It was an honor and privilege in being one of the panelists selected to participate.

It was a fun experience, exciting and I was a bit nervous but once it started I was good to go :)

Looking forward to my Quantum inaugural sailing on Nov 23 and to experience Dynamic Dining for myself and to report back to CC :)

I just asked my US TA to call RCCL and ask about the grats...they said they were currently removing them and that was it.

But they will still have MTD on all the other ships so I am guessing they won't change the pre pay grats set up on them.

I just added my father in law onto our cruise and the prepaid grats were included where they weren't when I originally booked it open day.

Good question. They must have a separate lunch menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to look up the luncheon menu for American Icon and it gave me the same as dinner. Also, did a look-up by selecting complimentary venues and the Solarium Bistro came up for B, L & D.

How will it work if you want to link reservations to sit with others sailing in different cabins? Would everyone just make a reservation for the same time and when you show up, you would be seated together, or would you have to link confirmation numbers precruise like you do now for traditional seating?

In order to satisfy all guests’ preferences, we encourage guests to make restaurant reservations prior to their cruise. However, once onboard, guests will have the ability to make and edit reservations. We will continue to accommodate multiple guest reservations. Guests will be able to do this through a new planning and reservations tool available beginning on May 15th, 2014. You can find more commonly asked questions about Dynamic Dining here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

In order to satisfy all guests’ preferences, we encourage guests to make restaurant reservations prior to their cruise. However, once onboard, guests will have the ability to make and edit reservations. We will continue to accommodate multiple guest reservations. Guests will be able to do this through a new planning and reservations tool available beginning on May 15th, 2014. You can find more commonly asked questions about Dynamic Dining here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

Whoever is in charge of this account either needs to be empowered by RCI to do more then just quote the FAQ or go way. No offense to whoever is running the account I know you are just doing your job.

To the original question Adam said in the hangout yesterday the app used for booking would allow you to link up to 16 people in a single reservation. Seemed like it will be similar to how it is done for tradational dining now based on what he said

Edited by thatoneguyyouknow

Guest maddycat
Got the answer to my grats question.

RCCL are currently removing grats from Quantum & Anthem bookings.

You can still prepay if you wish or you can wait for them to be added to your onboard account.

That's good news. When we first booked the Quantum last May, we signed up for MTD so our gratuties were added to our invoice. We'll remove them and use our OBC to pay for them once onboard.

Hello, I have salt and diabetic restrictions. Before I would get the menu the night before but if I change restaurants every night or two how will this be handled? Do I go on TV in the morning and select for the night or what?

Hello, I have salt and diabetic restrictions. Before I would get the menu the night before but if I change restaurants every night or two how will this be handled? Do I go on TV in the morning and select for the night or what?

All of the menus are currently online and do not change from night to night or even cruise to cruise. If you need any more specialized food I would give RCCL a call and they can help you.

Menus can be found here. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/

Scroll down, click whatever restaurant you want to look at. Click "Visit this Restaurant" Then scroll down to see the menu.

In addition to each restaurants menu, there will also be an alternate standard menu available if nothing seems appetizing. (Beef, chicken, or a fish)

Hiya,

So if we were forced to pay grats up front when booking Anthem cruises, we can now take them off again and add them to our onboard seapass accounts?

Do we need to request this or will it just happen? Also if we don't pay up front now, they are automatically added to seapass accounts on board is that correct?