Official Quantum Culinary News

Last year Royal Caribbean announced - Ocean Voyages, they said there would be a Masquerade Party on Quantum ..sounds fab..but with this new Dynamic Dining I would like to know if this event will still take place and how will it work with guests having dinner at different times ?

We like to share our table each night, as a way of meeting new people on the cruises we go on. If/when we make reservations, is there the ability to indicate that you want to share the table or is that now gone?

Yes. Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our suite guests (Junior Suite and above).

Thanks.

Oh great, my son and his girlfriend can eat in there on the 11/23 Inaugural as they have a Spa JS but I have an ordinary balcony so I guess it will be dining solo again for me elsewhere .:(

Last year Royal Caribbean announced - Ocean Voyages, they said there would be a Masquerade Party on Quantum ..sounds fab..but with this new Dynamic Dining I would like to know if this event will still take place and how will it work with guests having dinner at different times ?

I'm also wondering, with no formal nights, will there still be a Captain's reception?

I wonder when all the C&A parties will be. I'd hate to schedule dinner four months in advance at The Grande, only to discover once on board, that my dinner is the same exact time as the top tier event and then I have to scramble to get new reservations.

Thanks for your question. Many of our ships have already been enhanced to include new dining options, and several more ship enhancements are scheduled for 2014 and 2015. You can check out our fleet-wide revitalization program to learn more about exciting new enhancements coming to your favorite Royal Caribbean ships here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

So that's a no then to any changes or tweaks in line with the concepts being discussed here. That's a shame I would love to have seen something similar on Indy for my transatlantic in

Nov.

It's going to be confusing for new guests when they see marketing for these ships, but maybe end up on oasis / freedom class and the main dining is very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So that's a no then to any changes or tweaks in line with the concepts being discussed here. That's a shame I would love to have seen something similar on Indy for my transatlantic in

Nov.

It's going to be confusing for new guests when they see marketing for these ships, but maybe end up on oasis / freedom class and the main dining is very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm happy that the rest of the fleet will keep traditional dining. The new concept on Quantum is great, but it's certainly not for everyone and Royal wouldn't want to alienate a core group of cruisers.

Besides, it would cost a large fortune to remove the MDR on the other ships, and turn it into something Quantum-esque.

I'm also wondering, with no formal nights, will there still be a Captain's reception?

I wonder when all the C&A parties will be. I'd hate to schedule dinner four months in advance at The Grande, only to discover once on board, that my dinner is the same exact time as the top tier event and then I have to scramble to get new reservations.

Hello,

There will not be a set Formal Night, however, guests who prefer a more formal experience should dine at The Grande, where every night is formal night.

1) Will coastal kitchen be available to Pinnacle Club members and can they invite their family to dine with them who are non suite?

2) Will the concierge lounge, like the ones on oasis/allure, serve breakfast and lunch or is this being replaced by California Coastal?

I have 2 cruises booked on the Quantum. Could you tell me if there will be any options for solo's to be able to dine with others? I hate eating dinner alone, and will probably cancel if that isn't an option. Also will the Spa Junior Suite be included to dine in the Coastal Kitchen?

Hello,

Absolutely. Solo guests can be accommodated by the restaurant onboard as you are seated. Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our suite guests (Junior Suite and above). Thanks for your questions.

How will those who follow special diets be accommodated? Specifically, I follow a vegan diet- will there be options for me at most of the dining venues?

Thank you!

Edited to add: Oops! I just saw a previous Q&A about allergies, which pretty much answered my question. But I'm still concerned that the process won't be as smooth as it currently is, especially when I'm traveling with others who don't have any dietary restrictions. I'd also like to be able to share in some of the spontaneity and selection!

Edited by happy trailer

How will those who follow special diets be accommodated? Specifically, I follow a vegan diet- will there be options for me at most of the dining venues?

Thank you!

Hello,

You can view the menus for each restaurant on RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining, or you can request the Quantum Culinary Guide available through your Travel Professional.

As on all of our ships, Quantum is happy to assist guests with special dietary needs. Prior to your sailing, we recommend that you call our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice), send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com, or have your local travel agent contact us for more information.

Thank you everyone for your questions tonight! We look forward to sharing more details with you as Quantum moves closer to its launch date.

Make sure to check out tomorrow's Google Hangout with CEO Adam Goldstein, where he will be able to answer more of your questions: https://plus.google.com/events/c1r2obo2lrblgkua09mj0p3au20

Have a great night.