Official Quantum Culinary News

I love the ideaof this new concept however will these restaurants be large enough to accommodate the volume of passengers? If I have made pre reservations for one restaurant but on that day I feel I want to try a different restaurant will I be able to change my reservation?

Louise

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Royal says "Give guests more options, more flexibility and more control over their dining experience", but in reality it's less options, less flexibility and maybe more controle (depening if the restaurant booking made months to a year in advance is to ones liking at the time of dining).

I forgot something "more" they gave us is that dining (and the total cruise cost) now will cost "more"!

Well I've heard so many funny things today so I have to say thank you to Royal for the laughs.

So it's back to Celebrity, Radiance class or the on paper very interesting P&O Britannia.

I love the ideaof this new concept however will these restaurants be large enough to accommodate the volume of passengers? If I have made pre reservations for one restaurant but on that day I feel I want to try a different restaurant will I be able to change my reservation?

Louise

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Hi Louise,

Yes, the 18 specialty restaurants with the five complimentary main restaurants can accommodate the total number of guests onboard. You will also be able to make and edit reservations once onboard.

I know that Norwegian lets you make standing reservations for the same table, same time, same dining room every night for those who enjoy having the same tablemates and wait staff. With the new dining program, does Royal Caribbean plan to offer this option as well?

What's the deal with lobster. I see that the Fisherman's platter in The Grande doesn't include lobster any more and that there is an up charge lobster available. Is there complementary lobster available in any of the venues?

I am also very confused as to how the whole day's schedule played out. There was a reveal from 1-3 but barely any news came out at that time, now at 6:30 everyone is "live blogging about it with photos stating "live reveal about to start" and "can't wait to learn about dynamic dining in a few minutes". My question is, is there an actual LIVE presentation going on right now that we will get the video of tomorrow, or was it actually 1-3 yet everyone is pretending that it is happening now. Please explain, Thanks!!!

Hello,

There is a live event going on right now but it will not be broadcast. However, tomorrow there will be a Google Hangout with our CEO Adam Goldstein you can join where he will answer questions about the new Dynamic Dining experience. You can sign up here: https://plus.google.com/events/c1r2obo2lrblgkua09mj0p3au20

Love the new concept and the menus look fantastic.

One question.

How will the dining rooms now manage guests with allergies. Previously in the MDR we had our head waiter as a contact who looked out for our needs. The next days menu was presented at the end of dinner and orders were placed for the following evening so that the chefs could be ready for and have the meals prepared.

Thank you.

What's the deal with lobster. I see that the Fisherman's platter in The Grande doesn't include lobster any more and that there is an up charge lobster available. Is there complementary lobster available in any of the venues?

Check out the American Icon Grill. Maine lobster and Ribeye.:)

Steak and lobster every night.

I know that Norwegian lets you make standing reservations for the same table, same time, same dining room every night for those who enjoy having the same tablemates and wait staff. With the new dining program, does Royal Caribbean plan to offer this option as well?

The wait staff on Quantum is dedicated to a specific restaurant – “venue experts.” If you would like to have the same waiter every night you are encouraged to dine at the same restaurant, but we recommend that guests experience a different restaurant each night.

Are there any plans to alter/tweak dining on existing ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's the question I'm now asking myself. I know other CC members have had dynamic dining emails for ships, eg serenade

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That helps a lot, thank you very much! To clarify from what I have read, Coastal Kitchen, 1 of the 5 restaurants, is only for Suite Guests, and therefore is not technically accommodating to 100% of the total guests. Unless this info I read is incorrect and it is in fact complementary to everyone, which would be great!

I also want to say how great it is to have an RCI rep on these boards to straighten out rumors! Thanks again

Those booked in JS cabins can also enjoy Coastal Kitchen.

My husband is currently going through and looking at all the menus for each dining venue. For someone who is quite casual about what he eats, he is very impressed with what is being offered and is making a list of what restaurants to book when reservations are opened. Thank you RCI for making the dining experience on board just a little more unique.:)

That's the question I'm now asking myself. I know other CC members have had dynamic dining emails for ships, eg serenade

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm really hopeful they will, this type

of concept is much more appealing to me. I almost booked anthem transatlantic but waited a couple of days to check with my partner and the price shot up by 2k so now it's too expensive, kicking myself now, should have just booked.

Love the new concept and the menus look fantastic.

One question.

How will the dining rooms now manage guests with allergies. Previously in the MDR we had our head waiter as a contact who looked out for our needs. The next days menu was presented at the end of dinner and orders were placed for the following evening so that the chefs could be ready for and have the meals prepared.

Thank you.

Hi Ken,

You can view the menus for each restaurant on RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining, or you can request the Quantum Culinary Guide available through your Travel Professional.

As on all of our ships, Quantum is happy to assist guests with special dietary needs. Prior to your sailing, we recommend that you call our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice), send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com, or have your local travel agent contact us for more information.

I have 2 cruises booked on the Quantum. Could you tell me if there will be any options for solo's to be able to dine with others? I hate eating dinner alone, and will probably cancel if that isn't an option. Also will the Spa Junior Suite be included to dine in the Coastal Kitchen?

Slightly off topic but Quantum related: when will the Quantum schedule for May 2015 and beyond open for booking? Maybe of us have been waiting for quite a while.

Hi there,

We look forward to continue to share more details about Quantum as they become available. Please continue to check back on Royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas for the most up to date information. Thanks for your question.

Are there any plans to alter/tweak dining on existing ships?

Thanks for your question. Many of our ships have already been enhanced to include new dining options, and several more ship enhancements are scheduled for 2014 and 2015. You can check out our fleet-wide revitalization program to learn more about exciting new enhancements coming to your favorite Royal Caribbean ships here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

I spotted the menus quite by accident while exploring future cruises. They look good and especially the Grande and American Icon. A couple of questions:

1. I love a pasta dish as an appetizer and I don't see any on the menu with the traditional Italian red gravy/sauce unless I go to the Specialty restaurant. Will I be able to request in any of the above mentioned restaurants?

2. American Icon has "surf & turf" everynite on the menu. If it becomes popular I'm hoping it does not go the way of "escargots" which were on the menu, but not available because of shortages.