Official Quantum Culinary News

At the NYC Quantum Dining preview today the food from the various restaurants was terrific. Still, I think the dinner experience will be different with 5 400 seat dining rooms in lieu of 1 grand dining room. Different is not necessarily bad. Too soon to tell. The problem will be if one restaurant is much more popular then the rest. There was no mention of priority dining reservations for C&A members.

What was the 5th dining room. There were 2 on deck 3 and 2 on deck 4.

Royal Caribbean has reimagined the culinary experience at sea. This is the official thread to learn more about extraordinary dining experiences that will soon be introduced on Quantum class when she debuts in November. Here’s where Royal Caribbean will share the latest culinary news for Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas as it becomes available, and where you can share your thoughts and questions with us. We will be ready to answer your questions after 6:30PM EST today when our official announcement is made. It is our commitment to try to answer all questions as promptly as possible.

For even more information, join us for a live Google Hangout with Adam Goldstein, CEO and President of Royal Caribbean and Colleen McDaniel, Editor of CruiseCritic.com, taking place March 27th @ 1:30PM EST.

Thank your for starting the culinary experience thread as I will be on the first sailing from Southampton to NJ so we will not be able to get any info from someone who has experience it yet, we will be the first ones to be doing it on this ship...

The Grande Restaurant...Bacon Roasted Scallops & Chicken A L'orange

American Icon Grill...Reuben Turnover & New England Clam Chowder

Silk...Saigon Shrimp & Szechuan Beef Short Ribs

Chic....Potato Crusted Black Cod & Mint Crusted Lamb Chops

Coastal Kitchen...Golden Beet Salad & Grilles Vegetable Flat Bread

Wonderland...Wasabi & Apple Smoke Crisp, Chocolate Olive Fizz in Clear Wrapper, Sweet & Sour Bonito Bacon and Vanishing Noodles

Wonderland...Wasabi & Apple Smoke Crisp, Chocolate Olive Fizz in Clear Wrapper, Sweet & Sour Bonito Bacon and Vanishing Noodles

I'll take one of each!!!

What was the 5th dining room. There were 2 on deck 3 and 2 on deck 4.

CruiseBoys listed the 5 out already above. Really 6 with Wonderland. They didn't mention the onboard locations. 18 dining options in total they say.

Edited by WmFoster

Are these samples or on the day's menu--if so, I will be very disappointed.

The first 5 Restaurants above will be complimentary and replace the MDR. Prices for the specialty restaurants were not give out but I did ask the price of Wonderlust and was told, as of now approx. $45pp. Food was good and plentiful.

The American Icon Grill will be open 24/7 for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner.

Silk--dinner only

Chic--dinner only

Grande--dinner only

Coastal Kitchen--BL & D

Wonderland--dinner only $$$

Jamie's Italian--Lunch & Dinner $$

Michael's Genuine Pub--Lunch and Dinner ,a la carte $

Was told the new dining reservation system would open up on May 15. When your making dining reservations, you'll be able to cross reference all show times.

Spoke to a PR rep and she said Anthem's deck plans were on-line and Quantum would be the same, but as of now, I do not see any additional deck info on Anthem on-line

A goody bag was given out when you were leaving along with a bottle of Beringer's Quantum wine from Napa inside an insulated "Quantum of the Seas" imprinted wine tote. Cost of wine is upwards of $50. So anyone that was there and received a bottle of wine, it is not cheap wine. Goody bag had a small box of chocolate and 2 brochures. One brochure was on each of the restaurants noted above along with additional selection of food. Other brochure was pictures of Quantum, but nothing on their deck plans.

I was able to take a menu of Jamie's Italian.

Tonight the media will attend. Big bucks was spent on this event.

Good time by all and we felt very fortunate to be invited, thank you RCI.

It’s finally here! We’re thrilled to announce Dynamic Dining aboard Quantum of the Seas. Quantum’s Dynamic Dining experience encompasses 18 unique dining venues, including a new take on the main dining room, which has been reimagined into five complimentary main restaurants, each with their own distinct ambiance. The new philosophy is simple: Give guests more options, more flexibility and more control over their dining experience.

You can learn all about Dynamic Dining at http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/dynamicdining. We also will be happy to take any of your questions about Dynamic Dining on this thread. We’re excited to hear from you!

I will hopefully be able to try this one day because it sounds great! Quick question: How will you educate people (not on CC) on the differences between Dynamic Dining and NCL's Freestyle Cruising and how this is different and better than what NCL does now. Thank you very much!

Sounds outstanding.

Something that always interests me is the "longevity" of a brand. I think it is safe to say that a dining model centered around set tables, set times, set waiters, and set menus is not sustainable in today's cruise industry.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the comparison to NCL's Freestyle, particularly on their newest ships. While the selection of specialty restaurants is slightly different, the idea is the same -- and it's a good idea! Congratulations to Royal Caribbean for quickly adapting to the next generation of cruising.

(Just browsed the menus. They look good -- but I'm still not a fan of the up-charge "premium selections." Seems kind of tacky.)

A question for the Royal Caribbean officials: Will menus at the four complimentary dining rooms change every night, or will it be a consistent, set menu?

Edited by hscruiser

I will hopefully be able to try this one day because it sounds great! Quick question: How will you educate people (not on CC) on the differences between Dynamic Dining and NCL's Freestyle Cruising and how this is different and better than what NCL does now. Thank you very much!

Hi there, thanks for your question. Dynamic Dining offers guests a variety and selection of 18 various restaurants with five complimentary main restaurant concepts that can accommodate 100% of the total guests onboard. Guests have full control to choose where, when, and with whom they wish to dine, all made possible by a state-of-the art-planning and reservations tool. With Dynamic Dining, Royal Caribbean is also proud to announce partnerships with three award-winning chefs on Quantum class ships. Hope that helps.

I am also very confused as to how the whole day's schedule played out. There was a reveal from 1-3 but barely any news came out at that time, now at 6:30 everyone is "live blogging about it with photos stating "live reveal about to start" and "can't wait to learn about dynamic dining in a few minutes". My question is, is there an actual LIVE presentation going on right now that we will get the video of tomorrow, or was it actually 1-3 yet everyone is pretending that it is happening now. Please explain, Thanks!!!

Hi there, thanks for your question. Dynamic Dining offers guests a variety and selection of 18 various restaurants with five complimentary main restaurant concepts that can accommodate 100% of the total guests onboard. Guests have full control to choose where, when, and with whom they wish to dine, all made possible by a state-of-the art-planning and reservations tool. With Dynamic Dining, Royal Caribbean is also proud to announce partnerships with three award-winning chefs on Quantum class ships. Hope that helps.

Will the menus be displayed so we can figure out which place we would like to eat at that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmmm, the new dining MIGHT be interesting, depending on who I can find to cruise with in a few years. I don't see this working for me on a solo cruise though (about 50% of my cruises are solo).

I'll wait and see what people think over the next couple years, just like I did for the Allure. By the time I'm ready to book an Anthem cruise (no desire to sail out of NJ on Quantum), I'm sure the reviews will be plentiful on CC and I can go on a cruise with much more knowledge than the guinea pigs on the Quantum inaugural :D

Sounds outstanding.

Something that always interests me is the "longevity" of a brand. I think it is safe to say that a dining model centered around set tables, set times, set waiters, and set menus is not sustainable in today's cruise industry.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the comparison to NCL's Freestyle, particularly on their newest ships. While the selection of specialty restaurants is slightly different, the idea is the same -- and it's a good idea! Congratulations to Royal Caribbean for quickly adapting to the next generation of cruising.

A question for the Royal Caribbean officials: Will menus at the four complimentary dining rooms change every night, or will it be a consistent, set menu?

Thanks for your support. Each restaurant has its own distinctive menu and ambiance that remains consistent throughout the sailing. However, guests can certainly experience different selections off the menu each night.

That helps a lot, thank you very much! To clarify from what I have read, Coastal Kitchen, 1 of the 5 restaurants, is only for Suite Guests, and therefore is not technically accommodating to 100% of the total guests. Unless this info I read is incorrect and it is in fact complementary to everyone, which would be great!

I also want to say how great it is to have an RCI rep on these boards to straighten out rumors! Thanks again

Will the menus be displayed so we can figure out which place we would like to eat at that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello, The menus for each restaurant can be found on RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining, or you can request the Quantum Culinary Guide available through your Travel Professional.