Official Quantum Culinary News

I wonder how grats will work with this dynamic dining ?:confused:

I assume we will all have to prepay, but this is yet another good question to bring up at the Google Hangout for those who are participating!

Edited by Dave85

I wonder how grats will work with this dynamic dining ?:confused:

Everyone prepays. I feel sorry for the waiters though. When I have a good waiter for the week, I give a little extra the last night. I think they are going to miss out on the extras.

I assume we will all have to prepay, but this is yet another good question to bring up at the Google Hangout for those who are participating!

I have never ever pre paid my grats.

If you are eat in the 4 different dining rooms then you will have 4 different servers so not sure how this will work :confused:

Hopefully someone will ask tomorrow.

Menus look good, food pics look great, dining room pics look great but unless I pay extra I now have 4 Main dining rooms to eat at, dont get to have the same staff every night and have to think ahead where and when to eat and hope that it never runs into a show I want to see. Will give it an open mind but we love to have the same staff every night, meeting new people at dinner and not knowing the menu until I sit down.

I have never ever pre paid my grats.

If you are eat in the 4 different dining rooms then you will have 4 different servers so not sure how this will work :confused:

Hopefully someone will ask tomorrow.

It will work just as it does now for those that prepay their gratuities.

Effective March 1, 2013

To simplify the service recognition process, Royal Caribbean automatically adds a $12.00 USD gratuity ($14.25 USD for Suite Guests) to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis.

This gratuity is shared by Dining Services Staff Stateroom Attendants and other Housekeeping Services Personnel ($1.35) that work to enhance your cruise. The daily automatic gratuity amounts are recommended and are based on customary industry standards.

$6.80 Dining Service

$3.85 Stateroom Attendant……………)$7.45 for GS and Above

$1.35 Other Housekeeping Personnel…)

$12.00 ($14.25 for GS and above)

The amount paid by each guest is channeled to the above departments and then paid out to each person that serves you during your cruise. Dining Room Service will cover the Waiter, Assistant Waiter and Head Waiter no matter what venue you chose to dine in.

Edited by cruisenfever

It will work just as it does now for those that prepay their gratuities.

But if on 8 night cruise you visit 4 "free" dining rooms twice then you could in effect have 8 different waiters & 8 different assistant waiters and 4 different head waiters. But you will be paying only one set of grats...so if you have 8 waiters/assit waiters/head waiters do they then only get an eighth each of what you paid ?

I hope I am making sense here :(

so if you have 8 waiters/assit waiters/head waiters do they then only get an eighth each of what you paid ?

Functionally, yes. But when 8 guests each pay 1/8th gratuity to 8 different waiters, then each waiter ends up with 1 entire gratuity.

Don't worry about the gratuities, that part is all covered. It's everything else that will be problematic.

I find it interesting that Johnny Rockets is listed as A La Carte instead of a single charge. Does this mean that they will price each thing individually instead of a single cover charge?

Because Solarium Bistro is listed as $$, but with no A La Carte.

So is Johnny Rockets going to be priced per item?

Functionally, yes. But when 8 guests each pay 1/8th gratuity to 8 different waiters, then each waiter ends up with 1 entire gratuity.

Don't worry about the gratuities, that part is all covered. It's everything else that will be problematic.

Thanks.

I do wonder what will happen to those of us who were not told we had to pre pay our grats when we booked...can they really turn round and say..sorry but you now need to pay X amount if you want to cruise on Quantum :confused:

How will it work if you want to link reservations to sit with others sailing in different cabins? Would everyone just make a reservation for the same time and when you show up, you would be seated together, or would you have to link confirmation numbers precruise like you do now for traditional seating?

Thanks.

I do wonder what will happen to those of us who were not told we had to pre pay our grats when we booked...can they really turn round and say..sorry but you now need to pay X amount if you want to cruise on Quantum :confused:

I would have assumed that it would be the same as now with traditional dining. $12 a day charged to your seapass card.

Quite frankly the mandatory grats paid up front is a holdover from before they did the auto charge to your seapass. I don't think there will be anyone paying gratuities up front on the Quantum or Anthem.

How RCI chooses to distribute Them to those working on board is between them and the employees. If an employee absolutely WOWs me then they will get something extra, if not then I don't give the gratuities a second thought.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I would have assumed that it would be the same as now with traditional dining. $12 a day charged to your seapass card.

Quite frankly the mandatory grats paid up front is a holdover from before they did the auto charge to your seapass. I don't think there will be anyone paying gratuities up front on the Quantum or Anthem.

With one of our Quantum sailings reservations the grats were added on ...no choice in the matter..but with the other one then no grats added. We did not choose MTD on either sailing.

Also anyone who booked Anthem...grats were added on automatically.

Oh well I guess it will all be sorted out soon enough.

Thanks.

Oh great, my son and his girlfriend can eat in there on the 11/23 Inaugural as they have a Spa JS but I have an ordinary balcony so I guess it will be dining solo again for me elsewhere .:(

Are you on the same cruise? (It looks like it from your countdowns.) The FAQs on Royal's site say suite guests can bring guests into Coastal Kitchen. :) The first FAQ on the second page of them says something like "suite guests and their guests."

Are you on the same cruise? (It looks like it from your countdowns.) The FAQs on Royal's site say suite guests can bring guests into Coastal Kitchen. :) The first FAQ on the second page of them says something like "suite guests and their guests."

Thanks :D I didn't notice this bit until you mentioned it -

Q: Who can dine at Coastal Kitchen?

A: Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our top suite residents (Grand Suite and above) and their guests.

(Although the Royal Caribbean person on here said it is JS and above not GS)

Here's the direct quote from the faq:

A: Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our top suite residents (Grand Suite and above) and their guests

Here's the faq link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

I find it interesting that Johnny Rockets is listed as A La Carte instead of a single charge. Does this mean that they will price each thing individually instead of a single cover charge?

Because Solarium Bistro is listed as $$, but with no A La Carte.

So is Johnny Rockets going to be priced per item?

***THIS

Does anyone know? Can someone please ask tomorrow? I love Johnny Rockets and the $5 cover. If you now have to pay per item, I will be severely disappointed.

Perhaps it says a la carte because the milkshakes are extra?

Is anything changing with Johnny Rockets?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Menus look good, food pics look great, dining room pics look great but unless I pay extra I now have 4 Main dining rooms to eat at, dont get to have the same staff every night and have to think ahead where and when to eat and hope that it never runs into a show I want to see. Will give it an open mind but we love to have the same staff every night, meeting new people at dinner and not knowing the menu until I sit down.

Menus look good,

I am having problems finding the menus for these venues. Could someone please post a link?

Thanks :D I didn't notice this bit until you mentioned it -

A: Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our top suite residents (Grand Suite and above) and their guests.

(Although the Royal Caribbean person on here said it is JS and above not GS)

Looks like we cross-posted. :) I saw the debate about the JS vs GS. I don't care who can come in, as long as I can bring guests! We're sailing with a couple in another suite and also a couple in a balcony cabin, and it's going to be very awkward if 2 of our party can't come eat with the other 4 of us (in which case we'd probably just skip coastal kitchen, but it looks really good).

Menus look good,

I am having problems finding the menus for these venues. Could someone please post a link?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/?icid=qntm_n_wrnssn_qnt_hm_cntntr_8179

***THIS

Does anyone know? Can someone please ask tomorrow? I love Johnny Rockets and the $5 cover. If you now have to pay per item, I will be severely disappointed.

Perhaps it says a la carte because the milkshakes are extra?

Is anything changing with Johnny Rockets?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like they won't be serving breakfast either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With one of our Quantum sailings reservations the grats were added on ...no choice in the matter..but with the other one then no grats added. We did not choose MTD on either sailing.

Also anyone who booked Anthem...grats were added on automatically.

Oh well I guess it will all be sorted out soon enough.

Interesting. Doesn't bother me one way or the other and actually could be of benefit to me as then I would end up paying in CDN $ instead of being charged in US $ on the cruise.

As you said we will know soon enough.