Official Quantum Culinary News

Will the extra charge specialty restaurants participate in the buy-one-get-one-free C&A coupons for C&A Diamond+/Pinnacle members?

BOGO coupons are currently offered for the first night only.

How about the dining discount for booking three specialty restaurants?

Thanks

Here's the direct quote from the faq:

Q: Who can dine at Coastal Kitchen?

A: Coastal Kitchen is exclusive to our top suite residents (Grand Suite and above) and their guests

Here's the faq link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

We were told that the answer to that particular question is incorrect in the FAQ. JS cabins are listed in the description of the restaurant.

Edited by cruisenfever

We were told that the answer to that particular question is incorrect in the FAQ. JS cabins are listed in the description of the restaurant.

Yeah, that way the big advertising video RCCL has on their website can be slightly less egregious for saying there are 5 complimentary dining rooms.

How can Royal take so much time preparing for this reveal with all the secrecy and not have answers to some of the basic questions pre-prepared.

Also, does any one have an answer on Johnny Rockets? Are they changing how that works or does the "A La Carte" only apply to the shakes as it has in the past

I just really wanted more clarity from this reveal and I think there are just so many unanswered questions (beyond my single stupid JR's question - which I would like to know).

Not so much disappointed in the announcement as in how it was handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, that way the big advertising video RCCL has on their website can be slightly less egregious for saying there are 5 complimentary dining rooms.

How can Royal take so much time preparing for this reveal with all the secrecy and not have answers to some of the basic questions pre-prepared.

Also, does any one have an answer on Johnny Rockets? Are they changing how that works or does the "A La Carte" only apply to the shakes as it has in the past

I just really wanted more clarity from this reveal and I think there are just so many unanswered questions (beyond my single stupid JR's question - which I would like to know).

Not so much disappointed in the announcement as in how it was handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then you can ask your question(s) during today at 1:30 during the Google Chat.:D

It is defiantly an interesting concept. For me I am most surprised at the lack of Royal's current specialty restaurants onboard like, Samba Grille, Ritas/Sabor, and GT or Portifinios.

Will this be successful I don't know only time will tell. If you don't like this concept you still have 20 other ships on Royal to sail on with the traditional dining.

So let's get rid of the "gratuities" and just add $12/day to everyone's base cruise fare and be done with it. If you have to pre-pay, it's just part of your fare, don't break it out.

Heck, you could make it a perk - "no tipping required!"

With having to make the dinner reservations in advance, will there be any schedule listed in advance about what/where show times are so that we can plan accordingly and not have to rush through a meal or miss the beginning or end of one?

I posted this in another thread, but I think that the "complimentary" restaurants should be no reservation, like Blu on X. That's the only way I can see it working - who wants to make every single dining reservation months in advance? Especially if you're on a long cruise and/or a port-intensive one (like the Med) and you might change what you feel like during the course of the day - or the time you want to dine.

If they did it that way, it would make more sense and be possibly more manageable.

I also like the idea of a "central booking agent" where you can go when you're ready for dinner and find out which of the complimentary locations is available and able to take you immediately, or how long the waits are at any specific venue and give you a pager for that venue if you choose to wait.

The way I look at this whole thing is it could be great or it could end up as the world's biggest cluster you know what. My worry is how 4500 people are going to be accommodated. Yes, there are numerous dining venues but it's hard to say how the guests are going to spread amongst them. There are five complimentary restaurants serving dinner (not counting the buffet styles). Of those one is exclusive to suite guests who I'm sure are also going to want to try the other restaurants, and another is formal every night. I''m worried that on any given night there may be 2000 to 3000 people wanting to dine in one of the three remaining complimentary restaurants. Will they be able to handle such a demand or will people find themselves having to find other options that are not their primary choice? Time will certainly tell with this one, and I certainly hope it works out well.

The way I look at this whole thing is it could be great or it could end up as the world's biggest cluster you know what. My worry is how 4500 people are going to be accommodated. Yes, there are numerous dining venues but it's hard to say how the guests are going to spread amongst them. There are five complimentary restaurants serving dinner (not counting the buffet styles). Of those one is exclusive to suite guests who I'm sure are also going to want to try the other restaurants, and another is formal every night. I''m worried that on any given night there may be 2000 to 3000 people wanting to dine in one of the three remaining complimentary restaurants. Will they be able to handle such a demand or will people find themselves having to find other options that are not their primary choice? Time will certainly tell with this one, and I certainly hope it works out well.

Just my observations, but the dining patterns have changed over the last 5-10 years with many tables in the MDR being empty. Many times we've had large to middle tables and most of the times we were the only ones at our table. The Mediterranean was worse than the Carib. Paxs showing up late or not at all. Part of the problem is that Paxs eat at specialty restaurants, desire to eat in shorts or eat at the buffet. So I don't see it as a problem.

After watching the reveal I'm a little less concerned about capacity. They have 4 x400 and 1 x100 that are free. Even just including the 4 main rooms they can accommodate 3,200 people in just two seatings. With this new system I think they can probably get a third partial seating as well. Then you have all the for fee venues to fill out the rest. As well as the Windjammer which I'm sure many will be forced to since the MDR only has 4 menus.

Me too..especially if they've gone away from traditional MDR style dining how they are going to handle people with food allergies or intolerances.

We just saw the announcement and called to ask a range of questions and provide our feedback. This is definitely a concern because I have had challenges with it in the past even when we have the same dining staff every night. The associate we talked with did not seem to have answers regarding this particular issue, but did note that she would make note of it.

So let's get rid of the "gratuities" and just add $12/day to everyone's base cruise fare and be done with it. If you have to pre-pay, it's just part of your fare, don't break it out.

As far as this goes, I think they should call it a "service charge". It's a bit more accurate and mirrors the competition. I can see why they keep it separate from the fare (just as the port fees and taxes are also listed separately). I don't have a problem with them charging it onto the SeaPass account daily, although I've not done that yet as I've always prepaid mine in the past.

I also like the idea of a "central booking agent" where you can go when you're ready for dinner and find out which of the complimentary locations is available and able to take you immediately, or how long the waits are at any specific venue and give you a pager for that venue if you choose to wait.

You'll get a bit of an idea of how this works on Allure in October. The digital way-finders on Oasis and allure include a neat display of the restaurants onboard and their current occupancy. When you see that Windjammer is all the way in the red on its capacity meter, but Park Café is still in the green/yellow, you know where you should go to eat.

This doesn't give you the pager aspect, but still, getting that information in advance is quite valuable to short-term planning.

Edited by Daghis

It is defiantly an interesting concept. For me I am most surprised at the lack of Royal's current specialty restaurants onboard like, Samba Grille, Ritas/Sabor, and GT or Portifinios.

Will this be successful I don't know only time will tell. If you don't like this concept you still have 20 other ships on Royal to sail on with the traditional dining.

But only one that sails from the NY/NJ area for those not crazy about flying.

At the reveal, we were told that on the reservations page, they will have the show times listed so youn will know.

With having to make the dinner reservations in advance, will there be any schedule listed in advance about what/where show times are so that we can plan accordingly and not have to rush through a meal or miss the beginning or end of one?

At the reveal, we were told that on the reservations page, they will have the show times listed so youn will know.

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Not happy that sorretinos and cafe pomerade are now a fee. Why??? Will this be the same on the other ships

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Forums mobile app

Both still are free according to how I read the website.

As far as this goes, I think they should call it a "service charge". It's a bit more accurate and mirrors the competition. I can see why they keep it separate from the fare (just as the port fees and taxes are also listed separately). I don't have a problem with them charging it onto the SeaPass account daily, although I've not done that yet as I've always prepaid mine in the past.

Service charge is fine - but still, just charge it as part of the fare. Make life easier for everyone, IMO. :)

You'll get a bit of an idea of how this works on Allure in October. The digital way-finders on Oasis and allure include a neat display of the restaurants onboard and their current occupancy. When you see that Windjammer is all the way in the red on its capacity meter, but Park Café is still in the green/yellow, you know where you should go to eat.

This doesn't give you the pager aspect, but still, getting that information in advance is quite valuable to short-term planning.

Can we leave now? I know you just got home, but I'm soooooo ready to get away.

No not according to what I read yesterday

Pretty clear on the website.

Serving a variety of sandwiches, pastries and desserts 24 hours a day, Café Promenade is one of Royal Caribbean’s six complimentary and casual-service restaurants onboard Quantum of the SeasSM and Anthem of the SeasSM.

Dress: CASUAL

Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price: Complimentary

Sorrento’s is one of Royal Caribbean’s six complimentary and casual-service restaurants onboard Quantum of the SeasSM and Anthem of the SeasSM.

Dress: Casual

Meals Served: Lunch and DINNER

Price: Complimentary

No not according to what I read yesterday

Where? They are free as are on all their ships who have these establishment.

Ps. Sorrento's Pizza.

For all those who were concerned about not finding something you wanted, all complimentary restaurants will also have a classic standard menu choice.

This alleviates some of the "But all my group doesn't like......." posts.