Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Currently on Escape and heard that Richard Janicki will be replacing Sean as Hotel Director. I know that some people are always in the know about schedules, does this sound accurate or is it just a rumor?

Is Sean on the ship now? If not, when did he leave? Is there anyone you can ask? Is Errol Nelson on the ship?

How much does bowling cost? What about video games?

Thanks.

No idea on video games, but the bowling on the other away ships is $5 per person. Can't remember on the jewel class ships. They have real bowling alleys. The ones on the away class ships are smaller, but still kind of fun.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

"Oh no not again" Luxurious seafood at the buffet...!

11351786_1648403885413356_2052215034_n.jpg

Turns out:

"#seafoodbuffet available once a week at the Garden Cafe Buffet only on the #norwegianescape. #mainelobster #kingcrablegs #mussels and more."

Others asked:

"is it a lunch buffet?"

"What day?"

Poster said: "No dinner it depends need to check the particular week you will not know until you are on board."

Just docked in St. Thomas! I've been having a blast so far.

As far as arcade games, can't speak for all of them, but skiball near O'Sheehan's is $1 per game. I may have played it a few times...

Went to see For The Record last night. It was so awesome, my new friend and I both said we were tempted to book it for a second time. Phenomenal cast and show. Highly recommended.

Edited by dreamr

Regarding your spa pass, upon boarding, go to the Mandara spa and give them your card. They will look you up, verify that you do indeed have the pass, and they will place a sticker on the back of your card. We were also in a non-spa balcony during the TA, and this was the process.

Each time you visit the spa, you will simply walk up to the right side of the check-in desk, give them your card, and in return they will give you an access card to open the main door to the spa/fitness area. Super easy process!

Happy Sailing!

Thank you for the information. I bought the spa pass for a December cruise and was wondering how they coded you.

Quick question: would you happen to know the hours of operation? Did they vary on port days and sea days? Thanks! [emoji4]

Thank you for the information. I bought the spa pass for a December cruise and was wondering how they coded you.

Quick question: would you happen to know the hours of operation? Did they vary on port days and sea days? Thanks! [emoji4]

The hours were 8am to 10pm. Because we were on the TransAtlantic there were no port days, and they operated with full hours each day. We also had the pass on other NCL cruises and they maintain the same full hours even on port days.

Enjoy your sailing! Beautiful ship, and I'll be happy to hear when all the kinks are worked out!

Just a few random tidbits.

They are advertising complimentary All-You-Can-Eat Prime Rib night in O'Sheehan's again. This will be the second time this cruise.

Sunday Night was AYCE Seafood Basket. I didn't have it, but when I asked what was included, I was told fish, calamari, and...either shrimp or clams (or maybe both, I can't remember).

Monday night was AYCE Spare Ribs.

In "For The Record," the "whole shrimp" was not served. I'm glad, since I'm not sure I would have eaten it. lol

Edited by dreamr

They are currently doing a lifeboat drill. The entire crew is gathered right below my balcony. This is fascinating! :D

Wish I knew how to upload a pic on my phone. Oh well, I'll post them in my post-cruise review! :)

They are advertising complimentary All-You-Can-Eat Prime Rib night in O'Sheehan's again. This will be the second time this cruise.

Sunday Night was AYCE Seafood Basket. I didn't have it, but when I asked what was included, I was told fish, calamari, and...either shrimp or clams (or maybe both, I can't remember).

Monday night was AYCE Spare Ribs.

An "All-You-Can-Eat" special in a free restaurant seems a bit... redundant :p but glad to see that they offer it anyway. Would be interesting to compare the prime rib in O'Sheehan's with the extra-charge prime rib in the main dining rooms.

Edited by [g]cruiserke
Typo

I could be wrong, of course, but my guess is that the reason for having the optional upcharge items in the MDRs is to keep diners more spread out, not to "take away a previously complimentary item". With all of the people who have UDP/SDP, I could imagine NCL is trying to keep the specialty restaurants from being overrun.

"You want lobster? Here, you can order it in the MDR. No need to go to Cagney's just for lobster."

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I'm not going to demonize NCL just yet.

As for quality, I haven't eaten any of it, so I can't say, but I'd assume the one you pay more for would be bigger, better quality pieces and I don't see anything wrong with that. I wouldn't expect my complimentary food to be the same size and quality as someone's who is paying an extra $20. *shrug*

I could be wrong, of course, but my guess is that the reason for having the optional upcharge items in the MDRs is to keep diners more spread out, not to "take away a previously complimentary item". With all of the people who have UDP/SDP, I could imagine NCL is trying to keep the specialty restaurants from being overrun.

"You want lobster? Here, you can order it in the MDR. No need to go to Cagney's just for lobster."

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I'm not going to demonize NCL just yet.

As for quality, I haven't eaten any of it, so I can't say, but I'd assume the one you pay more for would be bigger, better quality pieces and I don't see anything wrong with that. I wouldn't expect my complimentary food to be the same size and quality as someone's who is paying an extra $20. *shrug*

I tend to agree with this. You can still get the normal fare that is offered in the MDR, but now you can order Specialty restaurant food without having to pay to get in to them.

Definitely going to want to read your review! What is your stateroom category?