Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

If its like the ones at the water park here, there are, but they just set up lights at the control console. If the operator isn't paying attention, can still release.

Equipment / software failure?? I believe there are sensors throughout the slide to prevent this. I hope everyone was okay!

If someone is in the Haven on deck 18 is there an elevator there to take them down to deck 17 or any other lower decks or do they need to take the stairs to deck 17 and then take an elevator.

The deck plans show an elevator on deck 17 right outside of the Haven, however, when one looks at deck 18 there is no elevator - which makes me think those on deck 18 need to use the stairs to get to an elevator since there is not one on deck 18 but is one on deck 17. If that's the case, and I might be totally wrong that it is the case, why would there be a HC cabin on deck 18. And... the HC cabin on deck 17 would need to use the stairs to get to the Haven restaurant?

Anyone been in the Haven that can enlighten me?

Thanks!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

If someone is in the Haven on deck 18 is there an elevator there to take them down to deck 17 or any other lower decks or do they need to take the stairs to deck 17 and then take an elevator. Harriet

Elevators go all the way up. All of the large ships (BA, GA, Escape, Epic) have a very, very annoying elevator configuration where on certain elevators go to all floors. Call buttons on different sides of the elevator lobby call different sets of elevators. How to pick the "right" elevator call button is explained when you board.

Elevators go all the way up. All of the large ships (BA, GA, Escape, Epic) have a very, very annoying elevator configuration where on certain elevators go to all floors. Call buttons on different sides of the elevator lobby call different sets of elevators. How to pick the "right" elevator call button is explained when you board.

Thank you. Still, when I look at deck 18 I only see stairs!

But I'll take your word for it :)

Harriet

If someone is in the Haven on deck 18 is there an elevator there to take them down to deck 17 or any other lower decks or do they need to take the stairs to deck 17 and then take an elevator.

The deck plans show an elevator on deck 17 right outside of the Haven, however, when one looks at deck 18 there is no elevator - which makes me think those on deck 18 need to use the stairs to get to an elevator since there is not one on deck 18 but is one on deck 17. If that's the case, and I might be totally wrong that it is the case, why would there be a HC cabin on deck 18. And... the HC cabin on deck 17 would need to use the stairs to get to the Haven restaurant?

Thanks!

Harriet

Harriet,

Thanks for bringing this back up. I asked the same question a couple of months back and because none of the folks that had been aboard were able to talk, I was going to have to wait until revenue cruises started. As we've noted, the elevator rank lifts don't seem to go to deck 18 according to the deck plans. One thing I've seen since paying passengers have uploaded videos, is that there is for sure and elevator from 17 to 18 that's located at the back of the spiral staircase between the Haven Lounge and the Haven Restaurant. This elevator seems large enough to accommodate HC passengers, so even if the the elevator rank lifts stop at 17, there is still a way do get to 18 without using stairs. I am hoping though that at least one of the elevator rank lifts go all the way to 18.

Harriet,

Thanks for bringing this back up. I asked the same question a couple of months back and because none of the folks that had been aboard were able to talk, I was going to have to wait until revenue cruises started. As we've noted, the elevator rank lifts don't seem to go to deck 18 according to the deck plans. One thing I've seen since paying passengers have uploaded videos, is that there is for sure and elevator from 17 to 18 that's located at the back of the spiral staircase between the Haven Lounge and the Haven Restaurant. This elevator seems large enough to accommodate HC passengers, so even if the the elevator rank lifts stop at 17, there is still a way do get to 18 without using stairs. I am hoping though that at least one of the elevator rank lifts go all the way to 18.

In the Haven lounge is an elevator to go to 18...I don't remember if it goes to the sun deck above sorry.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Harriet

I don't know what is in the Haven itself, but I know that the regular forward elevators go to 18 (at least some of them), and one single elevator in that bank even goes to 19. I am trying to find a good aerial shot of the ship to show you where, but no luck so far. We took this elevator a few times when heading to the cantilevered hot tubs, and it was on that same deck, just aft of the public part of the Vibe bar (port side of ship).

The deck plans miss some elevators.

For example, there is one elevator which goes all the way up to deck 19, but it isn't shown on the deck plans. It is a unique elevator as you enter or exit it from the rear.

In the same way, there are some elevators which do go to deck 18, outside the Haven, but they aren't shown on the deck plans.

Summary.

Within the haven there is an elevator that services the 3 haven decks 17,18,19.

(probably a service one in the area as well)

The forward elevators service up to deck 19 public sun deck.

Aft access to the rope course is via external stair lift on port side.

I don't know what is in the Haven itself, but I know that the regular forward elevators go to 18 (at least some of them), and one single elevator in that bank even goes to 19. I am trying to find a good aerial shot of the ship to show you where, but no luck so far. We took this elevator a few times when heading to the cantilevered hot tubs, and it was on that same deck, just aft of the public part of the Vibe bar (port side of ship).

The deck plans miss some elevators.

For example, there is one elevator which goes all the way up to deck 19, but it isn't shown on the deck plans. It is a unique elevator as you enter or exit it from the rear.

In the same way, there are some elevators which do go to deck 18, outside the Haven, but they aren't shown on the deck plans.

Here is my lovely drawing:

Untitled-1_zpssifpkmsw.jpg

(Original photo courtesty of Ingrid Fiebak photography.)

Edited by LrgPizza

Summary.

Within the haven there is an elevator that services the 3 haven decks 17,18,19.

(probably a service one in the area as well)

The forward elevators service up to deck 19 public sun deck.

Aft access to the rope course is via external stair lift on port side.

On top of the elevators it shows which floors they go to. The port elevators go to 18 and one of them is marked that it goes to 19, we used that for Vibe. It does not have it's own call button though.

Unrelated question |: I read on another forum that you can rent a cabana in the vibe? What are the benefits and how much is it? Worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did not see any cabanas in Vibe on Escape. Only one hot tub. Different from Getaway.

No clue about Richard. All I know is he is HD on Epic

Thanks for the info. Will he be on Epic for awhile or going on vacation? I enjoyed sailing with him in the past. He's a great HD. Guess the rumor about him coming to Escape was just that.

You mentioned before that Sean would be on vacation sometime in January. Do you know who his replacement will be?

I've been reading a lot of people complaining about the large groups of travel agents on this past cruise and their conference taking over the ship. Does anyone know if there are any large groups on our 11/28 sailing?

I was on the last escape cruise. The TAs were a munor inconvenience at a very few times. A couple of venues booked at a time that was not a big deal. In other ways it was a godsend, during the day the were at meetings which left more public space for the rest of us

I've been reading a lot of people complaining about the large groups of travel agents on this past cruise and their conference taking over the ship. Does anyone know if there are any large groups on our 11/28 sailing?

There were a lot of travel agents on board our cruise, but it didn't bother me. Most of the places they had their "classes" were venues that wouldn't have been open during those hours anyway, such as the specialty restaurants during the morning/afternoon hours, etc. If you weren't aware of those places typically being closed during the day, then it probably did look like the agents were taking over everything. lol

I was still able to see "For The Record" not once but twice (making last minute reservations no less), and both of the other shows as well. Maybe my experience would have been different if I had been unable to get in to see the shows.