Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Thanks to all that have posted here on the Escape...I have been following along for a long time. We are booked to sail on Dec 5. Looking forward to try our first NCL cruise. I have not seen any posts on coffee on the escape. I enjoy a good cup.....We have a balcony cabin and see they have a single cup machine there..I assume the coffee was ok using that machine..as for the coffee in the Atrium, how was it? Is it self serve? Also is just deserts there or do they have sandwiches there....

Thanks to all that have posted here on the Escape...I have been following along for a long time. We are booked to sail on Dec 5. Looking forward to try our first NCL cruise. I have not seen any posts on coffee on the escape. I enjoy a good cup.....We have a balcony cabin and see they have a single cup machine there..I assume the coffee was ok using that machine..as for the coffee in the Atrium, how was it? Is it self serve? Also is just deserts there or do they have sandwiches there....

I've never tried the coffee in the room (you won't get any reports from the TA as the coffee wasn't delivered to Southampton), but what you get in the buffet etc is adequate at best.

In the atrium, it is a proper coffee bar, which is chargeable. Personally, I really like the coffee there.

You can also get a decent espresso at the restaurants.

Awesome pic! Is that Nassau??

Sorry. Yes both Breakaway and Escape are in Nassau today. Snapped the pic as we were going out snorkeling.

It was interesting watching all of the breakaway officers on their bridge watching and snapping pics as the escape came in. Later, some of the breakaway officers were on the Escape "sightseeing".

A few completely random pictures from the Transatlantic...

These are just some of our towel animals. (The cruise wasn't over yet, so we got a few more. We had a towel zoo at the end of the 10 nights.)

8FEFFAC3-2301-4235-991A-013E5512D287_zpswqk8bgz6.jpg

This is my amazing breakfast burrito at Margaritaville. There should be avocado slices with it, but at the end of the cruise they had run out. (Thankfully. I had commented to my husband that I didn't know how they'd keep avocados good the entire cruise. :) )

6BF6212C-8276-45D9-B13D-1EEF9A083746_zpsj9ynvnbx.jpg

Halloween candy in the buffet

5994E9D3-C33E-4B59-8A36-6FE62D5AB3FA_zps8jlrjadj.jpg

A couple of the Tenors of Rock crashing Howl at the Moon for an amazing impromptu jam session:

ED8D2547-4E65-4918-AB4B-471001080AA5_zps0jxvenqm.jpg

This question is for the people who have already cruised the Escape.

The NCL rep couldn't tell me what is loaded onto the sea pass and what has to be activated after boarding. She thought the specialty dining package would be there already. But couldn't tell me about our adult soda package or the thermal spa passes. I remember on the Getaway, we went to lunch right after boarding and soda package wasn't on the pass. Hubby had to go down to the atrium with our passes and stand in a long line to get the stickers. Is that still the case? Also, are we fighting the first day spa tours to get that activated?

This question is for the people who have already cruised the Escape.

The NCL rep couldn't tell me what is loaded onto the sea pass and what has to be activated after boarding. She thought the specialty dining package would be there already. But couldn't tell me about our adult soda package or the thermal spa passes. I remember on the Getaway, we went to lunch right after boarding and soda package wasn't on the pass. Hubby had to go down to the atrium with our passes and stand in a long line to get the stickers. Is that still the case? Also, are we fighting the first day spa tours to get that activated?

If you have booked a spa cabin, the spa pass stickers will be in your room. I imagine this is the same for the pre-purchased passes. The rubber bracelet was no longer in use, just the stickers.

Thanks everyone who gave me feedback. I'm in aft balcony rather than spa suite so hopefully stickers will be in room. I was on Getaway in May 2014 and soda package was definitely not on card. We had to go get the stickers someplace in the Atrium area. It's probably different with the UBP since the SDP is supposed to be preloaded onto the card, the UBP is too, I imagine. I don't drink enough alcohol to justify that purchase. A couple of rum punches a day and I'm good. 29 days for me!!