Oasis/Allure - Is Windjammer intolerable on embarkation day?

Does anyone know what time the CL opens on embarkation day? We haven't made reservations for anything and wanted to go there first thing to try and get stuff booked.
I think your CL key (assuming you have one) works the instant you are on the ship. I was in the CL on Allure about 11:30am boarding day. I will say that the employees still seemed to be in set-up mode so I'm not sure if the Concierge was ready to do reservations. When asked, he did say "sorry, no lunch" [NOTE Oasis does seem to do boarding lunch, Allure does not seem to]. We were among the first D+ to board, and my GF had gone to "Show Reservations" (I think this was in "On Air") and immediately got the shows we wanted. By pre-arrangement, she then came to the CL and discovering that I was not there and that there was no lunch, met me at the window table I had snagged in WJ.

Thom

Last July on the Allure, there was no buffet on embarkation in the CL.

Must be new.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sea Ya

Have sailed Oasis three times and soon to be six times on Allure and have never had a buffet in the CL on embarkation day?:confused:

I think your CL key (assuming you have one) works the instant you are on the ship. I was in the CL on Allure about 11:30am boarding day. I will say that the employees still seemed to be in set-up mode so I'm not sure if the Concierge was ready to do reservations. When asked, he did say "sorry, no lunch" [NOTE Oasis does seem to do boarding lunch, Allure does not seem to]. We were among the first D+ to board, and my GF had gone to "Show Reservations" (I think this was in "On Air") and immediately got the shows we wanted. By pre-arrangement, she then came to the CL and discovering that I was not there and that there was no lunch, met me at the window table I had snagged in WJ.

Thom

Thanks!

On our Oasis cruise, fearing the long lines in the Windjammer, and wanting to try the infamous Roast Beef Sandwich, DH and I choose the Park Cafe. The sandwich did not disappoint, and we were able to secure a nice table outside, to enjoy the sunshine and a nice view of the park.

But something was missing.

I missed the hustle and bustle of the Windjammer. I love the crowds on embarkation day, and the hustle and bustle, the noise and the excitement the crowds and everyone is anxious to begin their cruise.

We always arrive at the port by 10:15; so even though we are a (lowly) gold C & A member :eek::D:D, we are still one of the first to board the ship. We plan to head directly to the Windjammer on embarkation day when we board the Allure in June.

DH and I will be sailing on June 29 cruise on Allure....and just like you, we look forward to heading to the WJ on embarkation day. I like my paella and melon drink, as a kickoff to a cruise. Since we generally get to the ship by 11:30am (sorry all we have is a 30 minute car ride from home to port) -- it never is a problem boarding quickly; it doesn't hurt that we are Diamonds (C&A). See on in the WJ.

Anyone else on the June 29,2014 sailing of Allure?

DH and I will be sailing on June 29 cruise on Allure....and just like you, we look forward to heading to the WJ on embarkation day. I like my paella and melon drink, as a kickoff to a cruise. Since we generally get to the ship by 11:30am (sorry all we have is a 30 minute car ride from home to port) -- it never is a problem boarding quickly; it doesn't hurt that we are Diamonds (C&A). See on in the WJ.

Anyone else on the June 29,2014 sailing of Allure?

We are going to have a great time on our cruise.

- Most Cruisers are Couples

- Most Tables seat four or more

- Solution - Invite another couple to join you if you are seated or invite yourself to join someone who is already seated.

We have made a lot of new friends doing this!

- Most Cruisers are Couples

- Most Tables seat four or more

- Solution - Invite another couple to join you if you are seated or invite yourself to join someone who is already seated.

We have made a lot of new friends doing this!

I agree with you that most tables seat 4 or more; no one knows for sure if 'most cruisers are couples' -- on our 14 cruises, I have seen plenty of groups of6 or more and plenty of twosomes.

The truth is IF you are a small group of 2 -- just ask someone walking by, to JOIN YOU....you will help them and make a new friend...if you don't like them much after a few minutes or a short lunch....you will MOVE on...but it will be a nice thing to do.

Great idea to me!!!

On the June 29, 2014 cruising of Allure, I will be at a large table for 6 in WJ at about noon...come join me, if you are on the sailing. You will know me, because I will have a tan big brimmed hat with red trim...and it has my C&A pin on it....if you care...I just wear it because it is cute.

Have sailed Oasis three times and soon to be six times on Allure and have never had a buffet in the CL on embarkation day?:confused:
Did you check and there wasn't one, or did you just not go? [i'm not sure which from your statement.] We had cooked to order lunch in Oasis CL on embarkation Jan 2013. Jan 2014 we were told there was no CL lunch on embarkation on Allure. I THINK that Allure has never offered it, but Oasis does (or at least did Jan 2013).

Thom

Here's another thought.

We have been on Oasis and Allure, and are always among the first people to board.

We go immediately to the Café Promenade, get a good seat, and get sandwiches, coffee, and dessert quickly and easily. Sometimes, we also go across to Sorrento's and get some pizza too.

It is fun to watch the other passengers coming in, and we usually stay there until we can go to our cabins.

I have to go to the WJ, medically, I need to be gluten and dairy free WJ offers me items there where Park Cafe only has sandwiches and salads are just the same old thing I eat daily. I can eat potatoes, rice, carved meats, vegetables too, only can get that at WJ.

I would rather gouge my eyeballs out with a hot rusty fork than go to the WJ on embarkation day.

Now if we could just get more people to adopt your point of view it would make life so much better for those us who really like the Windjammer.

I would rather gouge my eyeballs out with a hot rusty fork than go to the WJ on embarkation day.

Way too graphic a picture for me --- but just maybe you get to the WJ at a bad time. We embark on all the cruises we go on, early, usually within the first half hour of when they allow cruisers onto the ship -- WJ is wonderful. Then we have a full afternoon at the pool while other cruisers are getting on board and making the WJ very crowded.

Now if we could just get more people to adopt your point of view it would make life so much better for those us who really like the Windjammer.

I stated that I would not go on embarkation day.

Other days, I am there every morning at 7:00 AM and love it.

Here's another thought.

We have been on Oasis and Allure, and are always among the first people to board.

We go immediately to the Café Promenade, get a good seat, and get sandwiches, coffee, and dessert quickly and easily. Sometimes, we also go across to Sorrento's and get some pizza too.

It is fun to watch the other passengers coming in, and we usually stay there until we can go to our cabins.

And therein lies the problem... Just sayin'...