Azamara website - you must be kidding.??

almostnewtocruise

I'm told the techies have reviewed, and fixed where necessary, the cruise pricing. Thanks again for letting me know.../Bonnie

Sorry to tell you this Bonnie, but it's not fixed. That June 12 cruise that Miriam originally posted about is still showing $1799 for outside but when you try to proceed to book it's $3900.

Hi Miriam,

Thanks so much for posting about this! There is indeed a problem with the pricing on this cruise in our website. We have our technical people working on it. I'll let you know when they've fixed it.

B.rgds, bonnie

Sorry to tell you this Bonnie, but it's not fixed. That June 12 cruise that Miriam originally posted about is still showing $1799 for outside but when you try to proceed to book it's $3900.

Mare is right.. It still isn't fixed..

But you know what? I am glad that there is still somebody with a "direct line" to Azamara's technical people who reads these threads and cares about what's said here..

So thank you Bonnie!

And thanks to all those who (like me :)) understood that the great crew on the Azamara ships deserve a better website to represent them.. and that "we, the customers" shouldn't have to put up with the misinformation and the glitches for so long..

Miriam

Hi Miriam,

Thanks so much for posting about this! There is indeed a problem with the pricing on this cruise in our website. We have our technical people working on it. I'll let you know when they've fixed it.

B.rgds, bonnie

Bonnie, it's not just an isolated cruise pricing. It's the whole lot. The booking engine has a bug in it. I've yet to find a cruise via the Azamara site that prices correctly.

Phil

Bonnie, it's not just an isolated cruise pricing. It's the whole lot. The booking engine has a bug in it. I've yet to find a cruise via the Azamara site that prices correctly.

Phil

I posted this morning on the deal no deal thread. The pricing is wrong and its really going to put people off, not bring them in.

Yvonne

I posted this morning on the deal no deal thread. The pricing is wrong and its really going to put people off, not bring them in.

Yvonne

Fortunately for Azamara, the on-board product is so good that cruisers return, but new cruisers will be put off very easily if the on-shore product is disappointing.

I don't bother with the website except to look at what cruises are coming up (and, once booked, see what shore excursions are offered...but now with no discount, I doubt I'll even do that...private excursions all the way!) I shop different on line TA's and I have my own special TA who always seems to give the best price and he hooked me up with the website that shows real time cabin availability.

It is a shame that the techies at Azamara can't get things right and the problem has been going on for years in one aspect or another. For first timers, it's a turn off and to the rest of us, a source of aggravation.

Bonnie, you've got your work cut out for you on this one! (But thanks for trying)

The August 20th Journey sailing is still pricing incorrectly.

I was told this morning that they only went live with the corrections this morning. So maybe I jumped the gun when I announced yesterday the prices had been corrected.

Would you check the Aug 20 price today, April 10, and see if it's now correct? I would but I'm on the road and communicating with you via a tablet.

Bonnie

First - we are "ex Azamarians" (started in 2009) who decided to part ways when Azamara turned even "more inclusive" (and therefore more expensive)..

There's a lot of this going around. People are getting upset with me but I'm just trying to learn from people posting the comments!

There's a lot of this going around. People are getting upset with me but I'm just trying to learn from people posting the comments!
As you apparently have no intention of ever cruising Azamara--but only haranguing us here--you might learn more from the "so sad--one-star reviews for Royal" thread on the Princess board. Sounds like Princess is a cruise line to avoid.;) Better invest more of your time there--on the board for your favorite cruise line. Edited by marinaro44

We have six Azamara cruises under our belt, the last a couple of years ago. I was really interested in checking out itineraries for the fall and for next year, but I got so exasparated by the inconsistencies on the website, with non-existent offers and time-expired promotions, that I gave up.

I research our trips and vacations, and I would like to have access to the relevant facts and pricing myself. If the cruise line can't even give me a baseline to work from, then it's a pretty poor showing in this day and age.

Hi everyone! We just wanted to clarify this: Currently, the rate for an Oceanview stateroom on our website is $1,700 per person, based on double occupancy. As of today, Interior staterooms are no longer available, but that can change - so do check back. So, the total price is $3,968 for 2 guests. Hope that helps clarify things!

Hi everyone! We just wanted to clarify this: Currently, the rate for an Oceanview stateroom on our website is $1,700 per person, based on double occupancy. As of today, Interior staterooms are no longer available, but that can change - so do check back. So, the total price is $3,968 for 2 guests. Hope that helps clarify things!

Yes , indeed!

I've just checked and the guaranteed OV is $3900.52 (for 2).

Thank to everybody who listened and helped.. :-))

Miriam

Just need to sort out the rest now.

Double upgrade on the 27th October cruise, a veranda is £119 cheaper than an inside making a double upgrade useless.

An OV is £261 dearer, unless they double upgrade you to a suite, that may be worth it :)

Makes no sense to me still.

It would cost £4,820.96 for an inside lowest cat, to use the double upgrade promo, to a balcony, that costs £4,382 just to buy anyway!

Yvonne:(

The OP (not you personally) was just looking for a price on a cruise -- not advice. An agency can easily obtain that information

BTW I know MANY folks in the UK and Australia who use US TAs. It can be done.

I am in the UK and thought I would share my very recent TA experience when booking my first Azamara trip later this year. First of all we required a balcony cabin but none were available, so we were 'waitlisted'. After a week I saw on Azamara website that balconies were listed as being available so I rang my TA. He rang Azamara and managed to 'twist the arm' (his words) of a Azamara agent who let us have a balcony cabin. By late afternoon the TA rang back to inform us that the Azamara agent had been disciplined by his manager and he had to take back the balcony cabin as it had been 'reserved' for someone else. The next day I again saw a balcony cabin listed as available so I rang Azamara myself, and lo and behold I managed to book and leave a deposit on said balcony cabin. I told the Azamara agent I would be transferring the booking to my TA as he had been helping? us with it from the beginning. I then informed my TA of what had gone forth and told him to arrange flights etc. including a couple of extra days in a hotel at the end of the trip. He rang me and told me he had sorted everything and gave me a price and took a deposit (for the extra days hotels). When I received my invoice I saw that he had in fact taken the Azamara package of flights and pre trip hotel/transfers, (which I could have done myself). I was very surprised at this and thought I would check prices 'doing it myself' over the web, as Azamara, via my agent had added £2,500 onto our booking for flights and pre hotel/transfers. The exact flights, times date etc. could be booked on line for £1200 for both of us, which left £1,300 charged for one night's hotel and transfers!! When I questioned mt TA about this he said he would give us a £438 discount on the Azamara package but he had to include costs of ABTA protection etc. All in all if I had just booked cruise only with Azamara (as I did originally) and then booked all my travel arrangements myself I would have save almost £300! This is not a small TA, it is one of the largest online TA's in the UK!

I was very surprised at this and thought I would check prices 'doing it myself' over the web, as Azamara, via my agent had added £2,500 onto our booking for flights and pre hotel/transfers. The exact flights, times date etc. could be booked on line for £1200 for both of us, which left £1,300 charged for one night's hotel and transfers!! When I questioned mt TA about this he said he would give us a £438 discount on the Azamara package but he had to include costs of ABTA protection etc. All in all if I had just booked cruise only with Azamara (as I did originally) and then booked all my travel arrangements myself I would have save almost £300! This is not a small TA, it is one of the largest online TA's in the UK!

I live in the US and use a TA to book my cruises but unless there is an air special I always book my own air and pre/post hotels. In the US you can also buy your own trip insurance at a much better price than the TA sells it for....they have to make a commission one way or another.

Thank you Saladmuncher for sharing your story. This is exactly why so many people would still prefer to have a direct booking relationship with Azamara UK.

Or Azamara US. I really like to avoid agents but Az's booking engine is still showing wildly incorrect fares when you get to Step 2 and 3 of the process, for every itinerary I've researched. It's a bit disappointing but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and either use an agent or try this on the phone with Az. Ugh.